PDA

View Full Version : Region III Player of Week Five

LH Panther Mom
10-09-2007, 10:22 AM
Try not to be a homer... :p

Steven Townsend, Cameron Yoe - 18/25 passes, 218 yds, 3 TD's in the 41-45 loss to Fredericksburg

Ruben Martinez, Robinson - 10/19 passes, 147 yds, 1 TD in the 21-0 win over Rockdale

James Wells, Cameron Yoe - 21 carries, 179 yds, 2 TD's, 91-yd KO return for TD in the 41-45 loss to Fredericksburg

Keenan Alford, Robinson - 11 carries, 73 yds, 1 TD in the 21-0 win over Rockdale

Seth Mogavero, Robinson - 14 carries, 80 yds in the 21-0 win over Rockdale

Jacolby Spencer, Diboll - 5/10 passes, 137 yds, 4 TD's in the 48-6 win over Splendora

Xavier Cantu, Caldwell - 17 carries, 233 yds in the 49-21 win over Hutto

Si'Darius Blackshire, Carthage - 2 yd TD run, TD passes for 4 & 6 yds; 17-0 3rd qtr deficit @ 1:37 mark to bring the Bulldogs to a 21-17 win over Mt. Pleasant

Thadeus Wilkerson, Needville - 17 carries, 178 yds, 4 TD's, 1 reception, 33 yds, 1 TD in a 36-12 win over Sweeny

IHStangFan
10-09-2007, 10:25 AM
It may LOOK like I'm being a homer...but am I reading that correctly? Thaddeus had 5 TDs? I was not at the game last fri.

LH Panther Mom
10-09-2007, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
It may LOOK like I'm being a homer...but am I reading that correctly? Thaddeus had 5 TDs? I was not at the game last fri.
That's what Crow22's post said.

IHStangFan
10-09-2007, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
That's what Crow22's post said. goodness! Okay...he's got my vote...hope he can replicate that performance in Sealy this week! :)

Crow22
10-09-2007, 10:29 AM

Thadeus had 5 tds.

4 rushing, 1 receiving.

Didn't play the 4th quarter.

IHStangFan
10-09-2007, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Crow22
Thadeus had 5 tds.

4 rushing, 1 receiving.

Didn't play the 4th quarter. Good LORD....Wish I'd of been there now. We were at the Needville/Columbus game....great game!! Total nail-biter! We may very well drive up to Sealy this week. The Jays are fun to watch and Wilkerson makes it even that much more exciting. Exactly how fast is he anyway? I missed the early TD against PLC, I was at the concession stand w/ my wife as she HAD to have a bottle of water....by time we made it to the stands...I saw the top of his helmet go by as I was coming up the steps into the bleachers.

Crow22
10-09-2007, 11:25 AM
Good LORD....Wish I'd of been there now. We were at the Needville/Columbus game....great game!! Total nail-biter! We may very well drive up to Sealy this week. The Jays are fun to watch and Wilkerson makes it even that much more exciting. Exactly how fast is he anyway? I missed the early TD against PLC, I was at the concession stand w/ my wife as she HAD to have a bottle of water....by time we made it to the stands...I saw the top of his helmet go by as I was coming up the steps into the bleachers.

He's not a burner. He runs a high 4.5 or low 4.6 but he's a hammer back. The strength he runs with makes up for his lack of breakaway speed.

IHStangFan
10-09-2007, 11:39 AM
He's not a burner. He runs a high 4.5 or low 4.6 but he's a hammer back. The strength he runs with makes up for his lack of breakaway speed. yup...very true. He is smashmouth, thats for sure. I had been told that Hadjik is probably the fastest kid on he O?

Crow22
10-09-2007, 01:02 PM
yup...very true. He is smashmouth, thats for sure. I had been told that Hadjik is probably the fastest kid on he O?

Probably so...

Darren
10-09-2007, 01:21 PM
Whenever I see a QB in 3a who is able to accurately throw the ball for over 200 yards it is very impressive to me.

Thats why I voted for Steven Townsend.

crzyjournalist03
10-09-2007, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Darren
Whenever I see a QB in 3a who is able to accurately throw the ball for over 200 yards it is very impressive to me.

Thats why I voted for Steven Townsend.

unfortunately, that's not as rare as it used to be...more and more teams are switching to the spread every year, and passing yards are getting easier and easier to come by.

LH Panther Mom
10-09-2007, 02:25 PM
I had to go with the Carthage player. His stats weren't as impressive as the others (I'm sure there were more than in the "nomination"), but it seemed to me that what he did made a bigger impact.

Is Carthage anywhere close to a large paper that might have box score break-downs?

Crow22
10-09-2007, 02:31 PM
I had to go with the Carthage player. His stats weren't as impressive as the others (I'm sure there were more than in the "nomination"), but it seemed to me that what he did made a bigger impact.

Is Carthage anywhere close to a large paper that might have box score break-downs?

I think Wilkerson's scoring of ALL 5 tds in the game for Needville was pretty important.

JMO.

LH Panther Mom
10-09-2007, 02:43 PM
I think Wilkerson's scoring of ALL 5 tds in the game for Needville was pretty important.

JMO.
Oh, don't get me wrong! It was very impressive. And probably if it hadn't been for the come-from-behind thing, he would've had my vote. I always have to mull over the selections for a few hours before I vote.

BTW - did Wilkerson play against us in the playoffs?

Crow22
10-09-2007, 02:53 PM
Oh, don't get me wrong! It was very impressive. And probably if it hadn't been for the come-from-behind thing, he would've had my vote. I always have to mull over the selections for a few hours before I vote.

BTW - did Wilkerson play against us in the playoffs?

Yeah, he was a sophomore and ran for 192 yds in that game. He scored on the 2nd play from scrimmage from about 50 yds.

Old Green
10-09-2007, 08:36 PM
ttt

LH Panther Mom
10-09-2007, 09:26 PM
He scored on the 2nd play from scrimmage from about 50 yds.
:doh: I remember that. If I remember right (I'm old, so maybe I don't) the other kid that played back with him was # 1? Is that right? I just remember him being extremely fast.

Crow22
10-09-2007, 09:49 PM
:doh: I remember that. If I remember right (I'm old, so maybe I don't) the other kid that played back with him was # 1? Is that right? I just remember him being extremely fast.

That's correct....Vernon Coleman...