PDA

View Full Version : Joe Torre

Old Tiger
10-09-2007, 07:58 AM
Should he be fired? I don't think so.

BILLYFRED0000
10-09-2007, 08:01 AM
Yeah it is not his fault he has a team of egomaniacs. That was Steinbrenner's doing. Got to have a team.

STANG RED
10-09-2007, 09:50 AM
I hope they fire him! That way maybe he can go coach for an owner the will appreciate him. I hate the Yankee's, but I've always thought Joe Torre was real stand up guy, and deserved to be working for someone better than that A hole Steinbrenner. Torre has way too much class than to be working for that classless bunch anyway.

burnet44
10-09-2007, 10:26 AM
a person of his class deserves better
but with King George it wont matter
baseball is such a low percentage game
you cant buy championships
low percentage means 30% batting average is good
(yes now you will post how hard it is to hit a pitched ball)
you cant buy a championship
George hasnt learned that
I would think in failing health he would understand that
you cant buy health
you can buy treatment but not health
same as a pennant
you can by treatments but not the pennant

Torre is a first ballot HOF er
IMHO

crzyjournalist03
10-09-2007, 11:11 AM
I hope he gets fired!!!

And I hope A-rod opts out of his contract!

We could very well be witnessing the downfall of the Evil Empire before our own eyes.

George Steinbrunner = the Emperor in Star Wars
Joe Torre = Darth Vader

Eventually, Vader will see the light, stick it to the Emperor, and the Empire will crumble!!!

lakers
10-09-2007, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
I hope he gets fired!!!

And I hope A-rod opts out of his contract!

We could very well be witnessing the downfall of the Evil Empire before our own eyes.

George Steinbrunner = the Emperor in Star Wars
Joe Torre = Darth Vader

Eventually, Vader will see the light, stick it to the Emperor, and the Empire will crumble!!!
I agree, I hope he leaves and joins a team that will actually apprecaite him more.:D

zebrablue2
10-09-2007, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I hope they fire him! That way maybe he can go coach for an owner the will appreciate him. I hate the Yankee's, but I've always thought Joe Torre was real stand up guy, and deserved to be working for someone better than that A hole Steinbrenner. Torre has way too much class than to be working for that classless bunch anyway.

I agree with all said. Really believe he will go back to the broadcast booth, where he does a very good job. Joe is a class act. For steinbummer to come out and threaten his job during the playoff games shows just how much class he has, NONE.

crzyjournalist03
10-09-2007, 12:52 PM
Don't be surprised if Torre gets fired if the Cardinals come calling...with La Russa taking time to ponder his future, and the Cardinals saying this week that they're not going to wait forever, this seems like a perfect fit to me.

eagles_victory
10-09-2007, 12:54 PM
Don't be surprised if Torre gets fired if the Cardinals come calling...with La Russa taking time to ponder his future, and the Cardinals saying this week that they're not going to wait forever, this seems like a perfect fit to me. i dont know Joe seems like he might want some time off, and after being the manager of the Yankees imo any other job is a step down and i dont think Joe will go to another team right away. If the Yanks fire Toree I think they need to make a youth movement with the new manager coming in meaning let Rivera go and Chamberlin close

Maroon87
10-09-2007, 12:59 PM
Don't be surprised if Torre gets fired if the Cardinals come calling...with La Russa taking time to ponder his future, and the Cardinals saying this week that they're not going to wait forever, this seems like a perfect fit to me.

I've also seen La Russa's name listed as a possible replacement for Torre, but he doesn't strike me as the type that wants the aggravation of dealing with Steinbrenner or the NY media.

crzyjournalist03
10-09-2007, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
I've also seen La Russa's name listed as a possible replacement for Torre, but he doesn't strike me as the type that wants the aggravation of dealing with Steinbrenner or the NY media.

Joe Girardi seems like he wants the NY job...he turned down the O's job this summer because he had his eyes elswhere...

Maroon87
10-09-2007, 01:04 PM
Joe Girardi seems like he wants the NY job...he turned down the O's job this summer because he had his eyes elswhere...

True...

I still can't believe Florida fired that guy after one year...and he had them in playoff contention most of the season.:doh:

Bull Butter
10-09-2007, 01:06 PM
At 67, I wonder how much longer Joe wants to manage. On the other hand, any franchise other than the Yankees would be like a breath of fresh air to him.

Maroon87
10-09-2007, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
At 67, I wonder how much longer Joe wants to manage. On the other hand, any franchise other than the Yankees would be like a breath of fresh air to him.

I'd love for Torre to write a book someday about his Yankee tenure. He probably won't, but if he did I'd buy it....;)

crzyjournalist03
10-09-2007, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
I'd love for Torre to write a book someday about his Yankee tenure. He probably won't, but if he did I'd buy it....;)

haha...I'd like to read what he has to say about Gary Sheffield.