10-10-2007, 09:08 PM
How many points will Columbia win by?

*cough*

Um, I mean, who will win...

NHSBulldog75
10-10-2007, 09:11 PM

tigerpride_08
10-10-2007, 09:14 PM
we've had a good week for practice and i'm looking forward to play against the roughnecks...i have a feeling our D will be tough...and the offense is coming together also...

fireman1
10-10-2007, 10:26 PM
if things start clicking with Wharton then I think they will win but if they play how they played the start of the year then WC may win but I say Wharton by 6

IHStangFan
10-10-2007, 10:42 PM
Columbia...and it won't even be close.

WC 35
Wharton 6

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-11-2007, 07:04 AM
Saw Wharton play this year, looked very weak in all areas of the game. West Columbia wins big 56 -12.

tigerpride_08
10-11-2007, 07:35 AM
i guess we're going to be the underdog point...in the newspaper it said we are picked to lose by 19...we'll just have to see how it plays out...

themsu97
10-11-2007, 08:40 AM
right now it would make sense that Wharton would be the underdog... winless and haven't looked that great... now we all know that Wharton has the capability to turn it on at any point... but this week has to be the week because being 0-3 in district is a very BIG HOLE to get out of... Columbia in a squeaker...

necks_c/09
10-11-2007, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by themsu97
right now it would make sense that Wharton would be the underdog... winless and haven't looked that great... now we all know that Wharton has the capability to turn it on at any point... but this week has to be the week because being 0-3 in district is a very BIG HOLE to get out of... Columbia in a squeaker... Wharton is not winless and is 1-1 in district if im not mistaken.......

They beat Royal huh?

and i like the 56-12 prediction but if we couldnt put 56 on stafford we aint puttin 56 on wharton.

I'll say WC 27-7

pirate4state
10-11-2007, 03:23 PM
wharton with the upset :devil:

necks_c/09
10-11-2007, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
wharton with the upset :devil: just trying to stir the pot......lol

pirate4state
10-11-2007, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by necks_c/09
just trying to stir the pot......lol
me? Never - i'll leave that to you guys! :thumbsup:

necks_c/09
10-11-2007, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
me? Never - i'll leave that to you guys! :thumbsup: haha, was there any "sarcasm included" in that comment?

tigerpride_08
10-11-2007, 05:26 PM
we know what to expect and our D-line is pretty good...me and my linebacking crew did pretty well at practice too...so yea i figure this to be a defensive battle too...

necks_c/09
10-11-2007, 05:30 PM
I'm thinking that our Offense is better than you think 08, and

Yall's O was anemic, starting to come around but From what i've heard

Not so great O versus pretty good D makes 4 a long night 4 wharton.....just mho

tigerpride_08
10-11-2007, 05:33 PM
I'm thinking that our Offense is better than you think 08, and

Yall's O was anemic, starting to come around but From what i've heard

Not so great O versus pretty good D makes 4 a long night 4 wharton.....just mho

i do admit our offense isn't our strong point...but turning it over like they always do takes alot out of us defensive players...last 2 games they've(offense) have done a good job keeping us defensive players on the sideline longer...and from what i've seen of ya'll on film, we are both grind the clock teams...last possession could decide it maybe...

necks_c/09
10-11-2007, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by tigerpride_08
i do admit our offense isn't our strong point...but turning it over like they always do takes alot out of us defensive players...last 2 games they've(offense) have done a good job keeping us defensive players on the sideline longer...and from what i've seen of ya'll on film, we are both grind the clock teams...last possession could decide it maybe... Columbia has come along way.....

Ill tell u some things....

We do run the ball, but we run well and break big runs a couple times every game....

Special Teams and The turnover aspect of the game are MUCH IMPROVED, bigups to the coaches and players for the execution.....

I still think that are D will totally dominate wharton upfront, and dont underestimate our passing game....

Raley makes some bad decisions and tries to force some throws, but all young qbs do that and he is much improved as well and does many things well... He can run too..... dont know if he will though

He has a strong arm and throws accurate passes just making the right reads seems to be the biggest thing to work on... that will come with time.....

But he has made some great throws and we have good WR's who can get the ball.....

