PDA

View Full Version : Frisco Wakeland

BobcatBenny
10-11-2007, 12:27 PM
Since last Friday night, I have been pondering Frisco Wakeland's performance.

Here is what I think. This is opinion and I will be excited for them if they can bounce back and beat Prosper, but I do not think they will.

I think their season was prior to the second game of district play. Now they are fodder for all except maybe Bohnam.

The Princeton matchup might allow them to stretch for 3 district wins, but even though Princeton has yet to win a game, I think Princeton will give Wakeland a hard time in Frisco.

That is my humble opinion.

block&tackle
10-11-2007, 12:45 PM
If you think about it they were decent on D. They couldn't stop Celina from running it down their throat but nobody else in the district will have the line to do what we did (except PP but they won't try). They stopped Celina from having any long runs - they have good speed. They just can't handle a physical team - but they won't have to face another.

Offensively, who knows? That O was totally inept against Celina's D. But so was Madison's last year and they were 11-0 coming into that game. Wakeland did put up 40+ on a decent Argyle.

I think that unless they were totally demoralized by Friday night, they will bounce back. Here is my prediction for 9-3A:

1. Celina 7-0
2. Pilot Point 6-1
3. Prosper 4-3 lost to Wb
Wakeland 4-3 lose to Prosper in a wild one
Whitesboro 4-3 lose to Wakeland

If that happens I say that Prosper wins the tie breaker since they only lost to Whitesboro by 3. I will be pulling for Whitesboro.

BobcatBenny
10-11-2007, 12:58 PM
I'm pulling for Whitesboro also.

I know it is usually nice to have a meaningless week for the last game of disctrict, but wouldn't it be great if Whitesboro can pull off the near impossible and come into the Celina game undefeated?

Think of the insanity that will ensue.

Your points about Wakeland are interesting. I hope you are correct, but I think Prosper hands them their hats.

turbostud
10-11-2007, 02:31 PM
It would be great if Whitesboro can make the playoffs. My nephew is a senior on that team and my brother says they are very excited with the possibility of WHS making the playoffs for the first time ever.

Dogman_1969
10-11-2007, 02:48 PM
Is Big Nix's son still the QB at Prosper? I met him at a football camp a couple of yrs ago. He's alot of fun to be around.

block&tackle
10-11-2007, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Dogman_1969
Is Big Nix's son still the QB at Prosper? I met him at a football camp a couple of yrs ago. He's alot of fun to be around.
yes

BILLYFRED0000
10-11-2007, 10:09 PM
Well I just don't know about Wakeland. We handed them their hats with swift efficiency. Their D was pretty good. If they get mad instead of demoralized they still have a chance. I will know more when we play Pilot Point. Their team is the one I am curious about. I watched the JV's and they had not scored on the two jv games I peeked on( had pee wee practice goin on).
If that is the measure of them then Whitesboro and Wakeland have a chance.

CelinaCatFan
10-11-2007, 10:49 PM
I think that Wakeland will still finish 2nd in the district. After last Friday's game, I think the Wolverines will take it out on Prosper this week.

I too am pulling for Whitesboro to earn their first playoff appearance and finish 3rd in the distict. If this happens and things turn out like I think they will, PP and Prosper could be left out when the playoffs start.

We'll certainly know more after this Friday with PP vs Celina and FW vs Prosper.

BILLYFRED0000
10-11-2007, 11:34 PM
That's about it. Both JV games I saw tonight were a bunch to nothin. One I understand was the frosh. Apparently they have 10 sophmores on Varsity so they had to move their best Freshman to JV and that left the rest for the freshman team. But the JV was gettin whupped too.

Bobcat_Mom
10-12-2007, 06:30 AM
Celina's top JV team scored 23 - 0 in the first quarter, by the 2nd quarter they had 3rd string guys in which continued the entire game. The final score was like 50 - 0.

BobcatBenny
10-12-2007, 12:29 PM
Of course this is more hopeful than anything, but this is how I think it plays out in 3A district 9

1. Celina
2. Whitesboro
3. Prosper