PDA

View Full Version : Region II Player of Week Five

LH Panther Mom
10-09-2007, 10:11 AM
Well, I would say "try not to be a homer", but...... :D

Dajuan Williams Fr. RB Prosper , 16 rushes for 121 yards 1 TD in the 52-3 win over Princeton

Hunter Nix Jr. QB Prosper, 10-14 for 187 passing 4 TDs, 12 rushes for 132 yards in the 52-3 win over Princeton

crzyjournalist03
10-09-2007, 11:29 AM
hmm...well, if there's only two nominees, and they're both from the same team, then I think you have to go with the one who found the endzone more often.

Sweetwater Red
10-09-2007, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
hmm...well, if there's only two nominees, and they're both from the same team, then I think you have to go with the one who found the endzone more often.

I'll follow that logic.:)

BobcatBenny
10-09-2007, 11:37 AM
I guess this should answer everyones question about why Celina and District 9 always get the Region 2 GotW. Either none of the other district's fans give a hoot or they just do not belong to the DL.

LH Panther Mom
10-09-2007, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
I guess this should answer everyones question about why Celina and District 9 always get the Region 2 GotW. Either none of the other district's fans give a hoot or they just do not belong to the DL.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Maybe the fact that over 75% of the teams in the state had a bye would explain it better. There ARE other teams represented on this board, shocking as it may seem. :p

tree8400
10-09-2007, 11:58 AM
Dejaun also had a 82 yrd Td called back this was his first game on Varsity. Also Hunter nix had 4 passing TD no rushing.

crzyjournalist03
10-09-2007, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Maybe the fact that over 75% of the teams in the state had a bye would explain it better. There ARE other teams represented on this board, shocking as it may seem. :p

:mad: if only Forney could magically lose a few hundred students and go back to 3A....

BobcatBenny
10-09-2007, 01:37 PM
I believe 22 Region 2 teams played games this week.

Txbroadcaster
10-09-2007, 01:41 PM
I say this not as an attack on Rix who is doing a great job BUT

big difference in board nominated POTW and a Region editor GOTW

The region editor should not be swayed by where members reside or root for..in fact I think they should find the GOTW that might not be well known but are important, this gives the members info and knowledge of teams they might not know about.

Again Rix is doing a good job with Region II page, I just like giving him a hard time about picking Celina as GOTW two times in a row

LH Panther Mom
10-09-2007, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
I believe 22 Region 2 teams played games this week.
Did the Celina players have crappy games? :p Oh, I remember.....no one gets mentioned because there are no "stars", only team members. Maybe the rest of teams have a similar thing when giving kudos to one or two kids? :confused:

Darren
10-09-2007, 01:47 PM
Hunter...

BobcatBenny
10-09-2007, 02:07 PM
Did the Celina players have crappy games? :p Oh, I remember.....no one gets mentioned because there are no "stars", only team members. Maybe the rest of teams have a similar thing when giving kudos to one or two kids? :confused:
Well it is possible that no other players in the region racked up any impressive stats. So if that was the case, so be it.

But I was not aware of any players that were at least 10/20 passing, close to 150 yds, or had 1 TD in Region 2. :rolleyes:

Old Green
10-09-2007, 08:37 PM
ttt