Field position and our D line will determine this game.....(barring multiple TO's on offense)

tigerpride_08
10-11-2007, 05:44 PM
well wear something noticable so i'll be able to point to you after a close game which we'll pull out...;) i'm not doubting WC in no way, but then again we've come along ourselves too...supposely our coach said it's the battle of the #1 and #2 defenses in the district, so yea don't think ya'll will run all through us...and i'll see many of the leads myself since i'm one of the MLB and i'll have to admit imma have to step up myself...

necks_c/09
10-11-2007, 05:47 PM
oh yea, green shirt on the 50......

thats me

but ill be doing the pointing;) at the scoreboard that is

anyway... yea, yall have a good D, fo Sho....

Should be a good one....

what # u wear?

tigerpride_08
10-11-2007, 05:49 PM
oh yea, green shirt on the 50......

thats me

but ill be doing the pointing;) at the scoreboard that is

anyway... yea, yall have a good D, fo Sho....

Should be a good one....

what # u wear?

#33...but yea watch out for #11,#9, #22...those are our hard hittas...i'm looking for some hard hitting...;)

necks_c/09
10-11-2007, 05:51 PM
#33...but yea watch out for #11,#9, #22...those are our hard hittas...i'm looking for some hard hitting...;) Cool, ill be watching....

gives u extra motivation to hit somebody hard now.....

lol

just dont hurt nobody...lol.....including urself:D

tigerpride_08
10-11-2007, 05:56 PM
Cool, ill be watching....

gives u extra motivation to hit somebody hard now.....

lol

just dont hurt nobody...lol.....including urself:D

well considering i've had 3 concussions i try to stay away from leading with my head into a big collision so yea...i let those other players do the hit sticks...:D

necks_c/09
10-11-2007, 05:57 PM
well considering i've had 3 concussions i try to stay away from leading with my head into a big collision so yea...i let those other players do the hit sticks...:D Pull a Trent Green;)

I'm goin to hell 4 that one....lol

tigerpride_08
10-11-2007, 06:05 PM
Pull a Trent Green;)

I'm goin to hell 4 that one....lol

naw...i'm trying to make it through the season...:D ...well i'm off to the JV game to get an ideal of what to expect tomorrow night...

necks_c/09
10-11-2007, 06:11 PM
naw...i'm trying to make it through the season...:D ...well i'm off to the JV game to get an ideal of what to expect tomorrow night... Our JV team is NOTHING like our V squad

JV team is not very good at all

tigerpride_08
10-11-2007, 08:44 PM
Our JV team is NOTHING like our V squad

JV team is not very good at all

Wharton JV vs. Columbia won 44-6
Freshman game ended in 26-26 tie

necks_c/09
10-11-2007, 08:47 PM
Wharton JV vs. Columbia won 44-6
Freshman game ended in 26-26 tie Told u.....

theyre not good

All the people who are any good at all are on varsity

with the exception of just a few players

pancho villa
10-11-2007, 11:04 PM
Told u.....

theyre not good

All the people who are any good at all are on varsity

with the exception of just a few players

When you don't play football try not to talk about the kids who do play. Maybe Mr.neck 09 you need to come out and try your hand against the JV kids.

fireman1
10-11-2007, 11:14 PM
wish i could be there and watch but I will be in New Braunfels partying *cough* training it up haha... Wharton's D is the stronger out of the two (thats Wharton's O and D) but yea their O has been doin alot better with the turnovers and giving the D alittle rest... and to me it seems like Wharton plays better as the underdog so I wont be supprised if Wharton pulls this one off or if its a close game

gobbler grad
10-12-2007, 07:20 AM
Roughnecks win big against Wharton...:clap: :clap:

themsu97
10-12-2007, 07:30 AM
the neck coaching staff, led by Pancho, eat so much that the field tilts to the Columbia side which is not understood by the Tigers and they are disoriented for at least a half... then sensing a Tger comeback... Panch lets loose of some obnoxious flatulence leaving the tigers distraught and nauseated which lead the Necks to a victory in which they can eat more food afterwards...

gobbler grad
10-12-2007, 10:39 PM
Columbia wins 38-7 over Wharton...:)

scrub c
10-13-2007, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by themsu97
the neck coaching staff, led by Pancho, eat so much that the field tilts to the Columbia side which is not understood by the Tigers and they are disoriented for at least a half... then sensing a Tger comeback... Panch lets loose of some obnoxious flatulence leaving the tigers distraught and nauseated which lead the Necks to a victory in which they can eat more food afterwards...

classic.......

