PDA

View Full Version : Rockdale Tigers - Do You Believe In Miracles???

Milk That Cow
10-09-2007, 02:18 PM
Friday Night...

Liberty Hill Stadium...

7:30 pm

YA GOTTA BELIEVE...

JJ7997
10-09-2007, 03:34 PM
I'll take the Hill by 50+. They havent run up the score in awhile and will be itchin' to do so.

buff4life
10-09-2007, 03:40 PM
it would take more than a miracle...

BobcatBenny
10-09-2007, 05:35 PM
I believe in miracles.

Like David and Goliath . . . etc. etc.

But unfortunately this one is gonna be more like Sodom and Gomorrah! :D

formermbcouns
10-09-2007, 05:45 PM
LOL...but, I have to agree. It shouldn't be a close game at all.

Originally posted by BobcatBenny
I believe in miracles.

Like David and Goliath . . . etc. etc.

But unfortunately this one is gonna be more like Sodom and Gomorrah! :D

JJ7997
10-09-2007, 06:45 PM
Rockdale will fare only slightly better than the Gatesville Hornets did.

burnet44
10-09-2007, 08:24 PM
LH aint USC
Rockdale aint Stanford

LH 50 Rockdale 7

maybe the Rock can get a score during the JV game

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-09-2007, 09:41 PM
You guys can be real mature sometimes. They are nothing but a bunch of kids playing football, and anything is possible. I've seen the Tigers play, and they have only played up to their potential once this year and it was against a team that they thought they could beat. A lot of the reason behind Rockdale's success and failure is due to the mentality that they carry into every game, and when they played Mexia, I saw it in their eyes they were capable of winning. There are several games they should have won this year but just couldn't quite get it done, those being Robinson and Gonzales. I for one think that the Tigers can do anything that they set their mind to, and I'm not going to get on here and down about how bad of a team that they are or might be, or any other team for that matter. I think it's unfair to the players from each team, and there is no doubt in my mind that some kids read what some adults have to post on here and it really gets to them and makes them think they don't have a chance. Good luck Tigers, I believe in you guys and I believe that you can accomplish anything you set your mind to, and if that's beating Liberty Hill, then do it.

rundoe
10-09-2007, 09:48 PM
Great Post.

But......being consertive

LH 47
RD 6

c-town_balla
10-09-2007, 10:12 PM
C'mon gary....I read whats said about cameron on here and it inspires me....i want people to say o cameron sucks they are terrible they will lose by atleast 28 .....Rockdale CAN beat LH will they? probly not....if they won i would be shocked but its high school football...bunch of 16, 17 , 18 year olds.....kids...

Old Tiger
10-09-2007, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by c-town_balla
C'mon gary....I read whats said about cameron on here and it inspires me....i want people to say o cameron sucks they are terrible they will lose by atleast 28 .....Rockdale CAN beat LH will they? probly not....if they won i would be shocked but its high school football...bunch of 16, 17 , 18 year olds.....kids... Just for you...

Cameron sucks they'll not come within two touchdowns of Hutto. Hope you play well :)

ASUFrisbeeStud
10-09-2007, 10:31 PM
LH will lose on Friday.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-09-2007, 10:58 PM
C'mon gary....I read whats said about cameron on here and it inspires me....i want people to say o cameron sucks they are terrible they will lose by atleast 28 .....Rockdale CAN beat LH will they? probly not....if they won i would be shocked but its high school football...bunch of 16, 17 , 18 year olds.....kids...

It doesn't affect some, but for some people it does bother them, and for a team that is 3-13 for the past two seasons up to date, I'm sure it bothers a couple of them also.

Big Papa
10-09-2007, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
It doesn't affect some, but for some people it does bother them, and for a team that is 3-13 for the past two seasons up to date, I'm sure it bothers a couple of them also.

i know they read it...but if it really bothers them then why do they keep reading it...if they read and take it all to heart then thats their fault

JR2004
10-09-2007, 11:29 PM
Liberty Hill 63
Rockdale 7

orangeblood
10-09-2007, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END

Hey I live in Caldwell and I really think Rockdale can make the play-offs if those players will believe in each other. They looked pretty solid when they played us. That District like ours does have some horses, Liberty Hill, Hutto, Cameron, But they do go ahead and play on Fridays for a reason, just like Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays ( see Dallas Cowboys). However LH is a powerhouse, at least you have watched that offense work before.
Rockdale/ ABC/ concieve it - believe it - achieve it.........

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-10-2007, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by Big Papa
i know they read it...but if it really bothers them then why do they keep reading it...if they read and take it all to heart then thats their fault

Either way, it doesn't make it right for a bunch of adults to down a bunch of kids who go out and play their hearts out every week. In no way, shape, or form are you going to convince me otherwise. High school football is something that people carry with them the rest of their lives, whether or not some are willing to admit to that is one thing.

