PDA

View Full Version : New England at Dallas

Gobbla2001
10-08-2007, 11:12 PM
was on another sports message board and people were saying after dallas won that they'd get their butts kicked in this game against the Pats (mostly Texans fans)...

I dunno, I don't think Romo has another bad night like this...

What really amazed me though is that Romo threw so many picks, and the Buffalo QB actually had a good game minus one pick, yet Dallas still won the game... that is scary...

TheDOCTORdre
10-08-2007, 11:13 PM
I tell you this though, New England aint no Buffalo

sinton66
10-08-2007, 11:15 PM
You realize that the Dallas D only gave up 3 points, right? Offense gave up 14 on ints, special teams gave up 7. And I agree, Tom Brady and Randy Moss don't play for the Bills.

Darren
10-08-2007, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
You realize that the Dallas D only gave up 3 points, right? Offense gave up 14 on ints, special teams gave up 7. And I agree, Tom Brady and Randy Moss don't play for the Bills.

Good point

Gobbla2001
10-08-2007, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre

Oh, by no means...

but next week's Dallas won't be this week's Dallas you have to believe...

Romo's not throwing these picks next week...

I'm not even a Dallas fan honestly... I don't root against 'em, but I'm not a fan... but I can clearly see that Dallas isn't the team we saw tonight, and if they don't make these mistakes they're scary...

Darren
10-08-2007, 11:17 PM
I think the thing about Romo is that he easily forgets... Hell he was laughing it off after the game...

I sure is nice to see him having fun out there...

TheDOCTORdre
10-08-2007, 11:17 PM
Dallas needs to watch out next week, and not for Moss or Brady, but if they aint careful, I could see Wes Welker giving them fits

BIG_STICK
10-08-2007, 11:40 PM
Wow are yall serious. 6 T.O.to the worst defence in the league, and one of the worst offenses. Give the Pats two turnovers and it will be a blowout. It will be one anyway

piratebg
10-08-2007, 11:45 PM
I also think the Buffalo crowd and overall atmosphere in the stadium had something to do with it. Everywhere their were signs about how they've waited 13 years for their MNF shot. They were very psyched, both the fans and the Bills.

Bull's-eye
10-08-2007, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by BIG_STICK
Wow are yall serious. 6 T.O.to the worst defence in the league, and one of the worst offenses. Give the Pats two turnovers and it will be a blowout. It will be one anyway

Dallas won't be looking ahead and I bet their fans will be just as loud as the Bills fans.

sinton66
10-08-2007, 11:51 PM
I think they tried to look ahead a bit tonight and it almost bit them. EVERYBODY was predicting a Dallas blowout. They went in flat and pretty much stayed that way. That plus the Bill's defense was playing way above themselves tonight. Got into the passing lanes, tipped a lot of balls and picked a bunch off.

Bull's-eye
10-08-2007, 11:53 PM
A lot of people were talking about this being a trap game.

IHStangFan
10-09-2007, 05:54 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
was on another sports message board and people were saying after dallas won that they'd get their butts kicked in this game against the Pats (mostly Texans fans)...

I dunno, I don't think Romo has another bad night like this...

What really amazed me though is that Romo threw so many picks, and the Buffalo QB actually had a good game minus one pick, yet Dallas still won the game... that is scary... Romo's problem this week was inexperience. He let all of the "Boys to the Bowl" talk cloud his head. The media was already hyping the "big game" between NE and Dallas and Dallas hadn't even taken the field against Buffalo yet....It appeared he got caught up in the hoopla and wasn't focused on the task at hand.

PS...NE is gonna crush the Dallas. Brady = Real deal....Romo = has alot of learing to do to be a true team leader.

TheDOCTORdre
10-09-2007, 06:59 AM
Romo looked pretty Brady-esque (sp) on that last drive after the onside kick

rundoe
10-09-2007, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Romo's problem this week was inexperience. He let all of the "Boys to the Bowl" talk cloud his head. The media was already hyping the "big game" between NE and Dallas and Dallas hadn't even taken the field against Buffalo yet....It appeared he got caught up in the hoopla and wasn't focused on the task at hand.

PS...NE is gonna crush the Dallas. Brady = Real deal....Romo = has alot of learing to do to be a true team leader.

I'll take that bet.

Dallas Defence.

Romo under pressure. Doesn't seem to bother him, he scrtews up and then puts his helmet back on and goes and plays

T.O pumps him back up. Weird combination.

piratebg
10-09-2007, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
A lot of people were talking about this being a trap game.

And I knew this was gonna jinx them. :mad: But the pulled it off in the end. That's all that matters. 5-0 baby. :D

BILLYFRED0000
10-09-2007, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by piratebg
And I knew this was gonna jinx them. :mad: But the pulled it off in the end. That's all that matters. 5-0 baby. :D

That's right. At the end of the season it ain't how pretty it's how many.