I'm surprised you have received no response by the large ones...

how did the M-land do this week?

Johnnypaycheck
10-13-2007, 09:17 PM
someone smell pork rinds and tuna?

zebrablue2
10-13-2007, 09:58 PM
wc should win this one, or could this be wharton's coming out game. in this crazy district who can tell.

Johnnypaycheck
10-14-2007, 08:40 AM
wc did win this one.
big one in schoebel land next friday night.
what a crazy district.
Go nex!

necks_c/09
10-14-2007, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
wc should win this one, or could this be wharton's coming out game. in this crazy district who can tell. yea, this game was played on friday...lol

its done....

38-7 Columbia

LH Panther Mom
10-14-2007, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by pancho villa
When you don't play football try not to talk about the kids who do play. Maybe Mr.neck 09 you need to come out and try your hand against the JV kids.
I honestly think this is probably my most favorite thing you've ever said. :)

necks_c/09
10-14-2007, 08:57 AM
straight from The Facts

Columbia undefeated in district

By Joel Luna
The Facts

Published October 13, 2007

WEST COLUMBIA — Three weeks into the 2007 season the Columbia Roughnecks had yet to savor a win. Three weeks into District 24-3A play and they have yet to taste a loss.

Friday night at Griggs Field the ’Necks ran their district mark to 3-0 with a convincing 38-7 win over Wharton.

“It feels awesome,” Columbia Coach Leland Surovik said. “I’d never expected this or to go like this, but I just hope it keeps on going because the kids are loving it, and they are playing hard and doing a great job.”

The win, coupled with Columbus’ loss to Brookshire Royal, 41-13, means Columbia sits atop the district race as they improve to .500 on the year at 3-3.

A gift by the Tigers on the first play of the game started things off on the right foot for the ’Necks. Wharton quarterback Robert Herrera fumbled the ball and Columbia’s Noel Castillo recovered at the Tiger 36-yard line.

From there it took the Roughnecks seven plays as quarterback Gray Raley tossed a 16-yard touchdown pass to Dexter Lewis, who glided out of the backfield and was all alone by the time he made the catch.

The big play on the drive was a fourth and five as Raley found Steven Matthews for a 15-yard gain to keep the drive going.

Leading 6-0, they capitalized again in the second quarter, this time embarking on a 13-play, 84-yard drive as Justin Peredo crossed the goal line with 5:35 on the clock.

A two-point conversion from Raley to Adrian Baldridge gave Columbia a 14-0 lead.

By intermission Columbia added another score. This time they drove the ball 89 yards in 1:53 with Peredo scoring from 22 yards out on a screen from Raley. After the extra point by Carlos Paniagua, the Roughnecks took a 21-0 lead into the locker room.

“We knew they had a lot of speed, and we had to take that away by sustaining drives and fly the football along with mix up our defensive coverages,” Surovik said. “I told the defense all week we had to practice hard and stop their run and make them throw the ball.”

With 5:29 before the half, the Tigers had negative-1 yard on offense. A 31-yard run by Triston Washington was the only positive thing that happened to Wharton in the first half.

Columbia racked up 130 yards in the first half on 24 carries with eight different runners. And even after they lost John Holmes in the first half to a leg injury, the running game eventually accumulated 292 yards on 51 carries as 10 runners toted the ball.

The sophomore quarterback Raley did just as well going 9-for-16, for 178 yards and three touchdown tosses.

“All week we told him to take what they give you, and now he is starting to relax and making the passes and reads like he should,” Surovik said.

Scoring in the second half were Baldridge on a 2-yard run, Tramaine Thompson with a 36 yarder and Paniagua with a 33-yard field goal.

Columbia’s next test will be at Columbus on Friday.

Joel Luna is sports editor of The Facts. Contact him at (979) 237-0160.

themsu97
10-15-2007, 08:43 AM
scrub... things are good here... no more Friday night games until next year... of course, my 2nd sport is baseball... I figured that Panch could not type from all the chicken grease on his fingers...;) :p