Brownfield (4-3A) Lost 27-28

Seminole
Post (4-2A)Won 49-6
Denver City (4-2A)Won 7-0
Canyon (5-3A)Lost 13-46
Fort Stockton (1-3A)Lost 14-25
Andrews (3-3A)Lost 21-25
Lamesa (3-3A)Won 53-0

Last Year Greenwood won 28-21 during the regular season and 27-14 in playoffs.

Snydertigersrul
10-11-2007, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by GWOOD
(4-3A) Seminole 3-3, 157-102
at
(3-3A) Greenwood 4-2, 131-119
(Homecoming)

Greenwood
Graham (6-3A) Lost 0-20
Crane (7-2A) Won 17-14
Lubbock Estacado (4-4A) Won 25-16
San Angelo Lake View (4-4A) Won 35-28
Levelland (4-3A) Won 27-13
Brownfield (4-3A) Lost 27-28

Seminole
Post (4-2A)Won 49-6
Denver City (4-2A)Won 7-0
Canyon (5-3A)Lost 13-46
Fort Stockton (1-3A)Lost 14-25
Andrews (3-3A)Lost 21-25
Lamesa (3-3A)Won 53-0

Last Year Greenwood won 28-21 during the regular season and 27-14 in playoffs.

Sorry Ranger Mom, Seminole will spoil Greenwood's homecoming. I hope that you get a mum.

Snyder_TigerFan
10-11-2007, 09:02 PM
Greenwood wins handily.

Ranger Mom
10-11-2007, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
Sorry Ranger Mom, Seminole will spoil Greenwood's homecoming. I hope that you get a mum.

:eek: :eek: Lordy, I hope I don't get a mum!!

1). They are too freakin expensive, (I always made the ones the boys got the girls).

2.) My days of holding mums for all those girls I made them for all LONG OVER!!!

Talk about nothing but a big nuisance!!:hand:

GWOOD
10-12-2007, 07:42 AM
Thank goodness we have a week off before district after this game.

Oct. 12, 2007: Beat-up Rangers ready for tough test against Seminole
Oscar Leroy
Midland Reporter-Telegram

Greenwood coach Steve Taylor has more concerns than just having his Rangers face Seminole tonight.

Not only are the Rangers (4-2) coming off a game at Brownfield in which they lost on a fluke two-point conversion play by the Cubs, but they are having to overcome a flurry of injuries -- something the Rangers could not afford to have this season.

Taylor announced earlier in the week that the Rangers had lost senior wide receiver and defensive back Brandon Herring for the year with a knee injury. In addition, quarterback Colton Wilber (knee) and middle linebacker Kyler Hatley (knee) are also likely out for this game, while running back/defensive back Willie Dains (illness), offensive guard Dean Smith (ankle) and center Jake Peine (knee) are questionable. All those injuries are enough to cause many sleepless nights for Taylor and his coaching staff.

"We've got so many of them that might be out for this game, but I know our kids are going to play hard against Seminole," Taylor said. "The thing I was most pleased with in the game at Brownfield is that the kids played hard Friday night, and the thing we want to do each time is play hard and hit hard. We just had so many tough things happen to us."

If injuries weren't something the Rangers needed to overcome as they prepare to face a Seminole team, which is 3-3 and coming off a 53-0 route of Lamesa, they also need to recover from the hangover of a 28-27 loss to Brownfield.

The Rangers appeared to have won the game with a blocked extra point but the ball took an unfortunate bounce behind the line of scrimmage. If it would have taken a bounce a foot forward then the ball would have been dead. Instead it was a live ball, which was picked up by a Brownfield player and taken into the end zone for a two-point conversion and the eventual game winner.

Rangers senior safety Josh Lopez said as tough as it was losing a game like that, the team knows that it must move on.

"We just kind of said 'it happens, get over it and let's get ready for next week,'" Lopez said. "We're looking at it like this is not going to affect us, but it will help us in the long run."

Fellow senior defensive back K.C. Proctor said the loss last week wasn't determined on that last two-point conversion. The Rangers missed scoring opportunities early and had untimely penalties.

"If it weren't for mental mistakes early in the game, we probably wouldn't have been in that position," said Proctor, the team's second-leading tackler with 38. "We've done good at points this season, but we've also shot ourselves in the foot a bunch and that's because of mental mistakes."

The Rangers can't afford to have too many mental mistakes against a dangerous Seminole team, which had 343 total yards and scored 23 first-quarter points against Lamesa last week.

"I think (the Indians) are pretty good on offense but I think we'll be ready for them," Lopez said. "We just have to play hard and not make any mental mistakes."

Seminole and Greenwood have also had some entertaining meetings in the past few years. Last year the teams met twice -- once in the regular season and again in the bi-district round of the Class 3A Division II playoffs. Greenwood won both meetings but they came by a combined seven points.

"It's just always physical and always emotional," said Proctor about past games against the Indians. "That's a big rivalry and if we go out there and play Ranger football and not mess around, I think we'll be OK."

Added Lopez, "Games against Seminole are always a grudge match. It's pretty much a street fight out there, but I'm confident we're going to come out on top."

Ranger Mom
10-12-2007, 07:47 AM
OUCH!!!!!:( :(

Go Rangers!!!!!

STANG RED
10-12-2007, 08:05 AM
My heart is with Greenwood, but my head tells me Seminole. So I'll go with my heart here.
Greenwood 24
Seminole 21
:nerd: