View Full Version : Text Messages

necks_c/09
10-11-2007, 03:42 PM
Do you guys text message?

If so, how many have yall went over?

Do u got unlimited?

Most you ever went over?

I do text alot.
I have unlimited and the most i ever went over(when i didnt have unlimited was 163 @ .15 ea)

The most i ever used in one month is like 1800.

On this months bill, i have used right at 300, and i'm 4 days in.im on pace to break that record i think.....

Neck_06, i heard some stories about your texting days.....

Fill the peeps in on that.....lol

Ranger Mom
10-11-2007, 03:46 PM
I have 300 a month and I meant to upgrade that when football season started.....DANG IT, I forgot all about it!!

I am sure I am already way over!!:mad:

RedWhiteBlue
10-11-2007, 03:48 PM
I don't know how. We just have it for my 13 year old. I get mad when someone texts me because I can't even figure out how to read it- so old school.... I know.

Footballhudini
10-11-2007, 03:51 PM
my x-girlfriend's sister sends out 10,000 text messages (Average month). her bill is literally a booklet...

pirate4state
10-11-2007, 03:52 PM
I have unlimited. Had to upgrade last year. So far this month I have 1646 used and my billing cycle is over next Wednesday! :nerd:

Emerson1
10-11-2007, 03:53 PM
We have unlimited, my sister was sending like 2000 a month.

necks_c/09
10-11-2007, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I have 300 a month and I meant to upgrade that when football season started.....DANG IT, I forgot all about it!!

I am sure I am already way over!!:mad: there should be a way to check ur text usage....

theres a lil thing on my phone # list thats preprogrammed into my phone to check the text usage......

My phone says "as of 10-11 3:03 PM, 296 used, unlim remaining. Bill close 11/06.....

So there you go....

crzyjournalist03
10-11-2007, 03:56 PM
I had it turned off on my phone, because I didn't want to pay $.10 every time someone wanted to forward me something or tell a joke.

If people want to contact me, they have to call or use email. I just don't get the point to typing on your cellphone.

DU_stud04
10-11-2007, 03:59 PM
i didnt have text plan and used about 200 the first month..... so i bought a 200 message plan.... then everyone and their sisters decide to start texting, especially every score change. i kept it at 200, i dont send many, usually when i get one ill call back.

Emerson1
10-11-2007, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
I had it turned off on my phone, because I didn't want to pay $.10 every time someone wanted to forward me something or tell a joke.

If people want to contact me, they have to call or use email. I just don't get the point to typing on your cellphone.
Because it's to loud at games to talk on the phone, and you may not always feel it vibrate or hear it ring and no one wants to leave a voice mail of a score.

crzyjournalist03
10-11-2007, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
you may not always feel it vibrate or hear it ring

in which instance you won't notice that someone sent you a text either...

necks_c/09
10-11-2007, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
i didnt have text plan and used about 200 the first month..... so i bought a 200 message plan.... then everyone and their sisters decide to start texting, especially every score change. i kept it at 200, i dont send many, usually when i get one ill call back. I didnt think i would use much but everybody and their momma texts me nowadays so i virtually have to have unlimited unless i wanna pay like $200 in overages every month.

And as far as why u would wanna type on ur phone....

I do it mostly in skool and with people i aint comfortable talking to personally on the phone, or in texting u can send one text then come back like an hour later and u will have a reply and u can text them back rather than a just back and forth conv where you cant do anything else.

Its kinda like u can talk to them over a period of time which is kinda cool too i guess....

there are plenty of positives about it for HS kids anyway.

necks_c/09
10-11-2007, 04:06 PM
in which instance you won't notice that someone sent you a text either... yea, but a text stays on ur phone, if somebody calls u...

then it just says 1 missed call....

nothing more.....whereas a text the message is there

RedWhiteBlue
10-11-2007, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Because it's to loud at games to talk on the phone, and you may not always feel it vibrate or hear it ring and no one wants to leave a voice mail of a score.
Most people know not to call me during the game and that I won't be calling them until half, someone gets hurt or the game is over. So hearing it or feeling it- I could care less.

Ranger Mom
10-11-2007, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue
Most people know not to call me during the game and that I won't be calling them until half, someone gets hurt or the game is over. So hearing it or feeling it- I could care less.

