PDA

View Full Version : The Prophet

Phil C
10-09-2007, 01:48 PM
It is me. :)

Last night Buffalo was ahead 7 to 0 in the first quarter and had the ball in Dallas territory. They had a 4th and a short one to get the first down inside Dallas territory. The field goal would have been long but they had a kicker capable of making it. Had he done so they would have given them a 10 point lead. They choce to go for it. I remember thinking "If they don't make it then the field goal they are likely giving up may come to haunt them when the game is over." They didn't make the first down.

The game ended 25 to 24. Had they had the three points Dallas couldn't have tied them with the two points and even though Dallas had the onside kick they would have been five points ahead and Dallas would have had to have got a td and the odds would have been against the Cowboys.

Surely an awesome prophecy that came true.

:)

crzyjournalist03
10-09-2007, 01:53 PM
you know what's scary? How close some of the predictions from simulated games on Madden '08 come:

http://sports.espn.go.com/videogames/simulation/nfl?id=3049530

Sweetwater Red
10-09-2007, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
It is me. :)

Last night Buffalo was ahead 7 to 0 in the first quarter and had the ball in Dallas territory. They had a 4th and a short one to get the first down inside Dallas territory. The field goal would have been long but they had a kicker capable of making it. Had he done so they would have given them a 10 point lead. They choce to go for it. I remember thinking "If they don't make it then the field goal they are likely giving up may come to haunt them when the game is over." They didn't make the first down.

The game ended 25 to 24. Had they had the three points Dallas couldn't have tied them with the two points and even though Dallas had the onside kick they would have been five points ahead and Dallas would have had to have got a td and the odds would have been against the Cowboys.

Surely an awesome prophecy that came true.

:)

and as it turns out it's a good thing TO dropped the ball on the
2 pt. try. If he would have caught it the score would've been
tied. Dallas wouldn't have attempted an on-side kick. Buffalo
would have the ball with a chance to score.

Emerson1
10-09-2007, 01:59 PM
What an off the wall though that was.

tigerbyheart
10-09-2007, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
and as it turns out it's a good thing TO dropped the ball on the
2 pt. try. If he would have caught it the score would've been
tied. Dallas wouldn't have attempted an on-side kick. Buffalo
would have the ball with a chance to score.

I said the same thing to my husband last night!