PDA

View Full Version : Gatesville will win 17-3A

JJ7997
10-09-2007, 10:32 PM
The Hornets will win district. You just have to believe , believe in miracles man ! :D

JR2004
10-09-2007, 11:21 PM
Gotta have hope! You don't have that you don't have a thing. I hope they at least beat Lorena this year and maybe pull off an upset in one of their other district games, preferably against China! :)

Swarm 51
10-10-2007, 12:26 AM
This group of young players have only one win under their belt, but they have won the admiration of their fans as they play hard and never quit until the end of the game. Last year the Hornets had 3 or 4 players that would give up if the team got behind. Not this brand of Hornet players, and that is one of the many reasons the fans are so supportive. They may end up with a 1-9 or 2-8 season, but it isn't because they didn't give it their all. Coach Cooper is doing a great job with only one starter returning. It will take time, but he will eventually get the Hornets back on the winning track.

JJ7997
10-10-2007, 08:59 AM
I certainly think they will beat Lorena. I know they are working hard. My cousin is on the team Janisch #10. All these years I still have no liking for Robinson or Chinaberry either. I cant wait for the day when the Hornets put Chinaberry back where they started in 17-3A about 13 years ago or such, and thats right down at the bottom.

burnet44
10-10-2007, 09:31 AM
if you line up and run the ball
you can beat China

Swarm 51
10-10-2007, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by burnet44
if you line up and run the ball
you can beat China

Which is what I hope La Vega, Robinson and Connally will do when they play the Cougars. Who knows, Gatesville just might pull the upset of the week when they face C.S. in the last regular district game of the season. Because of their undefeated, yet soft non-district schedule, the Cougar fans already have the team going deep in the playoffs. Sure hope other 17AAA teams prove them wrong.

As for Janisch that plays for the Hornets, he has stepped in and done a great job in replacing the young man that is out for the season due to a severe concussion. The Janisch family has a right to be proud of their #10. The Hornet fans are proud of him.

rockdale80
10-10-2007, 11:20 PM
Played Gatesville when I was a junior. Taurean Henderson could fly....and I think he was a fish.

c-town_balla
10-10-2007, 11:23 PM
Gatesville is not a bad team....they are just young and undersized on the defensive side....they fight hard and anything can happen

LH Panther Mom
10-10-2007, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
Played Gatesville when I was a junior. Taurean Henderson could fly....and I think he was a fish.
My oldest (thankfully) missed out on that. My son was on freshman in '99 when we played them last. (Pretty sure Henderson helped put the whup on the Varsity that year.)

rockdale80
10-10-2007, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
My oldest (thankfully) missed out on that. My son was on freshman in '99 when we played them last. (Pretty sure Henderson helped put the whup on the Varsity that year.)

He was good. That is all I can say.