PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys and Pats

sweetwater07
10-10-2007, 01:28 PM
Should i bet my friend that the Cowboys are gonna win?

Ranger Mom
10-10-2007, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07

That all depends on what you are betting!

Macarthur
10-10-2007, 01:33 PM
Rooting for the Boys, but if I had to put money down, it would be on the Pats.

sweetwater07
10-10-2007, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
That all depends on what you are betting!

me wants me to bet $50

Ranger Mom
10-10-2007, 01:40 PM
me wants me to bet $50

Me wants me??

Are you betting with yourself??:confused:

Actually...that might be pretty smart...that way you get to keep your money no matter what!!:D

sweetwater07
10-10-2007, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Me wants me??

Are you betting with yourself??:confused:

Actually...that might be pretty smart...that way you get to keep your money no matter what!!:D

thought you were cute just then huh..lol
HE wants me to bet $50

pirate4state
10-10-2007, 01:45 PM
HE wants me to bet $50

You shouldn't gamble -- it's illegal! :p :p

sweetwater07
10-10-2007, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
You shouldn't gamble -- it's illegal! :p :p

i'm questioning whether i wanna bet $50, lol thats a lot for a broke college student like myself

pirate4state
10-10-2007, 01:53 PM
i'm questioning whether i wanna bet $50, lol thats a lot for a broke college student like myself well there is your answer! you are broke - don't do it!

Ranger Mom
10-10-2007, 02:12 PM
HE wants me to bet $50

:( :( I thought it was funny!!:( :(

icu812
10-10-2007, 03:07 PM
both teams are undefeated like celina and wakeland were last week

cowboys=wakeland
patriots=celina

crzyjournalist03
10-10-2007, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by icu812

cowboys=wakeland
patriots=celina

icu812=:crazy1:

sorry, but I don't get into high school comparisons when we're talking about the NFL...

icu812
10-10-2007, 03:29 PM
I just think the pats going to be to much for the cowboys. The top AFC teams are better than the top NFC teams.

crzyjournalist03
10-10-2007, 03:31 PM
I just think the pats going to be to much for the cowboys. The top AFC teams are better than the top NFC teams.

or so everybody says...we'll find out a lot this weekend.

And even if the Boys get blown out, they'll be able to take a lot from this game and learn. You don't have to beat the top AFC teams to win the Super Bowl...you just have to beat one of them!

necks_c/09
10-10-2007, 06:59 PM
Wow, this is def. a homer poll

If Romo plays like that again, they will def lose.

the bills managed 3 points on offense with the assistance of 6 turnovers.

The Pats average like 30+ppg.

Romo better have a career day if they even want to hang with the pats.

Gp83
10-10-2007, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by necks_c/09
Wow, this is def. a homer poll

If Romo plays like that again, they will def lose.

the bills managed 3 points on offense with the assistance of 6 turnovers.

The Pats average like 30+ppg.

Romo better have a career day if they even want to hang with the pats.

You forgot to mention Cowboys avg more and is the #1 offense in the league. Romo had a bad day at work...he'll do fine...but you sound cool bashing the Boys:rolleyes:

lion75
10-10-2007, 07:41 PM
I think the Cowboys are getting 3 or 4 points. Make sure you get your points.

burnet44
10-10-2007, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by lion75
I think the Cowboys are getting 3 or 4 points. Make sure you get your points.

figure 3 for being the home team
line is 4

Take the Pats

is it bashing the boys if you pick against them?

necks_c/09
10-10-2007, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Gp83
You forgot to mention Cowboys avg more and is the #1 offense in the league. Romo had a bad day at work...he'll do fine...but you sound cool bashing the Boys:rolleyes: Where am i bashing? is it b/c i am picking against the boys.....

luvhoops34
10-10-2007, 07:54 PM
I just hope Marion Barber gets me some points for my fantasy team!!

Oh, and I'd like for the boy's to win, too!:D

R4Editor
10-10-2007, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by burnet44
figure 3 for being the home team
line is 4

Take the Pats

is it bashing the boys if you pick against them? is it being a homer poll for picking a unbeaten team with the no.1 offense and playing at home? In the NFL every team will have tough games and the Cowboys had theirs last week looking past a team.

necks_c/09
10-10-2007, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by R4Editor
is it being a homer poll for picking a unbeaten team with the no.1 offense and playing at home? In the NFL every team will have tough games and the Cowboys had theirs last week looking past a team. No its a homer poll b/c the pats have won 3 SB and the cowboys have won how many in the last couple years?