Macarthur
10-09-2007, 09:44 AM
Well, NE should will be favored, rightly so.

I have a hard to seeing Dallas (Romo) playing this poorly next week, but I still think the smart money is on NE.

crzyjournalist03
10-09-2007, 11:35 AM
I honestly think that this Buffalo game is the best thing that could have possibly happened leading up to New England.

The Cowboys proved to themselves that they can win when they play horribly. They played so bad that the coaches will be on them all week. The media this week will probably start talking about the Cowboys being a pretender and how much of a better team New England is. They'll be able to take the role of underdog into their home stadium.

It's reminding me a lot of Indy vs. Dallas last year...I'm just hoping for the same result. Home field could be HUGE in this one.

LH Panther Mom
10-09-2007, 12:09 PM
Dallas needs to watch out next week, and not for Moss or Brady, but if they aint careful, I could see Wes Welker giving them fits
He's not doing too shabby for a measly Red Raider and that "system" ball they play. :D He's on my FF team. :cheerl:

JJ7997
10-09-2007, 12:27 PM
Pats 38 Boys 14

SintonFan_inAustin
10-09-2007, 07:07 PM
Romo's problem this week was inexperience. He let all of the "Boys to the Bowl" talk cloud his head. The media was already hyping the "big game" between NE and Dallas and Dallas hadn't even taken the field against Buffalo yet....It appeared he got caught up in the hoopla and wasn't focused on the task at hand.

PS...NE is gonna crush the Dallas. Brady = Real deal....Romo = has alot of learing to do to be a true team leader. P.S... NE goes down like last years Super Bowl Champs Colts did when they came to Dallas last year. Cowboys against AFC for last 3 years:
Cowboys are 8-2 vs AFC teams since 2005. Best Record for any NFC team vs AFC.

Only losses have been to Jaguars 24-17 on opening day last year and a Loss to the Raiders in 2005 by a score of 19-13. Of those 8 wins, they beat the chargers 28-24, Colts 21-14(last year in which Manning was rattled the whole game by the defense), Titans last year 45-14, Texans 34-6, Kansas City 31-28 and the Broncos 21-14. This year the win over the Dolphins and Bills.

So dont bring this AFC mumbo jumbo, The COWBOYS own the AFC

grmfan93
10-09-2007, 07:52 PM
cowboys are going to take this one

Ranger354
10-09-2007, 08:06 PM
I was amazed at all the bad calls. TO was pushed out on that one long pass play. And face guarded on the 2pt conversion.

But TO also needs to catch the darn ball too. He still isn't worth the money to me.

It also seemed like the Bills knew we the boys were going to pass and when they were going to run. I have never seen LB that far back in the secondary unless they are chasing someone. Or stacked on the line for the run......

Maybe they had some old VHS tapes................

Old Tiger
10-09-2007, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
He's not doing too shabby for a measly Red Raider and that "system" ball they play. :D He's on my FF team. :cheerl: Too bad Wes Welker was known for his return game more than his receiving game ;) but whatever

Old Tiger
10-09-2007, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by Ranger354

But TO also needs to catch the darn ball too. He still isn't worth the money to me.

He led the league in touchdowns last year!

NDFootball
10-09-2007, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by BIG_STICK

And you base that on what??? :confused: :rolleyes:

The Cowboys defense is really starting to come together they haven't given up a touchdown in 12 quarters of football...pretty impressive no matter who you play against...and they get back Anthony Henry at some point in the season. Although I'm not sure it matters the way Jacque Reeves is playing right now he's really coming into his own.Terry Johnson will be a great addition to the team hopefully he will get his suspension reduced.

Romo will play better against NE, last night's game was one of the only few football games I've ever seen home field advantage have that much effect on either team at the NFL level.

themsu97
10-09-2007, 08:33 PM
whichever team VY starts for... best qb ever... makes everyone around him the best player ever... water boys can turn water into gatorade when he is around... can't wait for that game... he will even make TO catch every pass thrown to him...and not let Randy moss sound like such a hick

LH Panther Mom
10-09-2007, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Too bad Wes Welker was known for his return game more than his receiving game ;) but whatever
Well, DUH! Tell me something I didn't know. :p He's still not doing bad for me.....plus he's a good guy. :)

SintonFan_inAustin
10-09-2007, 11:16 PM
;) New England Patriots HAVE NEVER WON AT TEXAS STADIUM :)

JR2004
10-09-2007, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
He's not doing too shabby for a measly Red Raider and that "system" ball they play. :D He's on my FF team. :cheerl:

lol...Yeah you know those former Tech players just can't succeed in the NFL.

Wonder if San Diego wishes that they would've held onto him when they picked him up as a free agent following the draft. :thinking:

BILLYFRED0000
10-09-2007, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
;) New England Patriots HAVE NEVER WON AT TEXAS STADIUM :)

Then this will be the first time. I do not see the Boys stopping Brady enough and I do see them stopping Romo. It could be a good game. I think it comes down to what the coaches do for this game. I feel like the Boys may have the edge in needing to prove something and that does count. However the Pats are number 2 in both offense and defense and are only 11 yards total behind the boys number 1 O. The boys D is improving but we have not played anybody with an offense or QB like Brady yet this year. Dallas should lose this one unless the coaches get a little creative on the defensive side of things.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-09-2007, 11:23 PM
Recent Patriots-Cowboys games have tended to be low-scoring affairs, as neither team has scored more than 13 points in any of the last three matchups between the clubs.

New England holds an all-time combined regular-season record of 10-22 against the four NFC East teams - Dallas (2-7), New York Giants (4-3), Philadelphia (3- 6) and Washington (1-6).

The Patriots are 0-4 all-time against the Cowboys on the road.

From 2003-04, Patriot Laurence Maroney and Marion Barber III, of Dallas, became the first running back tandem in NCAA Division I-A history from the same team to each gain over 1,000 yards rushing in consecutive seasons when they accomplished the feat at Minnesota.

Quarterback Tom Brady is scheduled to start against the Cowboys for the second time in his career and for the first time in Dallas. Brady is 20-7 (.741) when starting in a stadium for the first time. In the Patriots' 12-0 win over Dallas on Nov. 16, 2003, Brady completed 15-of-34 passes (41.1 percent) for 212 yards with no touchdowns and no interceptions for a 64.8 passer rating. Cowboys signal caller Tony Romo is slated to face the Patriots for the first time in his career.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-09-2007, 11:31 PM
Comparisons of Brady and Romo go beyond the fact they once held the clipboard for Drew Bledsoe. Going into last weekend, New England and Dallas were ranked first and second in the NFL in total offense.

BILLYFRED0000
10-10-2007, 12:45 AM
Comparisons of Brady and Romo go beyond the fact they once held the clipboard for Drew Bledsoe. Going into last weekend, New England and Dallas were ranked first and second in the NFL in total offense.

I like Romo but Brady is tops. Romo may get there but I put more faith in the Dallas D this year to get better and better and hopefully peak in the playoffs. Good D gets the O lots of chances.

cat_eyes76
10-10-2007, 01:39 AM
The Pats will still pull it off, but provided Romo bounces back:
Pats - 24
'Boys - 21

If Romo doesn't bounce back
Pats - 31
'Boys - 9 (All Folk FG's)

vet93
10-10-2007, 08:05 AM
I am a cowboy fan but I have to give the edge to the Patriots. They will be pumped for this game for alot of reasons so they won't be flat. They are a more complete team right now. Dallas has the opportunity to be very good and actually better than they are right now if they can get healthy on defense and get a little more accustomed to the new scheme. Romo needs to have a perfect game for this to be a competitive game and the boys have got to establish a running game to beat the Patriots. I think the Pats will take this one by 7 to 10 points.

Bearkat
10-10-2007, 08:31 AM
Should be a great game. Two very good teams with good QB's. I would say new england has the slight advantage due to QB experience. Let's go COWBOYS!!!

Texasfootball2
10-10-2007, 08:50 AM
Recent Patriots-Cowboys games have tended to be low-scoring affairs, as neither team has scored more than 13 points in any of the last three matchups between the clubs.

New England holds an all-time combined regular-season record of 10-22 against the four NFC East teams - Dallas (2-7), New York Giants (4-3), Philadelphia (3- 6) and Washington (1-6).

The Patriots are 0-4 all-time against the Cowboys on the road.

From 2003-04, Patriot Laurence Maroney and Marion Barber III, of Dallas, became the first running back tandem in NCAA Division I-A history from the same team to each gain over 1,000 yards rushing in consecutive seasons when they accomplished the feat at Minnesota.

Quarterback Tom Brady is scheduled to start against the Cowboys for the second time in his career and for the first time in Dallas. Brady is 20-7 (.741) when starting in a stadium for the first time. In the Patriots' 12-0 win over Dallas on Nov. 16, 2003, Brady completed 15-of-34 passes (41.1 percent) for 212 yards with no touchdowns and no interceptions for a 64.8 passer rating. Cowboys signal caller Tony Romo is slated to face the Patriots for the first time in his career.

The past combined record against the NFC East is irrelevant. Comparing Apples to Oranges. I'm a huge Cowboy fan and I think that playing a game like they did in Buffalo on Monday night will make them a better team and give them a better chance of beating the Patriots. The atmosphere in Buffalo was electric and the players feed off of that, and the atmosphere in Texas Stadium will be very much the same. Even the old sit on your hands Cowboy fans from the past will be going crazy. I think this game will actually live up to it's billing unlike most Big Hyped Up Games. Brady is a cool customer put I think the Cowboys Defense will be the first defense to put some pressure on him and force him to make some plays on the run. Up till now he has had no pressure, and with his recievers it's been all to easy. The Wade Phillips affect is starting to show with this defense and Phillips is pretty familiar with the Patriots from his AFC days as a coordinator. I don't think either team will score more than 25 points and after last week I give the Boys and edge in the kicking game, which could be the difference.

Ranger Mom
10-10-2007, 09:00 AM
I need to make plans...what time will this game start???

crzyjournalist03
10-10-2007, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by NDFootball
And you base that on what??? :confused: :rolleyes:

The Cowboys defense is really starting to come together they haven't given up a touchdown in 12 quarters of football...pretty impressive no matter who you play against...and they get back Anthony Henry at some point in the season. Although I'm not sure it matters the way Jacque Reeves is playing right now he's really coming into his own.Terry Johnson will be a great addition to the team hopefully he will get his suspension reduced.

Romo will play better against NE, last night's game was one of the only few football games I've ever seen home field advantage have that much effect on either team at the NFL level.

I believe he was referencing the Bills in that post, saying that's all the Cowboys could muster against a team as inept as that.

crzyjournalist03
10-10-2007, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I need to make plans...what time will this game start???

3:15 on CBS

pirate4state
10-10-2007, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by vet93
I am a cowboy fan but I have to give the edge to the Patriots. They will be pumped for this game for alot of reasons so they won't be flat. They are a more complete team right now. Dallas has the opportunity to be very good and actually better than they are right now if they can get healthy on defense and get a little more accustomed to the new scheme. Romo needs to have a perfect game for this to be a competitive game and the boys have got to establish a running game to beat the Patriots. I think the Pats will take this one by 7 to 10 points. I agree!!! Well said! :clap:

I think the only way we win is if our "D" can create some TOs and rattle Brady. If we can't do that, then we lose, but I'll still be rooting for the 'BOYS to pull off the upset!!! :cheerl: :cheerl:

rundoe
10-10-2007, 09:10 AM

Sure not and they won't have as many picks either.

rundoe
10-10-2007, 09:13 AM

He's done pretty good so far!!

crzyjournalist03
10-10-2007, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I agree!!! Well said! :clap:

I think the only way we win is if our "D" can create some TOs and rattle Brady. If we can't do that, then we lose, but I'll still be rooting for the 'BOYS to pull off the upset!!! :cheerl: :cheerl:

I'm telling you...the more and more that I read and think about this game, I'm getting flashbacks of undefeated Indy coming in here last year and getting their butts whooped...

pirate4state
10-10-2007, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
I'm telling you...the more and more that I read and think about this game, I'm getting flashbacks of undefeated Indy coming in here last year and getting their butts whooped... LOL okay. I'm all for a win here, but if we lose - we lose. It isn't the end of the world, it doesn't keep us out of the playoffs, etc., etc....but it sure would be NICE to beat the Patriots who have been crowned the best team ever behind USC. ;) :D

crzyjournalist03
10-10-2007, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
LOL okay. I'm all for a win here, but if we lose - we lose. It isn't the end of the world, it doesn't keep us out of the playoffs, etc., etc....but it sure would be NICE to beat the Patriots who have been crowned the best team ever behind USC. ;) :D

oh totally...nobody's going 0-16...I'd love to see the Boys beat the Pats, the Pats beat the Colts, and have the 'Boys go undefeated, but let's be realistic...

I'll honestly be shocked if this game ends up more than a 10 point differential either way. The Cowboys pass rush has improved every week, and I know Moss' history against Dallas, but the Cowboys haven't exactly had the type of CB that they have in Newman right now either...I'm predicting a score in the high 20s for each team, and the winner just might be whoever has the ball last.

Texasfootball2
10-10-2007, 10:07 AM
The biggest thing that seperates the Patriots from other good teams is they never, never, never, beat themselves. You have to play sound misstake free football to beat them and hope you get a late turnover, missed FG, or a timely drive stopping holding penalty late in game. Their talented, smart, and sound. I'm glad the Cowboys made so many mistakes last week, it will not some cocky-ness of their shoulder and bring a lot of focus in practice this week. Like I said earlier, I think this game will live up to it's billing for a change.