Johnny Utah
10-10-2007, 07:47 AM
BBDE, that is why some people post the way they do. They are living through the hs kids that are still playing. LH was not a football power 5, 10 or even 15 years ago. They have a great run of kids and coaches. There was a time that they were a doormat and just known for hoops. Times have changed, but everything in 3a cycles. Rockdale has a chance, and better yet no matter the outcome with LH, they can still make the playoffs. LH should win, they are the favorite, Rockdale just needs to keep getting better and better. Battle for the Bell Ctown balla!!!

luvhoops34
10-10-2007, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
BBDE, that is why some people post the way they do. They are living through the hs kids that are still playing. LH was not a football power 5, 10 or even 15 years ago. They have a great run of kids and coaches. There was a time that they were a doormat and just known for hoops. Times have changed, but everything in 3a cycles. Rockdale has a chance, and better yet no matter the outcome with LH, they can still make the playoffs. LH should win, they are the favorite, Rockdale just needs to keep getting better and better. Battle for the Bell Ctown balla!!!

great post!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-10-2007, 08:07 AM

This is very true, I know how addicting the game of football can be, and I am very blessed and fortunate to be in the position that I am now. I guess having a poor season my senior year and knowing how it feels to put everything you have into something and not be successful makes me look at it differently, as I want no senior to have to experience that, but I know that in the game of football and in the game of life there has to be a winner and a loser. I remember looking up into the stands and seeing hundreds of empty seats and it's just something that I haven't been able to shake. As I said before, I know somebody has to lose, but I believe in my heart one-hundred percent that if you get a group of young men to believe in each other and trust each other and work completely as a team then great things will happen, and I think that is so much more important than talent and athleticism in the long run. I've seen it happen before in Rockdale and I hope that it happens again soon, very soon, starting this Friday night. Best of luck to Liberty Hill and your son LHPM, and of course to my Rockdale Tigers.

Sweetwater Red
10-10-2007, 08:25 AM
After my Wolverines lost to Appalachian St. I now believe
anything can happen on a football field.

rundoe
10-10-2007, 09:24 AM

and your point is?

Johnny Utah
10-10-2007, 09:45 AM
BBDE, great points. When I lived in the Rock, in 1990 they went 1-9. Fans were there, some were not. Starting winning in the early to mid 90's and the same fans and parents that were there when the Rock was losing continued to show when they were winning. You will always have fair weather fans, no matter the situation. You need to look back on your senior year and when you looked into the stands did you see your family supporting you? That is all that matters. Disappointment happens, losing only makes you stronger in my opinon because if you can handle that and become better in all facets, you have actually WON.

Johnny Utah
10-10-2007, 11:19 AM
I must also say that Rockdale has some great fans, but some are still living in 1976. JMO. New era, new factors, but the kids are still playing hard. Rockdale will get the ship back on track.

burnet44
10-10-2007, 11:26 AM
I must also say that Rockdale has some great fans, but some are still living in 1976. Rockdale will get the ship back on track. \

they won state in track 1977 and football 1976
see the relationship?
thats the track they might need to get back on
Fred Johnson did a great job in track
Im sure this would help

Johnny Utah
10-10-2007, 11:36 AM
If you are very lucky a State Title happens once at a school that size. Celina does not win it every year. Great programs compete every year, but at the 3a level and lower that is tough due to cycling of classes with talent, less talent, etc... Rockdale has had, did have, continues to have very good coaches and players. Sometimes it is just timing, luck, etc... In 96 Rockdale was very talented(QB went to Rice in football, DE went to Baylor), but injuries at the wrong time cost them a playoff game against a talented Burnet team that Rockdale should have beaten at 100%. Those things happen.

Milk That Cow
10-10-2007, 11:09 PM
Tiger Fans....

YA GOTTA BELIEVE!!!!!

c-town_balla
10-10-2007, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by rundoe
and your point is?

my point would be ...I am a 17 year old kid....if i messed up Friday would you be shocked?...its a game that kids play..so any team can beat any team......and i come on here looking for some interesting talk and maybe just a little bit more inspiration

rockdale80
10-10-2007, 11:22 PM
I believe. Lets go Tigers!!!

rockdale80
10-10-2007, 11:25 PM
my point would be ...I am a 17 year old kid....if i messed up Friday would you be shocked?...its a game that kids play..so any team can beat any team......and i come on here looking for some interesting talk and maybe just a little bit more inspiration

Good luck!
Way to use their words as a tool for your motivation. I know that is what I would do. Keep your head up and work hard. Leave it on the field every play. That way you will never look back and have a regret....win or lose.

yoemenkracker30
10-11-2007, 12:52 AM
i just dont understand....wasnt this supposed to be THE YEAR for rockdale football?

sicem74
10-11-2007, 01:00 AM
from my point of view......
anything can happen folks
just play the game and we will see the outcome..
the end

Darren
10-11-2007, 07:42 AM
Rockdale loses by 21.

ILS1
10-11-2007, 09:40 AM
Liberty Hill 65
Rockdale 6

:eek: :eek:

JJ7997
10-11-2007, 09:48 AM
This thread was not meant to degrade Rockdale in any way and I know I didnt say anything to demean the kids who play for them, its just that Liberty Hill is just one heck of a football team. I wouldnt pick against them no matter who they were playing.

