CHS_CG
10-10-2007, 11:13 AM
Brazos Christian Principal Killed in Car Crash
Posted: 6:00 PM Oct 9, 2007
Last Updated: 1:47 AM Oct 10, 2007
Reporter: KBTX Staff
Email Address: news@kbtx.com
http://www.kbtx.com/home/headlines/10393687.html

School districts on both sides of the Brazos River are mourning the death of a respected administrator and coach.

Leslie Yezak, 49, the logic and rhetoric principal and athletic director at Brazos Christian School in Bryan, was killed in a two vehicle collision outside Snook in Burleson County Tuesday.

According to the Department of Public Safety, Yezak was travelling east on Highway 60 just west of Snook, when a car driven by Desiree Fisher of Caldwell crossed the center line and hit Yezak head on. Yezak was killed on impact.

Fisher was taken to the College Station Medical Center, then transported to Scott and White in Temple, where her condition was unavailable Tuesday evening.

Yezak worked at Brazos Christian School for six years, wearing many hats including principal, athletic director, math teacher, basketball and baseball coach.

"We're all just in shock," Brazos Christian Headmaster Robert Armstrong said Tuesday evening. "We expected to see him at the volleyball game this evening and knew something was wrong when he didn't show up."

Armstrong described Yezak as a man of integrity, who loved his work.

"He gave his life for the kids at that school and the kids just adored him," said Armstrong.

Before coming to Brazos Christian School, he was a coach at Snook Independent School District.

In 1986, his Lady Jays won the Class A girls' basketball state championship.

Snook stopped Godley in the semifinals, 50-41.

In the title tilt, the Lady Jays knocked off perennial power, Nazareth.

Connie Cole led the way as Snook claimed the crown with a 36-to-33 win over the Swiftettes.

Yezak leaves behind a wife and four children.

Mr. Yezak was also Caldwell's Assistant Principal my freshman & Sophomore year. He was a really great guy and his family is great also. Desiree graduated from Caldwell in 2003 and she is a great girl also. I dont have any updates on her. I worked with her in high school at McDonalds and she is a fun loving girl... I ask you guys to please pray for Mr. Yezaks family as he did leave behind 4 children and a wife and also please pray for Desiree to recover from what ever injuries she has. Caldwell does not need to lose another young person, as every year since my freshman year we have lost somebody under the age of 25. Thanks guys!

UPanIN
10-10-2007, 11:33 AM
Prayers of comfort for the family.

Prayers of health for the young lady.

luvhoops34
10-10-2007, 11:43 AM
Prayers from me to both families.

Talena please keep us updated on your friend.

Phil C
10-10-2007, 01:40 PM
Prayers from Sinton also. :(

ProudHornetMom
10-10-2007, 01:55 PM
It was a tragic accident. Desiree has multiple serious orthopedic injuries. She needs our prayers for recovery. Desiree and her family are well thought of in Burleson County.

Leslie was much loved in Burleson and Brazos County. He was a wonderful example of a strong Christian man.

Keep the prayers going.

CheerMom
10-10-2007, 02:30 PM
Prayers for everyone involved.

mwynn05
10-10-2007, 04:41 PM
A girl i graduated with got killed this past weekend

44INAROW
10-10-2007, 04:53 PM
will keep the families in my prayers..... :(

bobcat1
10-10-2007, 04:54 PM
Prayers from Celina. So tragic.

zebrablue2
10-10-2007, 06:13 PM
I worked there last Friday night when they played halletsville s. heart. also did a game there against austin regents a couple of weeks ago. I believe I met him, not for sure. so sorry to hear the news. prayers go out to his family and friends.

BrahmaMom
10-10-2007, 07:33 PM
My prayers go out to the families and friends of both. These tragedies are so difficult. May God provide comfort and His healing grace.

CHS_CG
10-11-2007, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by ProudHornetMom
It was a tragic accident. Desiree has multiple serious orthopedic injuries. She needs our prayers for recovery. Desiree and her family are well thought of in Burleson County.

Leslie was much loved in Burleson and Brazos County. He was a wonderful example of a strong Christian man.

Keep the prayers going.

I talked to a friend of mine that works at KBTX and he said he heard news that Desiree is to be transported back to College Station from Temple soon, so that is good news. She appently had surgery on her collarbone and something else. I really hope she will make a full recovery. The area is still in shock that a man like Mr. Yezak has pasted. Thanks everybody for the prayers and thoughts. I know somehow it is going to help desiree recover.

luvhoops34
10-11-2007, 03:00 PM
Thanks for the update, Babe. I'm sure you're friend will need all the support she can get.

RedWhiteBlue
10-11-2007, 03:22 PM
Prayers for all going up!!!