PDA

View Full Version : October 9,1987--20 Years Ago

maroonpirate04
10-09-2007, 12:18 PM
The Sinton Pirates were sailing on it's way to victory until they hit a roadblock the second loss of the year, The Pirates were placed in District 29-3A in the beginning of the realignment year 1986. Which meant Sinton had to travel far to it's new rivals such as Floresville, Goliad, Kenedy, George West, and Mathis. But in the district opener the Pirates faced the Floresville Tigers in a very intense game. With a loss of 16-12 in Tiger Stadium, It was a great game the Pirates should've won this game. But missed a touchdown in the closing seconds of the game. I could still remember the game clearly it was a packed house on sides of the stadium with more fans still standing watching the game.

And while fans missed this great game here's what was showing on the big screen

Man On Fire
Someone To Watch Over Me
Surrender
Three O'Clock High

On our journey home here's what was considered hot and fresh on the charts

"The One I Love" by R.E.M.
"Let's Work" by Mick Jagger
"Heaven Is A Place On Earth" by Belinda Carlisle
"(I've Had) The Time Of My Life" by Bill Medley featuring Jennifer Warnes
"Should've Known Better" by Richard Marx

Lisa Lisa And The Cult Jam's "Lost In Emotion" knocked off Whitesnake's "Here I Go Again" from the #1 spot, while Bananarama's "I Heard A Rumour" moved up to #2 and Prince's "U Got The Look' moved to #3

Old Green
10-09-2007, 01:36 PM
I wonder what happened to the Floresville Rb Anthony price. He was highly recruited that year.

maroonpirate04
10-09-2007, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
I wonder what happened to the Floresville Rb Anthony price. He was highly recruited that year.

Hey did the Gobblers played Floresville in the playoffs that year

themsu97
10-09-2007, 08:27 PM
wow... i was loving my sr year in hs... mullet and all... glad that we had broken the 14 game losing streak and winning district games to give us a shot at 2nd... when only two teams made the playoffs... I miss my 76 Nova

Old Green
10-09-2007, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by maroonpirate04
Hey did the Gobblers played Floresville in the playoffs that year Played them the 3rd round of the playoffs. Gobblers won 50 - 0.

chaingang
10-10-2007, 11:04 AM
WOS was on its way to their first perfect season and their second straight 4A state championship.

I believe we beat Tivy in the Semi's and Rockwall in the finals.:D

rangerjoe33
10-10-2007, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by maroonpirate04
And while fans missed this great game here's what was showing on the big screen

Man On Fire

I liked Man On Fire with Denzel Washington...2004

Also I believe Rockwall beat Sweetwater that year in the semis...they played in Ft Worth...Amon Carter?

Sweetwater Red
10-10-2007, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by chaingang
WOS was on its way to their first perfect season and their second straight 4A state championship.

I believe we beat Tivy in the Semi's and Rockwall in the finals.:D

It should have been Sweetwater and not Rockwall.:(

Old Green
10-10-2007, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by chaingang

I believe we beat Tivy in the Semi's and Rockwall in the finals.:D Cuero was also. Claimed it's 3rd state championship 16-0 in 14 years.:thumbsup:

maroonpirate04
10-10-2007, 01:50 PM
If only we could turn back time. Me and my friends were always looking forward to friday every week to attend all the games, we would spend time in class making confetti, So we would be all week with a hole puncher and sheets of paper. Come game day we would throw it in the air every time the Pirates would score during the fight song. :) :D Great memories So we would get there early to get the top seats of the stands