Thank goodness KTA texts me with each score!!!:D :D

DU_stud04
10-11-2007, 04:10 PM
half of my phone calls are like text messages anyways, i dont carry conversations

all my phone calls are like this:

me: hey, whats up?
friend: come over
me: okay, see ya in 10

i might have 3 calls a month over 2 minutes, everything else is around the 1 minute mark.

i do text in class when i cant receive calls though or late at night, parents brought me up not receiving calls after 10 so i feel weird calling late.

i also send texts to tell people when were meeting up instead of calling 10 people, just send the mass message out like that.

necks_c/09
10-11-2007, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
half of my phone calls are like text messages anyways, i dont carry conversations

all my phone calls are like this:

me: hey, whats up?
friend: come over
me: okay, see ya in 10

i might have 3 calls a month over 2 minutes, everything else is around the 1 minute mark.

i do text in class when i cant receive calls though or late at night, parents brought me up not receiving calls after 10 so i feel weird calling late.

i also send texts to tell people when were meeting up instead of calling 10 people, just send the mass message out like that. agreed on all points.....

txkmom
10-11-2007, 04:13 PM
Had to get unlimited texting for my kids - one of them was up to about 3-4000 monthly, and $9.99/month unlimited looked tooooo good to pass up. We also cancelled our paper bill - it was so embarrassing to get a BOX every month!

Ranger Mom
10-11-2007, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by txkmom
We also cancelled our paper bill - it was so embarrassing to get a BOX every month!

ROFL!!! That was funniest thing I have read all day!!!:clap: :clap: :D :D

necks_c/09
10-11-2007, 04:16 PM
Had to get unlimited texting for my kids - one of them was up to about 3-4000 monthly, and $9.99/month unlimited looked tooooo good to pass up. We also cancelled our paper bill - it was so embarrassing to get a BOX every month! yea, we have 5 phones on one bill and we ALL text ALOT....

We cancelled the paper part too b/c we could care less who each of us was texting to....

and we paid like $100 in overages one month and we decided that instead, we would all get unlimited b/c its like 50 extra dollars 4 all of us....

So it just made sense and we had to get it....

luvhoops34
10-11-2007, 04:16 PM
I had 100 texts a month(incoming/outgoing).

I had to upgrade to 300 because of KTA and Woods

and then of course on Friday nights, it's crazy with text messages and phone calls.

Woods has unlimited and he does about 10,00 a month. I think that's all he does is text.:(

I might send my daughter a text if she is in class.

necks_c/09
10-11-2007, 04:18 PM
nice sig hoops....

I liked the quote as well:D

txkmom
10-11-2007, 04:24 PM
ROFL!!! That was funniest thing I have read all day!!!:clap: :clap: :D :D

Honestly, the first time we got the bill in a box, the kids got all excited b/c they thought AT&T had sent a new phone. Dummies. Then we opened it up, and voila! embarrassingly HUGE stack of paper.

luvhoops34
10-11-2007, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by necks_c/09
nice sig hoops....

I liked the quote as well:D

I put it on there the day you got suspended! I'm glad you like it. I do, too.:D

mustang04
10-11-2007, 04:32 PM
i text allllllll the time...got unlimited..its alot more convenient then callin to me...can do it during class or places where you need to be quiet...its stright to the point...no awkward silence...its amazing:)

luvhoops34
10-11-2007, 04:34 PM
Honestly, the first time we got the bill in a box, the kids got all excited b/c they thought AT&T had sent a new phone. Dummies. Then we opened it up, and voila! embarrassingly HUGE stack of paper.

http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/images/smilies/thewave.gif

CHSfan
10-11-2007, 04:44 PM
wow yalls arent that bad i went $250 over b4 i had unlimited....yeah it was pretty bad but i didnt get in trouble or anything my dad was just like o wow who on earth could u be txting this much ..me: EVERYBODY DAD!! lol so then he just got me unlimited!!

luvhoops34
10-11-2007, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by CHSfan
wow yalls arent that bad i went $250 over b4 i had unlimited....yeah it was pretty bad but i didnt get in trouble or anything my dad was just like o wow who on earth could u be txting this much ..me: EVERYBODY DAD!! lol so then he just got me unlimited!!

IMO, if you have kids, unlimited is the ONLY way to go. My g/f got a cingular bill one time when the youngest first started texting. It was about $300 over. She freaked out.:)

necks_c/09
10-11-2007, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
IMO, if you have kids, unlimited is the ONLY way to go. My g/f got a cingular bill one time when the youngest first started texting. It was about $300 over. She freaked out.:) I tried to save my mo the hassle

She warned me and i went over and i told her that i guess i had to learn the hard way and i ended up paying for it.....

But now she got me unlimited:)

Ranger Mom
10-11-2007, 04:54 PM
IMO, if you have kids, unlimited is the ONLY way to go. My g/f got a cingular bill one time when the youngest first started texting. It was about $300 over. She freaked out.:)

I tried to tell this lady at Sprint that the other day. She was getting her 12 y/o her first cell phone and was asking about the different packages.

I butted in and said, "How old is your daughter?"...she said, "12"....I said, "I know you didn't ask for my opinion, but from experience I suggest you go unlimited"....

