PDA

View Full Version : What kick had more pressure

Txbroadcaster
10-09-2007, 10:03 AM
Brown's winner for the Texans? Or Folk for the Boys?

I say Folk..I know it was 4 yards shorter..but it was on the road and if he misses they lose..Brown at home, he misses they go OT

discuss

Maroon87
10-09-2007, 10:05 AM
Definitely Folk. The entire nation was watching that kick.

Twice.

AP Panther Fan
10-09-2007, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Definitely Folk. The entire nation was watching that kick.

Twice.

Agreed. Didn't you feel just a bit sorry for the Bills fans? I think I saw one or two of those big manly guys shedding a tear in the final seconds..:bigcry:

:evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

VanKampen
10-09-2007, 10:26 AM
i can see why students cry after losing in the playoffs because those players are their friends and they want to win just as much as the players do. but why cry in the NFL? omg get a life

Bull19
10-09-2007, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by VanKampen
i can see why students cry after losing in the playoffs because those players are their friends and they want to win just as much as the players do. but why cry in the NFL? omg get a life

agreed.

Old Tiger
10-09-2007, 10:28 AM
There was a 9.5 on the views scale for TV. I don't know what that means but apparently it's pretty impressive.

Folk for the win was awesome.

pirate4state
10-09-2007, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Agreed. Didn't you feel just a bit sorry for the Bills fans? I think I saw one or two of those big manly guys shedding a tear in the final seconds..:bigcry:

Are you serious? wow I must have missed that!

and hell no I don't feel sorry for the Bills fans! They wouldn't have felt sorry for us!!!

AP Panther Fan
10-09-2007, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Are you serious? wow I must have missed that!

and hell no I don't feel sorry for the Bills fans! They wouldn't have felt sorry for us!!!

yep, I think it was one of the guys wearing a hard hat.

Romo commented after the game about the Bills fans and I am just wondering if he was trying to be nice. He said something to the effect that they were an enthusiastic crowd and great supporters of their team...

what he probably wanted to say was something like...

here you go Bills fans, would you like to have a little, shut the hell up now?

lakers
10-09-2007, 12:33 PM
yep, I think it was one of the guys wearing a hard hat.

Romo commented after the game about the Bills fans and I am just wondering if he was trying to be nice. He said something to the effect that they were an enthusiastic crowd and great supporters of their team...

what he probably wanted to say was something like...

here you go Bills fans, would you like to have a little, shut the hell up now? :evillol:
That would have been the funniest thing ever in sports history, there are not many that would have the balls to say something like that though...

eagles_victory
10-09-2007, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
There was a 9.5 on the views scale for TV. I don't know what that means but apparently it's pretty impressive.

Folk for the win was awesome. last year when the cowboys played the giants on monday night football and Romo came in during the 2nd half that was the most watched program in the history of cable tv

piratebg
10-09-2007, 12:37 PM

Go to the Bills message board and read some of the stuff they are saying. You won't feel sorry for long.

piratebg
10-09-2007, 12:38 PM
Oh, and Folks kick was the bigger kick. :thumbsup:

Darren
10-09-2007, 01:11 PM
Folks kick was bigger for 3 reasons.

First he had to kick it twice.

Second he is a rookie.

Third they had been written off in the game by everyone before the onside (what are the chances of recovering one of those 5%???)..... So it was that much more impressive to see a Rookie come through with a Career long given the circumstances.

crzyjournalist03
10-09-2007, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Darren
Folks kick was bigger for 3 reasons.

First he had to kick it twice.

Second he is a rookie.

Third they had been written off in the game by everyone before the onside (what are the chances of recovering one of those 5%???)..... So it was that much more impressive to see a Rookie come through with a Career long given the circumstances.

just for the record though, a rookie's career long isn't necessarily something impressive in and of itself...when you don't have many kicks in your record, it's easy to break (although that will be much tougher now)....

My favorite line in the postgame conferences was by Phillips when they asked about Folk's ability...he said "I've seen him miss kicks twice..." :D He wasn't talking about in succession...he said he'd just seen him miss two kicks since he was drafted.

super1
10-09-2007, 01:30 PM

They should be used to it. They HAVE lost 4 Super Bowls, dontcha know? :D

crzyjournalist03
10-09-2007, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by super1
They should be used to it. They HAVE lost 4 Super Bowls, dontcha know? :D

yeah...and just ask Tony Kornheiser...Buffalo fans have it better than most fans in the world...they get to go visit Niagara Falls whenever they want! ;)

Darren
10-09-2007, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
just for the record though, a rookie's career long isn't necessarily something impressive in and of itself...when you don't have many kicks in your record, it's easy to break (although that will be much tougher now)....

I understand that but they mentioned that this is the longest kick that he had made including his career in College. So that makes it pretty impressive in my book.

crzyjournalist03
10-09-2007, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Darren
I understand that but they mentioned that this is the longest kick that he had made including his career in College. So that makes it pretty impressive in my book.

Well that's an excellent point too! I wonder if he attempted them from that long in college or if he just has a stronger leg now? He has a boot on him now for sure...

Darren
10-09-2007, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Well that's an excellent point too! I wonder if he attempted them from that long in college or if he just has a stronger leg now? He has a boot on him now for sure...

I'm not sure but I was impressed with his ability. Both of those kicks were no doubters.