PDA

View Full Version : Stuart Scott's Poetry Jam on Sportscenter

JR2004
10-11-2007, 08:35 AM
I thought maybe I was just seeing things last night when I saw him doing highlights while pretending to be some really, really bad poet.

I guess I was wrong because I just saw it again.

That man has almost singlehandedly ruined Sportscenter. I remember now why I quit watching it when he's on. All they needed last night was Screamin' A. to complete the axis of awful with Stu and Skip Bayless who was on there too.

crzyjournalist03
10-11-2007, 11:31 AM
lol...I thought it was funny, because I thought he was attempting to be bad...I actually really enjoy Stuart Scott.

Stownhorse
10-11-2007, 11:37 AM
You cant be serious? You can just be a zombie watching highlights, you got to laugh.....I love the guy, he come out with hilarious quotes that are somewhat relevent to the highlight...you must have no humor

Old Tiger
10-11-2007, 11:41 AM
I like Stu...

I can't stand...Merrill Hodge, Skip Bayless, or Tony Kornheiser.

Maroon87
10-11-2007, 01:10 PM
I'm not a Stu fan. In my opinion he's symptomatic of what ESPN has become, more interested in becoming the story than reporting the story.

Highschoolfan78
10-11-2007, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
I like Stu...

I can't stand...Merrill Hodge, Skip Bayless, or Tony Kornheiser.

forgot to add quite frankly himself.. steven A.

crzyjournalist03
10-11-2007, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
I'm not a Stu fan. In my opinion he's symptomatic of what ESPN has become, more interested in becoming the story than reporting the story.

Sportscenter is made to be entertaining...if you want just stories, that's what ESPNEWS is for.

Old Tiger
10-11-2007, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Highschoolfan78
forgot to add quite frankly himself.. steven A. You're right but I don't include him cause is he even on ESPN anymore?

JR2004
10-11-2007, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Sportscenter is made to be entertaining...if you want just stories, that's what ESPNEWS is for.

I can tell how long you've been watching it.

crzyjournalist03
10-11-2007, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
I can tell how long you've been watching it.

What? I've been watching it for years.

I worked for the company, and that's their take on it...I'm not just shooting off the cuff...

JR2004
10-11-2007, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
You cant be serious? You can just be a zombie watching highlights, you got to laugh.....I love the guy, he come out with hilarious quotes that are somewhat relevent to the highlight...you must have no humor

To the contrary I have a pretty good sense of humor (I'm a Redskin and Laker fan. If you don't have a sense of humor following those two you're very likely to end up shooting yourself.) and still I find nothing funny about Stu and his outdated bits. Nothing about that man is funny anymore. The man acts like he's from the hood when he's not.

It was funny the first time he said Pookie, Ray Ray and Nuk Nuk on the show. It's not funny anymore and neither is his "cool as the other side of the pillow" catch phrase that he stole from another sportscaster. I guess I just appreciate guys like Fred Hickman who can entertain me with the highlights without acting like a completely fraudulent fool.

If I want to see people acting retarded while doing sports highlights who aren't funny, I'll flip to FSN to catch Rick Renner and that beehive hairdo on top of his head.

JR2004
10-11-2007, 01:28 PM
I worked for the company

Makes sense...

pirate4state
10-11-2007, 01:31 PM
To the contrary I have a pretty good sense of humor (I'm a Redskin and Laker fan. If you don't have a sense of humor following those two you're very likely to end up shooting yourself.) and still I find nothing funny about Stu and his outdated bits. Nothing about that man is funny anymore. The man acts like he's from the hood when he's not.

It was funny the first time he said Pookie, Ray Ray and Nuk Nuk on the show. It's not funny anymore and neither is his "cool as the other side of the pillow" catch phrase that he stole from another sportscaster. I guess I just appreciate guys like Fred Hickman who can entertain me with the highlights without acting like a completely fraudulent fool.

If I want to see people acting retarded while doing sports highlights who aren't funny, I'll flip to FSN to catch Rick Renner and that beehive hairdo on top of his head.

A Laker & a Redskin fan???? :doh: :doh: Say it isn't so!! :D

I was watching last night when he did that and I believe I asked BBDE "What the hell is Stuart Scott doing??" :nerd: It was awful. It was so bad, I switched channels. I like him most of the time, but that was just bad. LOL

To each his own.

