PDA

View Full Version : NCAA coaches on the hot seat

3afan
10-11-2007, 02:15 PM
http://www.collegesportsreport.com

some interesting ones:

Guy Morriss, Baylor: Bears are beyond putrid on defense, and have lost punch on offense. At 18-34 in his fifth year, things are ugly. BU keeps getting worse each week with tougher competition approaching.

Dennis Franchione, Texas A&M: Colorado's upset of Oklahoma paved the road for another South Division team to make a run for the title, but none appear ready. Pay him $1200 and Fran will email you that he's not feeling the heat. Just don't you believe it. A&M was lucky to get past Okie State last week. That could provide the fuel before a Texas Tech match lights him up this week.

Mike Gundy, Oklahoma State: Tirades aside, the Troy loss was embarrassing and now the big preseason expectations are beginning to fall by the wayside as the Big 12 crunches down. Boone Pickens didn't dump $165 million into this program to stay home during the Holidays.

Phil Bennett, SMU: Mustangs stuck with him, but he has never produced. Into his sixth year, he's 18-45 at the helm. Only a bowl will lasso him to safety, but things aren't looking too good right now.

Charlie Weis, Notre Dame: Although it didn't move much, at least the Irish offense didn't turn the ball over in Hollywood. Still, a losing season would make one wonder why Charlie stuck and Ty got tossed. So far Dame has paid the Weis-man over $3 million for his lone win this year (Is it too late for Karl Dorrell to make this list?). Perhaps a Dame grad came up with MasterCard's "Priceless" campaign.

Sweetwater Red
10-11-2007, 02:16 PM
What about Lloyd "Tressel's whipping boy" Carr?:( :mad:

3afan
10-11-2007, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
What about Lloyd "Tressel's whipping boy" Carr?:( :mad:

he's on the list ... click the link

UM is just not interesting to me :p

Panther One
10-11-2007, 02:45 PM
Here's a good list...

http://www.coacheshotseat.com/OddsofBeingFired.htm

Old Tiger
10-11-2007, 02:46 PM
Ags are settin fran up for a good ol fashin firing

crzyjournalist03
10-11-2007, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Ags are settin fran up for a good ol fashin firing

the crazy thing is, he could end up winning the Big XII, get a BCS berth, and still get fired...too much perimeter stuff going on for him right now...

sahen
10-11-2007, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
http://www.collegesportsreport.com

some interesting ones:

Guy Morriss, Baylor: Bears are beyond putrid on defense, and have lost punch on offense. At 18-34 in his fifth year, things are ugly. BU keeps getting worse each week with tougher competition approaching.

the defense isnt putrid, the offense is absolutely horrendous which makes a decent defense appear putrid about midway through the 3rd quarter (Baylor is dead last in the country in time of posession)....if Morriss gets fired (he probably will) it will be because he decided to change offenses at the beginning of the 4th season and not his 1st without a quarterback that could run the offense after Bell graduated....that offense is absolutely killing baylor, they cant get a first down against a decent team...

JJ7997
10-11-2007, 09:10 PM
I'm sorry man, I really wish the Bears could beat PPU and the Stumblin' Steers.

sahen
10-11-2007, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by JJ7997
I'm sorry man, I really wish the Bears could beat PPU and the Stumblin' Steers.

we couldnt beat "bye" if they were on our schedule this year.....thanks to the schedule makers they cant humiliate us this year....

burnet44
10-11-2007, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by sahen
we couldnt beat "bye" if they were on our schedule this year.....thanks to the schedule makers they cant humiliate us this year....

maybe the bears could beat Open
I agree the O is the mistake that will probably get Morris
I have to believe he knows better
Its the going thing
but baylor aint got the guys to run it
he has too many Leech disciples around him
He has got to know better
sadly I guess not

Cameron Crazy
10-11-2007, 11:05 PM
He should have not been so stupid when It came to his players.

By the way his website is GONE!