So...she went with the 300 text a month package. :hand: Amateur!!

I wonder how long before she ups it??
:p

luvhoops34
10-11-2007, 04:56 PM
I tried to tell this lady at Sprint that the other day. She was getting her 12 y/o her first cell phone and was asking about the different packages.

I butted in and said, "How old is your daughter?"...she said, "12"....I said, "I know you didn't ask for my opinion, but from experience I suggest you go unlimited"....

:p

LMAO, not long I bet. All the kids were texting in hs during class until the school stopped them. Thank goodness this was after my daughter graduated.

necks_c/09
10-11-2007, 05:00 PM
LMAO, not long I bet. All the kids were texting in hs during class until the school stopped them. Thank goodness this was after my daughter graduated. Were not even supposed to have our phones but i send/receive 30-40 texts a day in school.....:D

rules dont apply if ur slick...:D

SUPERMANN5107
10-11-2007, 05:14 PM
I went 800 over at $0.10 each. I ended up having to pay for it too :crying:

tigerpride_08
10-11-2007, 05:29 PM
i really wasn't a texter untill now...so we made the switch to unlimited...but it sucks that multimedia messages don't go under that...

luvhoops34
10-11-2007, 05:48 PM
Were not even supposed to have our phones but i send/receive 30-40 texts a day in school.....:D

rules dont apply if ur slick...:D

LMAO:D Slick, huh. There's somebody else on this message board with the same nick name. But he shall remain anonymous...;)

necks_c/09
10-11-2007, 05:49 PM
LMAO:D Slick, huh. There's somebody else on this message board with the same nick name. But he shall remain anonymous...;) huh? what? im lost

explain...plz

lepfan
10-11-2007, 08:46 PM

:p We did the 300 pkg for a little bit...then we (AKA ~ my daughter) went WAY over....I added unlimited to hers and I still have 300 for me. She sends/gets about 2000-3000 a month...I send/get about 100 or so on a normal...If I text and then reply more than 3 or 4 times to the same person in a min. or I have a lengthy text I just call. I think texting is the best thing since sliced bread!!!! It has sure livened up a few inservice meetings I have had to sit through!!!!

lepfan
10-11-2007, 08:49 PM
Were not even supposed to have our phones but i send/receive 30-40 texts a day in school.....:D

rules dont apply if ur slick...:D My daughter will go to the bathroom during school to text me with what she wants to say...hubby will text me during a meeting if I keep trying to call him...his way of saying STOP CALLING right now.... :)

necks_c/09
10-11-2007, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by lepfan
My daughter will go to the bathroom during school to text me with what she wants to say...hubby will text me during a meeting if I keep trying to call him...his way of saying STOP CALLING right now.... :) who needs to go to the bathroom?

I just bust out my phone and put it on the side of my leg on the opposite side of the teacher so he/she cant see it and text away:D

carter08
10-11-2007, 09:12 PM
i need unlimited.

50 a month is just not cutting it.

at least i have unlimited incoming...

Emerson1
10-11-2007, 09:12 PM
in which instance you won't notice that someone sent you a text either...
But it still stays there for you to read and if you are expecting it you will be pulling your phone out to see if you got it.

shankbear
10-11-2007, 10:31 PM
Was at 100 but that didn't cut it. We evacuated to Mt. Enterprise, TX during Hurricane Rita. There is very little cell reception there but the text messages would go in and out fine. A Verizon guy said that the text packets were tiny compared to voice packets, blah, blah, blah. Really wracked up a bill then. Verizon waived most of it.

Now have unlimited plan.

necks_c/09
10-20-2007, 03:36 PM
As of 10-20 2:16 PM, 1073 used, Unlim Remaining. Bill Close: 11/06:eek:

zebrablue2
10-20-2007, 03:41 PM

agreed.

necks_c/09
10-20-2007, 03:51 PM
As of 10-20 2:16 PM, 1073 used, Unlim Remaining. Bill Close: 11/06:eek:

on pace to use 2378 text messages this month

dang, that would be a new record

also averaging 77 text messages a day

:eek:

luvhoops34
10-20-2007, 04:10 PM
FYI: If you have kids and cell phones, you need unlimited text messaging.....:D

It will cut down on your cell phone bill bc the kids will text instead of calling their friends.

And especially if you have kids in college. :D

Gobbla2001
10-20-2007, 04:49 PM
I have unlimited... wish more people would text... it's cool to sit there and bs sometimes, but when I'm at work it's easier for me to take 20 seconds to send a message instead of being confined to my phone for 5 straight minutes...

softball_mom
10-20-2007, 06:09 PM
Just opened my At&T bill.....one daughter had over 8,000. And the other had about 2,000. So glad we have the unlimited family plan!