And :clap: at your last paragraph --- too funny, even if you are a 'Skins fan! :p :p :p

JR2004
10-11-2007, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
And :clap: at your last paragraph --- too funny, even if you are a 'Skins fan! :p :p :p

Well as a kid there was two teams I liked. One was Washington. I saw Doug Williams win that Super Bowl as a kid and I was just hooked after that. I also liked the Oilers so I did like one of the Texas teams. Still followed them in Tennessee, but it just never has been the same. :(

PS Make your way north this weekend to support KA!

JR2004
10-11-2007, 01:35 PM

pirate4state
10-11-2007, 01:39 PM
PS Make your way north this weekend to support KA!

:( I wish I could. No can do. Will there be a radio broadcast?

crzyjournalist03
10-11-2007, 01:40 PM
Makes sense...

what do you mean by that? :confused:

Fotbol
10-11-2007, 02:35 PM
Stu is very kool....Raise the roof!
Holla @ a playa when you C him N tha Street
Plus his last name is Scott, can't lose with that last Name;)

Big Papa
10-11-2007, 02:41 PM
Nothing about that man is funny anymore. The man acts like he's from the hood when he's not.

i think that is sposed to be the part that is funny...cuz you almost know for a certain hes not (idk where he lives or grew up)....but it doesnt really matter...if you wanna take it too seriously i dont know if sportscenter needs you to view to stay a float:D :D

Maroon87
10-11-2007, 02:50 PM
if you want just stories, that's what ESPNEWS is for.

That's mostly what I watch.

turbostud
10-11-2007, 03:03 PM
Kind of like MTV/MTV2.

crzyjournalist03
10-11-2007, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
Kind of like MTV/MTV2.

lol...I honestly wouldn't know because I never watch MTV2...and now there's an MHD which is supposedly the best of all the MTV stations in HD...

JR2004
10-11-2007, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Big Papa
i think that is sposed to be the part that is funny...cuz you almost know for a certain hes not (idk where he lives or grew up)....but it doesnt really matter...if you wanna take it too seriously i dont know if sportscenter needs you to view to stay a float:D :D

lol @ the take it seriously comment and it isn't hard to figure out where he came from since he's given interviews that tell exactly where he came from and it sure ain't the hood.

They turned it into MTV which is fine, but don't advertise it as Sportscenter anymore if you're going to fill an hour with mostly useless garbage that has little to do with sports. SPORTSCENTER is SUPPOSED to be about sports. I realize some folks tuning in have the attention span of a gnat, but there are those who can actually handle seeing highlights and some punchlines that actually make sense that aren't repeated a million times. I know that's a novel concept, but that's what it's supposed to be and was before the parade of clowns they've had come through in management who allowed guys like that on the air.

Too many anchors on there want to be a part of the story or help to create one instead of reporting on them. Case in point was creating that ridiculous "Best of All-Time" segment about USC a month before they even played Texas for the title.

JR2004
10-11-2007, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:( I wish I could. No can do. Will there be a radio broadcast?

Not certain on a radio broadcast...I believe there was a link around here somewhere for the station DISD does use when they broadcast a game. I know that the game will be replayed several times on TV next week on the Metro Sports channel 185 (Unless they've changed it the Adamson-Kimball game is scheduled to be on there.) on Time Warner though. Won't do you any good down there, but it's cool that they'll get to be on TV here. :)

Stownhorse
10-11-2007, 07:08 PM
lol @ the take it seriously comment and it isn't hard to figure out where he came from since he's given interviews that tell exactly where he came from and it sure ain't the hood.

They turned it into MTV which is fine, but don't advertise it as Sportscenter anymore if you're going to fill an hour with mostly useless garbage that has little to do with sports. SPORTSCENTER is SUPPOSED to be about sports. I realize some folks tuning in have the attention span of a gnat, but there are those who can actually handle seeing highlights and some punchlines that actually make sense that aren't repeated a million times. I know that's a novel concept, but that's what it's supposed to be and was before the parade of clowns they've had come through in management who allowed guys like that on the air.

Too many anchors on there want to be a part of the story or help to create one instead of reporting on them. Case in point was creating that ridiculous "Best of All-Time" segment about USC a month before they even played Texas for the title.

You act like its a soap opera....every time i turn it to ESPN I see something to do about sports.

JR2004
10-11-2007, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
You act like its a soap opera....every time i turn it to ESPN I see something to do about sports.

lol...

Maroon87
10-11-2007, 09:58 PM
I just can't wait until next summer. What could they possibly come up with to top "Who's Now?"

JR2004
10-11-2007, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
I just can't wait until next summer. What could they possibly come up with to top "Who's Now?"

"Who's New?" possibly?

GoStafford
10-11-2007, 10:19 PM
He did this about a year ago