PDA

View Full Version : Texasfootball2

RedWhiteBlue
10-11-2007, 02:02 PM
I have a funny for you......
My son plays on the 8th grade A team......
They played here last week and we have 2 kids on our team- 1) Payden Giebler 2) Bryan (nickname, Butch) Sides. Coach yells, "Hey, Gieb and Butch get out there!" and one of your players asks my son, "Did he just call them Gieb and Butch?" and my son answers, "Yep" and the kid said, "Dang, ya'll are a bunch of hicks." My son thought that it was so hilarious. I did, too and thought you would appreciate it.

Texasfootball2
10-11-2007, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue
I have a funny for you......
My son plays on the 8th grade A team......
They played here last week and we have 2 kids on our team- 1) Payden Giebler 2) Bryan (nickname, Butch) Sides. Coach yells, "Hey, Gieb and Butch get out there!" and one of your players asks my son, "Did he just call them Gieb and Butch?" and my son answers, "Yep" and the kid said, "Dang, ya'll are a bunch of hicks." My son thought that it was so hilarious. I did, too and thought you would appreciate it.

Just now read this, went to my third graders program. That's pretty funny. I use to coach and if I wrote a book about all the things that I heard I would be a millionair. Especially the younger kids. They are the funniest group. There is nothing funnier than being around a bunch of 7th graders when they put their pads on for the first time a go to practice. Most of them aren't even dressed properly.

RedWhiteBlue
10-11-2007, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
Just now read this, went to my third graders program. That's pretty funny. I use to coach and if I wrote a book about all the things that I heard I would be a millionair. Especially the younger kids. They are the funniest group. There is nothing funnier than being around a bunch of 7th graders when they put their pads on for the first time a go to practice. Most of them aren't even dressed properly.
Or watching them try to figure out where all the pads go. I will never forget Tyler's first game day last year. He had the game day out fit on to go to school- the starched khakis, white shirt, tie and left all his equipment in the house- it was hilarious.
But being from that area- we just thought it was so funny that they thought of Graham as being hicks!!! I wanted to say, "Gah, it's not like we are from Snyder or something!!!"

Texasfootball2
10-11-2007, 03:24 PM
Or watching them try to figure out where all the pads go. I will never forget Tyler's first game day last year. He had the game day out fit on to go to school- the starched khakis, white shirt, tie and left all his equipment in the house- it was hilarious.
But being from that area- we just thought it was so funny that they thought of Graham as being hicks!!! I wanted to say, "Gah, it's not like we are from Snyder or something!!!"

I'm sure we have some snot nose brats that probably think their uptown city-folk and that Graham is rural america, but "Gah", at least were not from Snyder, ya know!

LOL, just thought it was funny Tiger fans, don't get all ticked off and retaliate.

RedWhiteBlue
10-11-2007, 03:25 PM
I'm sure we have some snot nose brats that probably think their uptown city-folk and that Graham is rural america, but "Gah", at least were not from Snyder, ya know!

LOL, just thought it was funny Tiger fans, don't get all ticked off and retaliate.
Give me a break!!! This is the first town I ever lived in with a Wal-mart!!!

Texasfootball2
10-11-2007, 03:27 PM
Give me a break!!! This is the first town I ever lived in with a Wal-mart!!!

But is it a SUPER Walmart???

RedWhiteBlue
10-11-2007, 03:32 PM
But is it a SUPER Walmart???
Sure is!!!!!

Texasfootball2
10-11-2007, 03:34 PM
Sure is!!!!!

That means they sell plenty of POPCORN!

Get-er-done ( talk about a hick statement ), and believe me I know all about being a hick

necks_c/09
10-11-2007, 03:35 PM
Speaking of funny little kids...

I go to the Elem. for PALS......(peer assistance kinda program)

anyway..... there was this little girl named Gentry Ringgold(sp.)

She was the funniest lil girl i ever met (kindergarten)

After some minor talk, this is how the conversation went....

Me: " so Gentry tell me about your family"

Her: "Well, they're all named Ringgold. Were all family and all of us were born in Texas. Its not like theyre chinese or something, were all American."

***i almost busted out laughing when i heard this, i just found it to be comletely hilarious.

Mind you this is a 5yr old telling me this, anyway shes a great lil kid and thats the most fun i ever had hanging out with kindergarteners.

There were some real characters in that class.

Ranger Mom
10-11-2007, 03:40 PM

I know my name wasn't on this thread...but as usual, I gotta add my 2 cents worth!!:D

There are posts on the old coach that I just hate but the one's where they talk about this kind of stuff are absolutely hilarious!!!

Texasfootball2
10-11-2007, 03:42 PM
Kids, You gotta love'em

RedWhiteBlue
10-11-2007, 04:09 PM
Kids, You gotta love'em
That is for sure. And I thought baby stage was awesome and then I thought 5 to 10 was great, but I am loving my teenager. Some days, I will admit- I could hurt him, but I am really enjoying him most of the time.....