Liberty Hill would blow out Celina right now, but we'll have to wait for that one.

Old Tiger
10-11-2007, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by JJ7997
This thread was not meant to degrade Rockdale in any way and I know I didnt say anything to demean the kids who play for them, its just that Liberty Hill is just one heck of a football team. I wouldnt pick against them no matter who they were playing.

Liberty Hill would blow out Celina right now, but we'll have to wait for that one. I agree

rockdale80
10-11-2007, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
I agree

I disagree. Any team can beat any team. Thats why they play the game.

Old Tiger
10-11-2007, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
I disagree. Any team can beat any team. Thats why they play the game. I was talking about the LH over Celina ;):D

Panther One
10-11-2007, 01:31 PM
Liberty Hill would blow out Celina right now, but we'll have to wait for that one.
Slow down. We're not playing that well. When we start putting together a solid four quarters, we can talk about how we stack up against the state's elite. For now, we just have to continue to improve. Should we blow out Rockdale? Yes. But if we continue to sputter in the first half and let teams hang around, someone might sneak up on us. We've all seen the impact turnovers can have. If you don't come out ready to play and then give your opponents some gifts, who knows what could happen.

I'd like to see our team come out with the passion they had against Cuero and decide some of these games by halftime. Friday night would be a good time to start.

rockdale80
10-11-2007, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Panther One
Slow down. We're not playing that well. When we start putting together a solid four quarters, we can talk about how we stack up against the state's elite. For now, we just have to continue to improve. Should we blow out Rockdale? Yes. But if we continue to sputter in the first half and let teams hang around, someone might sneak up on us. We've all seen the impact turnovers can have. If you don't come out ready to play and then give your opponents some gifts, who knows what could happen.

I'd like to see our team come out with the passion they had against Cuero and decide some of these games by halftime. Friday night would be a good time to start.

As long as it is decided in favor of Rockdale in the first half;)

burnet44
10-11-2007, 01:44 PM
DNA + Hard work = championships
Hard work + Cooperation= championships

no matter who you are you can work yourself into wins
technique-running-lifting-mental toughness-plain toughness
will win games

I have always and will still believe that

as ol coach told us in 1970 and its still true today

"boys we can win some games with talent, we can win some games with toughness, BUT we can win ALL of our games if we have both"

you can win some if you aint very talented
hard work-toughness will win some games
and it will win close games

ol coach also said this

"the only place winning comes before work is in the dictionary"

and i will say this
I worked for Fred Johnson
I know what kind of man and coach he is/was
You will work hard in his program or you wouldnt be in it
You will run track in the spring

as I said
the track-hard work might be the track many people need to get ON

rockdale80
10-11-2007, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by burnet44
DNA + Hard work = championships
Hard work + Cooperation= championships

no matter who you are you can work yourself into wins
technique-running-lifting-mental toughness-plain toughness
will win games

I have always and will still believe that

as ol coach told us in 1970 and its still true today

"boys we can win some games with talent, we can win some games with toughness, BUT we can win ALL of our games if we have both"

you can win some if you aint very talented
hard work-toughness will win some games
and it will win close games

ol coach also said this

"the only place winning comes before work is in the dictionary"

and i will say this
I worked for Fred Johnson
I know what kind of man and coach he is/was
You will work hard in his program or you wouldnt be in it
You will run track in the spring

as I said
the track-hard work might be the track many people need to get ON

I think there are skills you can pick up in most sports that can carry over to the football field.

JJ7997
10-11-2007, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Panther One

Hello ? You guys are in the states elite ! :rolleyes:

JR2004
10-11-2007, 09:20 PM

I'd love for Madison to have the problems Liberty Hill has right now...lol. I'm sure Gatesville would too. You'd almost think they're just sputtering along and just barely holding on each week after reading that.

Panther One
10-11-2007, 11:52 PM
You couldn't tell with some of our first half performances this year:

Connally: 13-6 at half (20-7 in 2nd half)
Burnet: 7-17 at half (27-0 in 2nd half)
Gatesville: 21-7 at half (49-0 in 2nd half)
Wimberley: 7-3 at half (28-7 in 2nd half)

Granted most of our opponents do come out fired up and wear down as the game goes on, but we've had some first half struggles in terms of execution, penalties, and turnovers that have hurt us; the types of things that kill you against other ranked teams. We often look like an entirely different team in the second half. I'd just like to see us consistently start and play the whole game like we do the second half.

Here is our scoring breakdown by halves:
1st: 76-54 (not very elite)
2nd: 145-28

By quarters:
1st: 20-30
2nd: 56-24
3rd: 83-14
4th: 62-14

When we do start to play complete games, I like our chances against anyone.

Milk That Cow
10-12-2007, 08:49 AM
Tonight is the Night when the

Mighty Rockdale Tigers....

Have The Chance...

To

SHOCK THE WORLD....

GOTTA BELIEVE!!!!