Tom Brady is the best qb in the NFL.... and the pats are the best overall team in the NFL.......

It is a homer poll b/c like 1/2 of the people on the downlow love the boys and it shows in the polls......

luvhoops34
10-10-2007, 08:06 PM
No its a homer poll b/c the pats have won 3 SB and the cowboys have won how many in the last couple years?

Tom Brady is the best qb in the NFL.... and the pats are the best overall team in the NFL.......

It is a homer poll b/c like 1/2 of the people on the downlow love the boys and it shows in the polls......

:thumbsup:

R4Editor
10-10-2007, 08:15 PM
No its a homer poll b/c the pats have won 3 SB and the cowboys have won how many in the last couple years?

It is a homer poll b/c like 1/2 of the people on the downlow love the boys and it shows in the polls...... Colts won the Super Bowl last year and they beat the Patriots and Tom Brady couldnt beat them and i wonder who BEAT the Colts last year :confused: :thinking: ROMO :thumbsup:

PHS Wildcats
10-10-2007, 08:20 PM
Where am i bashing? is it b/c i am picking against the boys.....

That's pretty much the way it is. If you are not a Cowboys fan, then anything you say about them is bashing, that's why I say nothing about them.

JJ7997
10-10-2007, 09:26 PM
Actions speak louder than words.

When was the last time the Cows won a playoff game ?

They might have beat the eventual champs in the regular season but that didnt mean squat. Just like if they somehow beat the Pats this weekend it wont mean squat except to the overzealous fans of theirs who will gloat and brag and have more man-crushes than ever before.

Yes, I cant stand the Cows and no, I dont give a flip if it offends you !!!

Maroon87
10-10-2007, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by JJ7997

They might have beat the eventual champs in the regular season but that didnt mean squat. Just like if they somehow beat the Pats this weekend it wont mean squat except to the overzealous fans of theirs who will gloat and brag and have more man-crushes than ever before.

OK...just don't hurt yourself.

DaHop72
10-10-2007, 09:44 PM

Yes, I cant stand the Cows and no, I dont give a flip if it offends you !!! Wow, can't speak for anyone else but I'm impressed.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

BILLYFRED0000
10-10-2007, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Wow, can't speak for anyone else but I'm impressed.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I just have a hard time believing anybody gets that worked up over a particular team. My kid does but he is 6.

sww-bull52
10-10-2007, 10:30 PM

Sounds like the way most of us feel about our High School teams. Yeah, we're all homers and that's just the way it is!!!

JJ7997
10-10-2007, 10:31 PM
Whos getting worked up ?

I was just putting it out there that I cant stand the Cowboys so I could get the chastizing over with.

IHStangFan
10-10-2007, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
or so everybody says...we'll find out a lot this weekend.

And even if the Boys get blown out, they'll be able to take a lot from this game and learn. You don't have to beat the top AFC teams to win the Super Bowl...you just have to beat one of them! "or so everybody says"?? How bout from 97 to 2007 the AFC has gone 8-3 in the Super Bowl? I'd say that's pretty much domination. It hasn't always been that way...but it is at this point.

NE exposes just how much better the AFC is than the NFC this weekend.

BILLYFRED0000
10-10-2007, 10:43 PM

cowboys=wakeland
patriots=celina

You will never see that much seperation in the Pro's. I doubt if the Pats will hold dallas to -1 yard rushing and 31 yards passing.
In real terms these teams are closer than you think. Dallas has played better defenses overall. Cinci and Cleveland are not that good at defense. Neither are the Jets. The flipside is that the Defense of Dallas has not played anybody very good except Eli when he is on and he was that night. That makes this an interesting matchup. Our O has played teams that traditionally play sound D such as the Bears. It comes down to turnovers but if both teams play solid the Pats should win. But it is not as much of a stretch to see if the Dallas D can raise it's play and make it really tight. Both offenses have weapons. Romo actually is not the better QB but may be harder to defend against because of his ability to move. I do not have faith in the boys on this one but it could be an entertaining game. Have to wait and see.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-10-2007, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
"or so everybody says"?? How bout from 97 to 2007 the AFC has gone 8-3 in the Super Bowl? I'd say that's pretty much domination. It hasn't always been that way...but it is at this point.

