PDA

View Full Version : Fran's Execution Date

rancher
10-11-2007, 05:03 PM
Today, the aggies released their probe of Fran-Gate. Fran was taken to the woodshed by the AD. It was reported that by not reporting the $37,000.00 he made in profit, he did not report this to A&M or to the NCAA as required by his contract. Also reported that by placing recruits names in the email this was a violation of NCAA rules. A&M are now self reporting the violations of Fran. A full story can be read in the Sporting New.com or www.aggiecoach.com. How long will Fran last now, will he make it past the Oklahoma game before being fired.

Aesculus gilmus
10-11-2007, 05:15 PM
I don't understand what's wrong with the guy. He has a better record than Mack Brown this season, with far less talent to work with.

You Aggies expect way too much out of your football program. He'll beat Texas again this year. What more can you ask of a guy? Texas is always your obsession. It's in the words of all your songs.

So he's doing his job, and doing it rather well, from a disinterested observer's perspective. The team all loves him, too.

eagles_victory
10-11-2007, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
I don't understand what's wrong with the guy. He has a better record than Mack Brown this season, with far less talent to work with.

You Aggies expect way too much out of your football program. He'll beat Texas again this year. What more can you ask of a guy? Texas is always your obsession. It's in the words of all your songs.

So he's doing his job, and doing it rather well, from a disinterested observer's perspective. The team all loves him, too. i dont know about that Texas is down but i think they can still beat the ags but it will be a great game

GetRDoneStangs
10-11-2007, 05:58 PM
I don't care how much anyone "Loves" him...these facts speak true and loud..

It was reported that by not reporting the $37,000.00 he made in profit, he did not report this to A&M or to the NCAA as required by his contract. Also reported that by placing recruits names in the email this was a violation of NCAA rules.

I thought Fran was much smarter than to do something so stupid!

He should take the heat for this and hopefully A & M won't get kicked by the NCAAA

JJ7997
10-11-2007, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
i dont know about that Texas is down but i think they can still beat the ags but it will be a great game

Do you honestly think the Stumblin' Steers are going to get out of College Station with a win ?

Whatever, put down the pipe .... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

necks_c/09
10-11-2007, 06:03 PM
Fran's Execution Date= Very Very Soon

They had better beat OU and UT if he wants to keep his job, if he aint gone by then.......

Even if they won both those games he would still prolly be gone

Bulldog_12
10-11-2007, 06:56 PM
The writing is on the wall for Fran. There was no vote of confidence or good word from Byrne today. Some say if we lose to tech that he will start talking to new coaches. I think he already has started. It would take 5-1 through the next 6 and a Big XII south title to save him. I hate to jump on coaches seeing as I am working to become one, but this is ridiculous. It's time for him to saddle up and get out of Dodge.

JR2004
10-11-2007, 07:00 PM
If he beats Texas he won't be fired. If he loses to Texas and is blown out this weekend by Tech and then later on by Jokelahoma then he's gone as soon as the regular season ends.

JasperDog94
10-11-2007, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by JJ7997
Do you honestly think the Stumblin' Steers are going to get out of College Station with a win ?

Whatever, put down the pipe .... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Someone's mighty confident. ;)

JJ7997
10-11-2007, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Someone's mighty confident. ;)

Your darn right, confidence never hurts.

I just have that "feeling" like I did last year that we are going to beat Texas.

Aggie football is something the Longhorns have a hard time handling ... :D

buff4life
10-11-2007, 07:44 PM

not a single one of the ags wins have been convincing...they could EASILY have a worse record than Texas..

JasperDog94
10-11-2007, 08:04 PM
Aggie football is something the Longhorns have a hard time handling ... :D lol...if you say so...;)

GetRDoneStangs
10-11-2007, 08:10 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by kof96
Texas wins this week then gets beat by TCU.

I guess ol kof96 is still on "the bench"????

To bad...But...maybe he will be back some day!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :( :D :eek: :confused:

NOT!!!!:D

necks_c/09
10-11-2007, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by GetRDoneStangs
I guess ol kof96 is still on "the bench"????

To bad...But...maybe he will be back some day!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :( :D :eek: :confused:

NOT!!!!:D Wait, i didnt even notice he was gone

what happened?

JJ7997
10-11-2007, 08:15 PM
New trends are always being started and this is just the latest. Even though there has been previous periods where we have owned yall.

.........and for the beginning of the end of this thread.........

Everybody and their dog knows that Vince Young was the only thing that Texas has had since 1970.

Mack Brown would still be without a conference championship and Blow U would have an 8 game streak over the Steers. You better be a big Titans fan is all I can say, cause all the Orangebloods still owe Vince.

GetRDoneStangs
10-11-2007, 08:17 PM
Me think the same thing...hadn't missed him or noticed him....

but on his member list page his status is...."*** Benched Player *** ...

and his last post was on 10-4-07

necks_c/09
10-11-2007, 08:18 PM
New trends are always being started and this is just the latest. Even though there has been previous periods where we have owned yall.

.........and for the beginning of the end of this thread.........

Everybody and their dog knows that Vince Young was the only thing that Texas has had since 1970.

Mack Brown would still be without a conference championship and Blow U would have an 8 game streak over the Steers. You better be a big Titans fan is all I can say, cause all the Orangebloods still owe Vince. Okay.....

