PDA

View Full Version : How good is this Cowboy offense?

Txbroadcaster
10-09-2007, 12:43 AM
5 Int..1 fumble, TERRIBLE field position for most of the game..running game never got going, TO had a bad night...

And they still score 25 points

I still remember a time( 2000,2001,2002) That 25 points for a Cowboy offense would have been amazing

Old Tiger
10-09-2007, 12:46 AM
With 6 turnovers in the game that's remarkable they have that many points and a win. Tonight was just an atrociously bad night for Tony Romo and TO. Some of the drops TO made are inexcusable but the others were over thrown and what not.

IMO this game will help them more leading up to their tough matchup with the Patriots because the coaches are not going to take the week lightly and they will be working even harder

BILLYFRED0000
10-09-2007, 07:55 AM
What I like is that they got the W but know they should not have. They have to bust their butt because they are not as good as they think they have. It is a character tester and builder and they know they were lucky.

Macarthur
10-09-2007, 09:40 AM
The issue with the entire NFL is that you can't make any judgement after a single game. It takes at least 6 weeks to really know anything about a team, IMO.

I think the offense is good, but they will have some inconsistencies because Tony is still a young QB.

3afan
10-09-2007, 09:43 AM
W

Darren
10-09-2007, 09:45 AM
Romo Barber, Witten and Crayton are my favorite players to watch. They give everything they have on every play.

And their offense is doing very well.

AP Panther Fan
10-09-2007, 10:13 AM
For the last three minutes of the game, I would have sworn I was watching college football. I haven't seen that drive and level of confidence from the Cowboys in a long time.

Obviously, we won't continue to win making that many mistakes, but it had to be a great "team building" exercise for them to build on. I think one of the funniest comments that I heard this morning on the news was that the Cowboys refused to lose, despite how hard their quarterback tried to beat them.:D

(I am a Marion Barber fan and am thinking I need a #24 jersey for game days. Next thing you know, I might need to have a few game day rituals. I have some close friends that were/are huge Rams fans...they are fanatical and funny):D

VanKampen
10-09-2007, 10:34 AM
7-17 combined record of patriots opponents
6-19 combined record of cowboys opponents

i think this may be an indicator of why they have looked so good, with the exception of this cowboys' game last night

crzyjournalist03
10-09-2007, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by VanKampen
7-17 combined record of patriots opponents
6-19 combined record of cowboys opponents

i think this may be an indicator of why they have looked so good, with the exception of this cowboys' game last night

those numbers mean nothing...the Cowboys whipped both the Giants and Bears, sending both teams into a temporary tailspin. Both teams right now look like legit playoff teams.

Let's say the Pats or Cowboys lose a couple of those games...suddenly, their opponents are pretty tough...

Good teams make decent teams look bad. If you don't think that the Cowboys, Colts, and Patriots are the three best teams in football at this point, you're crazy!