PDA

View Full Version : Questions for the Cowboys/Bills Game

JasperDog94
10-09-2007, 12:11 PM
#1 - Have you ever seen a play reviewed after the next play has already run? I haven't. At least not a booth called review.

#2 - If the Cowboys don't make it up to the line of scrimmage in time to stop the clock with 1 second left, does that last play even get reviewed? The way things were going, i doubt it.

#3 - How in the world was TO not forced out on that long completion in the 4th quarter?

zebrablue2
10-09-2007, 12:24 PM
very good questions I never thought about. the # 2 question I agree with, the officials more than likely would have left the field.

piratebg
10-09-2007, 12:39 PM
1. Not that I can recall.

2. I can't help but think they would have been screwed out of that one.

3. Beats me.

eagles_victory
10-09-2007, 12:52 PM
i agree it was so obvious T.O. was forced out that was a horrible call

Txbroadcaster
10-09-2007, 12:54 PM
I dont understand why a force out cant be challenged

as far as the TO drop...the system worked..They corrected a dropped pass..I would rather it be correct..plus I have a feeling the review booth was hitting the buzzer as quick as they could and the ref stated before the snap a review was called

eagles_victory
10-09-2007, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I dont understand why a force out cant be challenged

as far as the TO drop...the system worked..They corrected a dropped pass..I would rather it be correct..plus I have a feeling the review booth was hitting the buzzer as quick as they could and the ref stated before the snap a review was called I agree while the force out is a judgement call it is pretty clear cut on most occasions if a guy is being forced out I hate how some things can be challenged and some cant if you have challenges almost anything should be able to be challenged

Darren
10-09-2007, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
#1 - Have you ever seen a play reviewed after the next play has already run? I haven't. At least not a booth called review.

#2 - If the Cowboys don't make it up to the line of scrimmage in time to stop the clock with 1 second left, does that last play even get reviewed? The way things were going, i doubt it.

#3 - How in the world was TO not forced out on that long completion in the 4th quarter?

I was wondering about the 3rd question as well.

Could they have reviewed that play?

Darren
10-09-2007, 12:59 PM
I guess not....

crzyjournalist03
10-09-2007, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94

1. Yes...don't remember the particular instance, but I have seen it before because when it happened last night, I wasn't totally pissed because I'd seen a team have it happen to them before and when it did, it was explained that the buzz occurred prior to the snap, but the refs didn't have time to stop the spike.

2. I think the Cowboys might have tried to get it reviewed by the booth, but I honestly don't know...I was upset that the Bills didn't get a delay of game penalty when the tackler refused to get off of T.O. for about five seconds while the ref was pushing him off to get the ball.

3. That should be reviewable. I've seen many teams and many games that would have changed if a push out was reviewable. When they changed the rules so that you can review down-by-contact, I felt that they should be able to review pushouts as well. T.O. was clearly coming down in-bounds until shoved. (and on another note, the delay of game for the spike seemed cheap...on the drive that Edwards threw the INT, Lynch did EXACTLY the same thing but wasn't flagged for it...I watched the replay just to make sure I wasn't being biased, but it was the exact same type of flip/spike).

And finally, I can't remember if it was the 2-point conversion or a play preceding the touchdown where they threw to T.O. in the endzone, but I was surprised that there wasn't a plea for pass interference...replays that they showed three times clearly showed the defender's back turned to the ball and him slapping T.O.'s arms about a half second before the ball arrived.

Water under the bridge in the long haul, but I think that the NFL has a few instances that it may want to take a closer look at thanks to this game.

JasperDog94
10-09-2007, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
I was upset that the Bills didn't get a delay of game penalty when the tackler refused to get off of T.O. for about five seconds while the ref was pushing him off to get the ball. I noticed that too.

PurplePride2006
10-09-2007, 01:11 PM
I was suprised that they didn't call "face guarding" on the 2 point conversion play, the defender never turned around to look at the ball, to my knowledge, the NFL is the only level that it is even a penelty

crzyjournalist03
10-09-2007, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by PurplePride2006
I was suprised that they didn't call "face guarding" on the 2 point conversion play, the defender never turned around to look at the ball, to my knowledge, the NFL is the only level that it is even a penelty

yeah...I was upset until they recovered the onsides kick...then I realized that they could win outright and not have to take a risk in overtime, so I got over it quickly.

pirate4state
10-09-2007, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by PurplePride2006
I was suprised that they didn't call "face guarding" on the 2 point conversion play, the defender never turned around to look at the ball, to my knowledge, the NFL is the only level that it is even a penelty Me too! :mad:

Oh well, Cowboys got the last laugh :D

JasperDog94
10-09-2007, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
yeah...I was upset until they recovered the onsides kick...then I realized that they could win outright and not have to take a risk in overtime, so I got over it quickly. Maybe it's a good thing we didn't have to kickoff again. It didn't turn out too well earlier in the game.:doh:

piratebg
10-09-2007, 01:23 PM
I say quit worrying about the Bills game. The Boys won and now it's time to get ready for the big one against the Patriots.