PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Quotes: Cuero/Palacios Game

Corn Cob
10-11-2007, 01:56 PM
Here's a couple of interesting quotes from the Palacios Beacon Newspaper, regarding the upcoming Cuero vs. Palacios game.

"Cuero players have been quoted as saying. “Playing a tough pre-district schedule helps prepare us for the playoffs.” They, apparently, skip over having to play district to make the playoffs."

"Shark coach Mike Treybig, not ruffling any feathers, says the Gobblers, “Are who we think they are. We are fortunate to have the opportunity to play on the same field with them.”

I'm not real sure what the Treybig quote meant. Is he being sarcastic or showing respect to the Gobblers? I'm not from either one of these towns, but I thought it was interesting. What do you Gobbler and Shark fans think?

44INAROW
10-11-2007, 02:15 PM
As usual, I am not making any predictions on the outcome of the game -but I obviously hope Cuero comes out on top. The Palacios folks (or coach or whoever) can interpret the quotes however they want to. I don't see anything wrong with what was said - I think every team practices with the hopes to make the play-offs - Isn't that the point?

Old Tiger
10-11-2007, 02:19 PM
I'll go with the Sharks for the upset

Big Papa
10-11-2007, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
As usual, I am not making any predictions on the outcome of the game -but I obviously hope Cuero comes out on top. The Palacios folks (or coach or whoever) can interpret the quotes however they want to. I don't see anything wrong with what was said - I think every team practices with the hopes to make the play-offs - Isn't that the point?

of course that is point...but by saying the pre-district gets you ready for the playoffs it kinda comes off that your not even worried about if your gonna make the playoffs or have trouble getting through district

44INAROW
10-11-2007, 02:29 PM
I am not going to try and explain this any further - anything I say will be mis-construed as arrogance (which is far from the truth) so it's best I just leave this one alone - but those people familiar with our district (in the past years) understand the comments.

Corn Cob
10-11-2007, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW

I'll make a prediction 44INAROW. Gobblers in a blowout! I don't know how you can be proud of beating Boling 56-0! I thought the sports editor was using the quotes in poor taste and the one quote by the players was taken out of context. I'm not from either of these towns, but I am familiar with High School Football and that part of the State. Palacios may be improved, but they are still Palacios!

Old Green
10-11-2007, 03:33 PM
I work with several guys out of Palacios. They're just hoping to score 2 tds.:helpme:

Antec
10-11-2007, 04:06 PM
Im sure hes showing respect

I've known Mike since he was an assistant coach at Stafford in the mid 1980s

Hes a class guy

IHStangFan
10-11-2007, 04:11 PM
Gobblers: 41
Sharks: 28

29-3aFAN
10-12-2007, 12:13 AM
Cuero 60