PDA

View Full Version : Separating fantasy from reality

crzyjournalist03
10-10-2007, 10:30 AM
I'm trying to figure out what to do with one of my fantasy teams. I'm in a situation that in all my years of playing has never come up before, and I'm kind of surprised that it hasn't come up before.

Tom Brady is my usual starting QB. My opponent this week has Tony Romo. Usually I don't hesitate starting QBs head to head that are playing against each other, but I've never had to make this choice when my opponent has the QB of my favorite team on his team while I have my favorite team's opponent.

It's hard to separate fantasy football from real football in my mind sometimes, so what should I do? Logic tells me to roll with Brady, but I'd be rooting for Brady to outperform Romo, which I just can't imagine doing.

My backup QB is Derek Anderson, and he's had a heckuva season since taking over for the Browns (at least in ff production terms).

I own Romo on EVERY other fantasy team that I have (4 others), and I'm playing against the guy that has Brady in one of them...so if I play Brady in the ONE league that I have him, I'm basically destined to lose one of those matchups.

Thoughts, opinions? Start Brady or bench him out of loyalty to my 'Boys and roll with Anderson?

luvhoops34
10-10-2007, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
I'm trying to figure out what to do with one of my fantasy teams. I'm in a situation that in all my years of playing has never come up before, and I'm kind of surprised that it hasn't come up before.

Tom Brady is my usual starting QB. My opponent this week has Tony Romo. Usually I don't hesitate starting QBs head to head that are playing against each other, but I've never had to make this choice when my opponent has the QB of my favorite team on his team while I have my favorite team's opponent.

It's hard to separate fantasy football from real football in my mind sometimes, so what should I do? Logic tells me to roll with Brady, but I'd be rooting for Brady to outperform Romo, which I just can't imagine doing.

My backup QB is Derek Anderson, and he's had a heckuva season since taking over for the Browns (at least in ff production terms).

I own Romo on EVERY other fantasy team that I have (4 others), and I'm playing against the guy that has Brady in one of them...so if I play Brady in the ONE league that I have him, I'm basically destined to lose one of those matchups.

Thoughts, opinions? Start Brady or bench him out of loyalty to my 'Boys and roll with Anderson?

go with brady
root for the boys
it's fantasy

Rabbit'93
10-10-2007, 10:35 AM
I have Brady ...and Moss....and Sammy Morris. I love the Boys and will be starting all three in the hopes that the game is like the Giants game.

BobcatBenny
10-10-2007, 10:41 AM
5 fantasy leagues? :doh:

Man! And I thought I had time on my hands? :clap:

crzyjournalist03
10-10-2007, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny

that's just football...yeah...I have plenty of spare time at work.

luvhoops34
10-10-2007, 10:43 AM

I can keep up with one I have maybe two. But 5??:eek:

If you had the same players in all the leagues, maybe.

How did you manage to get Romo in 4 out of 5 fantasy leagues?

crzyjournalist03
10-10-2007, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
I can keep up with one I have maybe two. But 5??:eek:

If you had the same players in all the leagues, maybe.

How did you manage to get Romo in 4 out of 5 fantasy leagues?

Draft strategy...in most drafts, he was going around the sixth or seventh round...I did most of the drafts live (the one that I got Brady in was the exception). So I knew going in that I wanted Romo, and he was my priority because I wanted to put my success in the hands of my belief, which was that he was going to be an absolute stud. He was ranked around the 9th QB in the preseason rankings in both yahoo and ESPN, but I took him as about the fourth or fifth QB taken.

I used early picks on other positions and watched the draft...after Manning, Brady, Brees, and Bulger were gone, I used my next pick on Romo every time. Most people felt that Romo was a risky pick coming into the year, but I didn't think so, so I took a chance, and I'm no lower than third in any league as a result.

crzyjournalist03
10-10-2007, 10:51 AM
oops...I just checked...I had Brady in another league, and traded Brady and Benjamin Watson for Romo and Antonio Gates.

I've tried to trade for him in the league I'm talking about in this thread, but the guy is such a Cowboys homer that he's got almost all of them on his team and won't trade.

Sweetwater Red
10-10-2007, 10:55 AM

I've done that before. It kinda took the fun out of it for me. I'd
have LT on one team and and be going against him on another. :(

It's like a no win or lose situation.

eagles_victory
10-10-2007, 11:01 AM
just cheer for the cowboys and not worry about fantasy what happens in fantasy will take care of itself... rather you cheer for Moss and Brady will have no effect on their fantasy numbers... and even if they do horrible and the cowboys win its just one week of fantasy football... but yea you should definitly start brady

luvhoops34
10-10-2007, 11:34 AM
some people on here have a hard time separating reality from fantasy....

SintonFan_inAustin
10-10-2007, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Draft strategy...in most drafts, he was going around the sixth or seventh round...I did most of the drafts live (the one that I got Brady in was the exception). So I knew going in that I wanted Romo, and he was my priority because I wanted to put my success in the hands of my belief, which was that he was going to be an absolute stud. He was ranked around the 9th QB in the preseason rankings in both yahoo and ESPN, but I took him as about the fourth or fifth QB taken.

I used early picks on other positions and watched the draft...after Manning, Brady, Brees, and Bulger were gone, I used my next pick on Romo every time. Most people felt that Romo was a risky pick coming into the year, but I didn't think so, so I took a chance, and I'm no lower than third in any league as a result. :) I made Romo my first pick in both leagues i am in(guess the 4 out of 5 is the league i am in lol). in GP83 league i loaded up with Cowboys and i have gone 5-0 with the boys piling up points. i had the Bears D for all my games except against Dallas and use my backup defense because i would be rooting for Cowboys to rip that defense.