PDA

View Full Version : Ingleside strikes back....

AP Panther Fan
10-11-2007, 08:51 AM
Well, the antics continue as would be expected. Ingleside got revenge on the Welcome to Aransas Pass sign between the two towns.

I am posting the article, but what it doesn't tell you is that the National Honor Societies from both schools along with the AP Color Guard went out together and worked on the clean-up of both locations.

:)

Rivalry to erupt in AP-Ingleside face off

Oct 11, 2007 01:17 AM
Rivalry to erupt in AP-Ingleside face

CORPUS CHRISTI - This week's 6 Sports Showdown pits a very hot Ingleside team against a cold Aransas Pass bunch. But after vandalism found its way to both team's homes, the temperature of the matchup is rising. Both sides are trying their best to play it cool.

It's one of those good old fashioned back yard brawls - the kind where it's friend versus friend, neighbor versus neighbor.

"The last thing I told them last Friday, was no matter what happens in the communities, we don't let that bother us, and it really hasn't," Aransas Pass Head Coach P.J. Larsen said.

And that's the Panthers take on the situation now, but this past weekend, that song had a whole different tune.

"Revenge on the field, we're gonna be beat 'em bad," Devon Long, Ingleside cornerback, said. "I'm gonna hit them pretty hard."

That of course came after finding clusters of APs all over Ingleside's stadium.

"They got kinda mad about that, but it happens every year," Marcus Rocke, Aransas Pass running back, said, "and maybe this time it's on our end."

Ingleside running back, Green Hill, said it's a big game, a big rivalry.

"They vandalized our field, but we're not thinking about that," Hill said. "We're just gonna go out and handle business."

But both sides have suffered from the spray can, as graffiti last night found its way to the Aransas Pass side.

"We're gonna settle it out here on the field, and the better team's gonna win," Jarrod Newman, AP quarterback, said, noting that his team is the better of the two.

The graffiti that was once there is no longer evident, thanks to several coats of paint, but a lot of times it's what can't be seen at all that scares the most.

Online Reporter: Tyler Garrett

IHStangFan
10-11-2007, 09:16 AM
$100 says the football players had nothing to do w/ it. It was the band or the cheerleaders. Or that's how it usually goes anyway. Remember back several years ago now...when AP's game was going to be on the public access channel when they were doing that...and someone bleached AP Sucks Mustangs Rule all over the football field.....yup..it was the band according to my sister who was up there in HS at the time. so again Rita...BLAME THE BAND!!! :D

AP Panther Fan
10-11-2007, 09:33 AM
Not sure who the culprits are, but I have noticed that it is worse on years that we have a transfer student i.e. Randy Webb and Green Hill.

Funny, but when we got the softball pitcher from Ingleside, none of this occured. Wonder why that is Phil C?:D

IHStangFan
10-11-2007, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Not sure who the culprits are, but I have noticed that it is worse on years that we have a transfer student i.e. Randy Webb and Green Hill.

Funny, but when we got the softball pitcher from Ingleside, none of this occured. Wonder why that is Phil C?:D uh! don't encourage him!! :D

Phil C
10-11-2007, 09:56 AM

Funny, but when we got the softball pitcher from Ingleside, none of this occured. Wonder why that is Phil C?:D

A good question. Especially since she could have been coached by Riflearm!

pirate4state
10-11-2007, 10:02 AM

Funny, but when we got the softball pitcher from Ingleside, none of this occured. Wonder why that is Phil C?:D HAHA you had to go and bring up softball!!! :doh: Let's face it, AP is just better than Ingleside in softball. :p

IHStang - darn that tuba player! :mad: :D

scott Wilson
10-11-2007, 03:06 PM
It may have been the janitorial staff at each shcool. you know they can be pretty nasty when it comes to who`s school cafeteria is cleanest.

AP Panther Fan
10-11-2007, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by scott Wilson
It may have been the janitorial staff at each shcool. you know they can be pretty nasty when it comes to who`s school cafeteria is cleanest.

hahaha....or those bus drivers...we all know they are absolutely hell on wheels. :D