NE exposes just how much better the AFC is than the NFC this weekend. if u havent noticed the leagues are more balanced this year and Cowboys havent had much trouble with the AFC teams past 3 years(8-2). Dallas exposes the Patriots and the AFC that they are no longer the superior league. 4 more days for big ole Texas size whippin :)

piratebg
10-10-2007, 11:57 PM
Oooooo I cant wait much longer. Sunday still feels so far off. Go Cowboys!!!

crzyjournalist03
10-11-2007, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
"or so everybody says"?? How bout from 97 to 2007 the AFC has gone 8-3 in the Super Bowl? I'd say that's pretty much domination. It hasn't always been that way...but it is at this point.

NE exposes just how much better the AFC is than the NFC this weekend.

so if the Cowboys get to 8-3 or better will you admit that they are dominating the league?

JasperDog94
10-11-2007, 02:40 PM
All this talk about exposing the weaker league is garbage. The only thing that really matters is the Superbowl in terms of which league is better IMO.

crzyjournalist03
10-11-2007, 03:08 PM
I know that there are a lot of Cowboys homers on this board, but nearly a 2-1 margin claiming the Cowboys over the Patriots is crazy...I think that a lot of people are voting here more with heart than head...but that's probably a little hypocritical of me considering that I actually believe the Cowboys will squeak this one out...:thinking:

Ranger Mom
10-11-2007, 03:10 PM
...I think that a lot of people are voting here more with heart than head...:

I'll admit I am!! Just like I couldn't vote against Greenwood in a poll, no matter if they don't have a snowball's chance in hell of beating said team....I still couldn't vote against them, I would just rather not vote at all.

That being said, I voted for the boys!!:D :D

necks_c/09
10-11-2007, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by R4Editor
Colts won the Super Bowl last year and they beat the Patriots and Tom Brady couldnt beat them and i wonder who BEAT the Colts last year :confused: :thinking: ROMO :thumbsup: The texans are the last team to have beaten the colts and what exactly does this mean now?...

Pretty much nothing.....

thats another one of those team a and team b and team c things.....

No merit or relevance fyi

pirate4state
10-11-2007, 03:18 PM
Why are you all getting worked up over an INTERNET POLL ON A HS MESSAGE BOARD???? :bigcry:

SO WHAT if 1/2 the board are Cowboy homers??? Is our silly poll gonna determine the outcome of the game?? Good golly Ms. Molly someone get Jerry on the phone! :rolleyes:

LOL

Where is Keith when you need him???

crzyjournalist03
10-11-2007, 03:21 PM
Why are you all getting worked up over an INTERNET POLL ON A HS MESSAGE BOARD???? :bigcry:

SO WHAT if 1/2 the board are Cowboy homers??? Is our silly poll gonna determine the outcome of the game?? Good golly Ms. Molly someone get Jerry on the phone! :rolleyes:

LOL

Where is Keith when you need him???

hiding under a rock because the Eagles, UNT, and Gainesville all stink. :D :D :D

necks_c/09
10-11-2007, 03:21 PM

LOL

Where is Keith when you need him??? Good golly ms Molly....

haha, havnt heard that in atleast 5 years...lol

pirate4state
10-11-2007, 03:23 PM
hiding under a rock because the Eagles, UNT, and Gainesville all stink. :D :D :D Poor Keith - at least he has the SILVER BOOT! :thumbsup:

JasperDog94
10-11-2007, 04:41 PM
Poor Keith - at least he has the SILVER BOOT! :thumbsup: nice...:)

29-3aFAN
10-11-2007, 11:54 PM
If you are wanting to lose money!

29-3aFAN
10-11-2007, 11:55 PM
Pats by 13.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-12-2007, 05:33 PM
Dallas CowboysVS New England Patriots (http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d8032dc4d)

vet93
10-12-2007, 05:59 PM
My heart is with the Cowboys but my head is with the Pats. They are in a much stronger conference and I look for them to win by about 10 to 14 points. Now, I am hoping that my cowboys can pull off the upset...just like I am hoping that my Aggies can too...neither upset is likely although I give the Cowboys a better shot than the Aggies.