Can i ask something?

Okay i will

Who Cares?

big daddy russ
10-11-2007, 08:28 PM
Here's what I'm seeing. A&M's paying $2 million a year (was 8th in the nation last year, 11th this year) for a mediocre coach putting out a mediocre product, and being dishonest about a major thing. He's brought mediocrity and, more than likely, NCAA sanctions to the campus.

A&M could full and well fire him this year and not pay a dime of his buyout, clearing $2 million-plus in resources for the next coaching search. Based on my own common sense, I think he's gone.

I've heard it said again and again, but I'd like to know why everyone thinks A&M doesn't have much talent. In the four and a half years since Fran's been there, A&M's recruiting haul is the 11th-best in the nation according to the Rivals charts. They have four players in the backfield likely to go to the NFL, one of which is a possible first-rounder, and, quite possibly, the second-best offensive line in the Big XII. If that wasn't enough, they have the best TE prospect since Vernon Davis and a bunch of underutilized, but quick, wideouts. If they could just catch the ball more consistently, they'd be a great group. Hell, three of those kids were four-star recruits.

On defense, the line and the LB's are great. Tons of talent there, especially at DT. The secondary can cover, but has a hard time recognizing the play. It also struggles in a zone, but is pretty dang good man-on-man.

Don't tell me the talent's not there. If you really believe that, you're not watching them. Tons of talent, and it's been there every year since Fran's been on campus, but it hasn't come together to make a solid team.

On the flip side, Auburn (my team) doesn't have near the talent A&M pulls. We've won with our speed and speed alone. That's why we have trouble against Arkie (big team who can pound it against our smaller defense) but can beat Florida or LSU any day of the week (both teams rely on superior speed to run around everyone else... we take away that advantage).

Just look at Tyrone Willingham up at Notre Dame. He brought in gobs of talent, but didn't get the guys to fit his system and couldn't coach that talent. Then Charlie Weiss comes in and is hailed as a savior.

Just watch, if TAMU pulls a solid coach with that $2 million+, they'll be a top-15 team all year long. Jim Grobe could do anything he wants with this team. So could Jeff Tedford and Bo Pelini. No, A&M doesn't have the speed of an Auburn or a an LSU, but they have a hell of a physical football team and some players who can do whatever they want whenever they want on a football field. What's going to happen when those players finally get on the same page?

BobcatBenny
10-11-2007, 08:33 PM

Oh I get it. JJ must be from Hutto.

Bulldog_12
10-11-2007, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
If he beats Texas he won't be fired. If he loses to Texas and is blown out this weekend by Tech and then later on by Jokelahoma then he's gone as soon as the regular season ends.

I really don't think so. Everything I have heard is that Byrne is pissed. Like I said before, it has already been stated that if we lose this weekend he will be talking to new coaches seeing as you can't fire one without having one in the wings. If Fran's only win is against texas from here on out he is still gone. He has brought NCAA infractions down now. I really don't expect him to be here next year.

block&tackle
10-11-2007, 09:18 PM
Word is that Fran is a jerk with no integrity. That has nothing to do with ATM and how I feel about them. I know one of his former employers and he said that any success that Fran would have in the future would not save him from himself. Rude to the folks that he reports to, horrible to the people that work for him, and inept at handling alumni. Buddy that is an Ag football alum recently confirmed the last. He said that they will fire him as soon as they have a good excuse. That was supposed to be after last year but Texas victory made that difficult. The reason that they are jumping on this latest foul-up is this will be their chance to get rid of him. The ONLY chance he has this year will be to win out.

LH Panther Mom
10-11-2007, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Here's what I'm seeing. A&M's paying $2 million a year (was 8th in the nation last year, 11th this year) for a mediocre coach putting out a mediocre product, and being dishonest about a major thing. He's brought mediocrity and, more than likely, NCAA sanctions to the campus.
My questions.....

He's making $2 mil/year. The $1200 "subscription" to the information was to cover the cost of his "personal" website. How many subscribers did he have? 10? 30? I saw the website and I can't see why it would supposedly be that much. Next, he's making $2 mil/year. Why can't he afford the website on that amount?

My thought is if the NCAA comes down, win or lose, he's most likely out.

big daddy russ
10-12-2007, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
My questions.....

He's making $2 mil/year. The $1200 "subscription" to the information was to cover the cost of his "personal" website. How many subscribers did he have? 10? 30? I saw the website and I can't see why it would supposedly be that much. Next, he's making $2 mil/year. Why can't he afford the website on that amount?

My thought is if the NCAA comes down, win or lose, he's most likely out.
Good question. At first glance, I'd say that he got greedy, but I'm sure there's a lot more to it than just that.

Either way, terrible judgment on his part. He was finding ways to keep his job before this... the Texas win, etc, but he just opened the door and rolled out the red carpet for all the Aggies who were calling for his head.

buff4life
10-12-2007, 02:43 AM
Your darn right, confidence never hurts.

I just have that "feeling" like I did last year that we are going to beat Texas.

Aggie football is something the Longhorns have a hard time handling ... :D

thatz why the all time record is like 74-39 or somethin...

sounds like some real hard time there...