PDA

View Full Version : Sparkle

luvhoops34
10-11-2007, 10:51 AM
I have to do one of the hardest things a pet owner can do, and that is put my best friend to sleep. She is 28 years old and has been through most of the important things that have happened to me in my life.

My first husband bought her for me when she was 4 months old. I broke her and trained her myself and got many years of enjoyment from her. I gave her to my daughter to rodeo on and she won a ton of trophies, belt buckles and $$$ on her running barrels, poles and goat tying.

I finally got up enough courage to call my vet this morning. He is also a close friend and helped us with an old stud horse we had, even crying with my husband when they put him to sleep.

I know it's the right thing to do, but it sure is hard. I just don't want her to suffer anymore. She's a grand old lady, and she's been the most consistent thing in my adult life. I've cried many tears with my arms wrapped around her neck and my face buried in her flaxen mane.

When we were home for Christmas. I got to put my granddaughter on her back. Kayleigh loved it, just like me and my daughter. :)

CenTexSports
10-11-2007, 11:34 AM
Taking a line from that great TV show of the past ( Mr Ed) -

"A horse is a horse ......."

44INAROW
10-11-2007, 11:38 AM
I feel your pain Luvhoops - losing a pet is devastating but like you said, you know it's the right thing to do. Put her picture as the background on your laptop and smile everytime you see her :) :(

DaHop72
10-11-2007, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
Taking a line from that great TV show of the past ( Mr Ed) -

"A horse is a horse ......." :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Nice post, way to be sensitive.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

AP Panther Fan
10-11-2007, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I feel your pain Luvhoops - losing a pet is devastating but like you said, you know it's the right thing to do. Put her picture as the background on your laptop and smile everytime you see her :) :(

good idea Lorey....

luvhoops34
10-11-2007, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW

I have her on my myspace page. And I have a really nice picture of her that was taken when she was a two year old. Thanks.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-11-2007, 01:22 PM
I'm sorry for your loss. It's amazing how much of an impact an animal can have on your life. That's the one thing that I hate about college, not being able to have a pet of my own. My roommate had one at the house I was living in during the summer and I really enjoyed the companionship.

BobcatBenny
10-11-2007, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
I'm sorry for your loss. It's amazing how much of an impact an animal can have on your life. That's the one thing that I hate about college, not being able to have a pet of my own. My roommate had one at the house I was living in during the summer and I really enjoyed the companionship.
I don't care if you are and Aggie. You are allright!

28 years is a long time.

Ranger Mom
10-11-2007, 01:38 PM
I'm sorry to hear that Carole! I feel your pain, in the past year, I have lost a kitten (wasn't TOO attached yet) and 2 dogs that I had for a combined total of 16 years.

I think the hardest part about losing the last dog was watching his "friend" who had been in the yard with him all his life grieve.

They may have fought like brothers on a daily basis, but they were best friends.

When my husband loaded Zeb (the dog who died) up in the trailer behind his lawn mower to bury him...Bandit (his buddy) jumped in the trailer with him!! That was SO sad!!

A month later and Bandit is finally realizing...HE is top dog for the first time in his life!!:D :D

luvhoops34
10-11-2007, 02:13 PM
My poor ol' Chub girl just can't make anymore. She's had a good life and hasn't had to do much the last eight years, except be a horse. She has a buddy with her that she raised from a foal. We weaned all the foals with her because she would take care of them and not be mean to them. He will be so lost. I may have to move him to a friends house. :(

AP Panther Fan
10-11-2007, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
I may have to move him to a friends house. :(

:(

Raelene owes you big time doesn't she....:thinking:

Old Tiger
10-11-2007, 02:23 PM
Just buy another one

luvhoops34
10-11-2007, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Just buy another one

Thanks for showing everybody on the board just how classless you really are....:rolleyes:

Old Tiger
10-11-2007, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
Thanks for showing everybody on the board just how classless you really are....:rolleyes: Sorry lady I'm from the horse business and only see them from that stand point.

luvhoops34
10-11-2007, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
:(

Raelene owes you big time doesn't she....:thinking:

Raelene has way too many horses at her place. I think he'll be better off where he is with my neighbors feeding and checking on him.

Sweetwater Red
10-11-2007, 03:30 PM
Sorry lady I'm from the horse business and only see them from that stand point.

That doesn't mean you have to post it when you know you are
going to intentionally and maliciously hurt some ones feelings.

Would the subject of your signature condone this behavior?
Don't answer that I already know.

Ranger Mom
10-11-2007, 03:35 PM
Sorry lady I'm from the horse business and only see them from that stand point.

Horse or jackass??:thinking: :thinking:

crzyjournalist03
10-11-2007, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Horse or jackass??:thinking: :thinking:

As with all former Rommies, true colors eventually shine again...:rolleyes: :dispntd: :rolleyes: