PDA

View Full Version : What's so great about Trent Edwards?

VanKampen
10-09-2007, 10:24 AM
23 of 31 for 176 yards. sacked 3 times for -28 yards. 1 int. he did nothing but throw to check downs and his receivers and TE and RB did the work from there. he engineered ONE scoring drive which was only a FG. he threw his int in the red zone when they could have put the game away. he was far from impressive. i could stand in the pocket and throw 3 yard passes all night long. the kid is afraid to throw the ball down the field. IMO there is no reason for ESPN to be bowing down to him and calling him the next big thing.

Old Tiger
10-09-2007, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by VanKampen
23 of 31 for 176 yards. sacked 3 times for -28 yards. 1 int. he did nothing but throw to check downs and his receivers and TE and RB did the work from there. he engineered ONE scoring drive which was only a FG. he threw his int in the red zone when they could have put the game away. he was far from impressive. i could stand in the pocket and throw 3 yard passes all night long. the kid is afraid to throw the ball down the field. IMO there is no reason for ESPN to be bowing down to him and calling him the next big thing. He's a rookie and showed poise. Didn't try to force anything.

Basically Bill Walsh likes the guy and if you question his opinion on a QB you're an idiot.

Txbroadcaster
10-09-2007, 10:26 AM
i agree.BUt for a rookie to for the most part make the correct decisions and not force alot of throws, is impressive

VanKampen
10-09-2007, 10:28 AM
if romo didnt throw those picks for tds and the kickoff isnt returned for a td, the bills have 3 points. that is not impressive. and im sorry but bill walsh isnt right on this one

Old Tiger
10-09-2007, 10:30 AM
if romo didnt throw those picks for tds and the kickoff isnt returned for a td, the bills have 3 points. that is not impressive. and im sorry but bill walsh isnt right on this one LOL...you're nuts man. He managed the game like he should have and agains the Cowboys D his passing stats are phenomenal. You must remember this is only his second career start.

Txbroadcaster
10-09-2007, 10:30 AM
if romo didnt throw those picks for tds and the kickoff isnt returned for a td, the bills have 3 points. that is not impressive. and im sorry but bill walsh isnt right on this one

He is a rookie..he was not being asked to win the game..he was being asked not to make huge mistakes and keep the Bills in the game

Old Tiger
10-09-2007, 10:31 AM
Completion % - 69.6
Yards - 507
TD's - 1
INT's 3

VanKampen
10-09-2007, 10:37 AM
he managed a game that scored 3 points on offense. who is that going to beat? yeah he can beat the crappy teams like the jets but even when a good team like the cowboys try SIX times to give the game away, he still cant lead them to victory.

Old Tiger
10-09-2007, 10:42 AM
he managed a game that scored 3 points on offense. who is that going to beat? yeah he can beat the crappy teams like the jets but even when a good team like the cowboys try SIX times to give the game away, he still cant lead them to victory. He will be the best QB out of that draft which included JeMarcus Russell, Brady Quinn, Jon Beck, and Kevin Kolb. In the NFL you don't put rookie quarterbacks in games to win them because that simply does not happen. The coaches have to call a great game and he needs support from his offensive line and run game. The Cowboys D played lights out last night and that's the only reason the Cowboys were still in that game so Edwards did what he had to do.

If anything put the blame on the Bills hands unit for not recovering the onside kick. They are more to blame than Trent

Gobbla2001
10-09-2007, 12:40 PM
VanKampen, you be one negative fella, ya read?

The kid stepped in last week and took over the game very well for a ROOKIE who finished his college career with an injury and a 7 game losing streak...

the guy stepped in last night and made smart throws... so most were just check downs? big deal, they weren't INT's, were they? he also had a VERY nice pass that went long get called back because of holding and he also he helped win the field position battle the whole game by getting his guys to the 50 quite a few times...

It was his first ever start in the NFL on one of its biggest stages... I thought the kid played a very smart game and was for the most part technically sound...

quite frankly your thread is pointless and just goes to show how negative you enjoy being...

Gobbla2001
10-09-2007, 12:43 PM
also, about their offense only scoring 3 points... their offense also had two possessions taken away because of defensive td's, so they had less chances to score...

no one is saying that this guy is tom brady or anything, but for a rook to step in and do better than you'd expect (which he has) it deserves mention...

piratebg
10-09-2007, 12:45 PM
I thought he did a fairly good job. They were moving the ball pretty well most of the night. They just couldn't finish their drives and find the endzone. Give him a couple years and I think he could be very good.

Emerson1
10-09-2007, 01:15 PM
He is probably a USC fan

VanKampen
10-09-2007, 10:34 PM
im not a USC fan. i dont care much for college football. im not saying trent edwards sucks. im just saying theres no reason to annoint him the next greatest thing for doing nothing but throwing to checkdowns. he may become a decent qb but he wont be great. if espn had said he played a safe game and tried not to make mistakes and did a great job of that until the 4th quarter when he threw the int, i wouldnt be ranting. but they said he would be great because he led the bills to 17 points against the jets(wow, omg, no way) and then led the bills to 3 points against the cowboys. look at tony romo in his first game. he took chances and made mistakes but he was very productive and from then on he's been pretty good.

BILLYFRED0000
10-09-2007, 11:28 PM
All Trent showed me was he could play not to lose. When he can play to win I will be impressed. That is exactly what Romo does and I would rather have that and 6 turnovers and the W anytime.

Big Papa
10-09-2007, 11:30 PM
i can see what vankampen is saying...the announcers kept talking about monday night being his "a star is born" moment for a =lot of the first half..they kept trying to compare it to romo's first game last year which he lost to the giants...if they hadnt kept pounding a star coming out point then i wouldnt have thought that much about it

lakers
10-09-2007, 11:35 PM
23 of 31 for 176 yards. sacked 3 times for -28 yards. 1 int. he did nothing but throw to check downs and his receivers and TE and RB did the work from there. he engineered ONE scoring drive which was only a FG. he threw his int in the red zone when they could have put the game away. he was far from impressive. i could stand in the pocket and throw 3 yard passes all night long. the kid is afraid to throw the ball down the field. IMO there is no reason for ESPN to be bowing down to him and calling him the next big thing.
which is exactly why u r not a sports writer.:dispntd:

orangeblood
10-09-2007, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
He's a rookie and showed poise. Didn't try to force anything.

Basically Bill Walsh likes the guy and if you question his opinion on a QB you're an idiot.

I thought at the end they should have just ran the football and kicked the field goal, that would have been game over. So he played ok, Coach should have used that time out earlier.