PDA

View Full Version : We now find out about Romo

Txbroadcaster
10-08-2007, 08:51 PM
This is where we learn if Romo is really the guy now

VanKampen
10-08-2007, 08:52 PM
of course he's the guy. i just dont see why he thinks its so funny that he's thrown 4 ints

SintonFan_inAustin
10-08-2007, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by VanKampen
of course he's the guy. i just dont see why he thinks its so funny that he's thrown 4 ints He is laughing at himself , most likely thinking he cant believe hows hes playing.

sww-bull52
10-08-2007, 09:00 PM
It's not only Romo sucking right now. Defense can't tackle either.

Old Tiger
10-08-2007, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by sww-bull52
It's not only Romo sucking right now. Defense can't tackle either. Thank goodness for the defense

Txbroadcaster
10-08-2007, 09:03 PM
Defense has given up 3 points..They are keeping us in this game

3afan
10-08-2007, 09:04 PM
of course he's the guy. i just dont see why he thinks its so funny that he's thrown 4 ints

:rolleyes:

Snyder_TigerFan
10-08-2007, 09:09 PM
4 ints and down by 7, I'll take it.

IHStangFan
10-09-2007, 06:01 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
:rolleyes: rolleyes? no...seriously...what was so funny about it. Even my wife goes "what is that dumbass laughing at...hes playing like crap...he should be crying not laughing" and I tend to agree.

3afan
10-09-2007, 06:05 AM
no one on earth knows more than Tony what the ramification of his INTs are ... what is he supposed to do, go back to the bench and knock over a table and sit down and cry? you move on, and yes, laugh at yourself if need be. you really think Tony thinks his INTs are funny?

IHStangFan
10-09-2007, 06:20 AM
no one on earth knows more than Tony what the ramification of his INTs are ... what is he supposed to do, go back to the bench and knock over a table and sit down and cry? you move on, and yes, laugh at yourself if need be. you really think Tony thinks his INTs are funny? no, but taking it seriously and showing a little professionalism might have been a bit more appropriate considering he's supposed to be the leader of "his" team. It reflects to me where his mind was at...also might reflect to some that he doesn't take his position as the starting QB of the Dallas Cowboys seriously....just a thought....but honestly...I could care less really...just an observation. I know in most professions if an employee made several costly mistakes that could effect the outcome of THE company goal, that person would be out of a job....that is my only point really...professionalism.

3afan
10-09-2007, 06:31 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
...also might reflect to some that he doesn't take his position as the starting QB of the Dallas Cowboys seriously.......

tell me you really dont think that about anyone who has laughed at themselves in a down moment ... it happens in nearly every game in every sport. i'm sure you have done it yourself (made a mistake, laughed and thought to yourself "what a moron!"). i know i have .....

but its your observation, cool. :p

IHStangFan
10-09-2007, 06:45 AM
tell me you really dont think that about anyone who has laughed at themselves in a down moment ... it happens in nearly every game in every sport. i'm sure you have done it yourself (made a mistake, laughed and thought to yourself "what a moron!"). i know i have .....

but its your observation, cool. :p yeah....I have...but I'm not the starting QB for the Dallas Cowboys on national television either. You must have missed my point about professionalism and projecting a certain leadership quality by taking your job seriously. When I'm at work...and I make a mistake, ESPECIALLY if I'm in the spotlight....no, I can say w/ 100% certainty that I am not laughing. Didn't mean to hurt your feelings or talk bad about your man-crush Tony Romo....geez! :kiss:

3afan
10-09-2007, 07:22 AM
you kissing me?!?!?!? :eek:

Darren
10-09-2007, 07:29 AM
rolleyes? no...seriously...what was so funny about it. Even my wife goes "what is that dumbass laughing at...hes playing like crap...he should be crying not laughing" and I tend to agree.

I disagree...

Thats what I like about Romo. Nothing bothers him. He always has a smile on his face and he knows when to laugh at himself.

Would you prefer that he gets down on himself because he threw those picks and carry that feeling into next week?

Darren
10-09-2007, 07:30 AM
Plus I think that he was just happy that the team carried him through to a win.

rundoe
10-09-2007, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

I guess we know now!!

Darren
10-09-2007, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by rundoe
I guess we know now!!

I agree. He is a gunslinger and we all know it. These kind of preformances happen with gunslingers from time to time.

PLus didn't Troy throw 5 picks in one game early in his career? I think that he turned out to be pretty good.

STANG RED
10-09-2007, 07:56 AM
Obviously Romo handled the situation perfectly, and the end result is the proof.

IHStangFan
10-09-2007, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Darren
I disagree...

Thats what I like about Romo. Nothing bothers him. He always has a smile on his face and he knows when to laugh at himself.

Would you prefer that he gets down on himself because he threw those picks and carry that feeling into next week? LOL...geezus...you people are missing the point...who said ANYTHING about "getting down on himself" I'm talking about exuding just a hint PROFESSIONALISM and getting the job done...which he clearly did not. Luckily the D played pretty well and Barber was running strong...but I digress... this is a losing battle, I'm surrounded by Cowboy homers and Tony Romo disciples. :rolleyes: All hail Tony Romo, the greatest thing to ever put on a Cowboys jersey. :thumbsup:

crzyjournalist03
10-09-2007, 11:20 AM
LOL...geezus...you people are missing the point...who said ANYTHING about "getting down on himself" I'm talking about exuding just a hint PROFESSIONALISM and getting the job done...which he clearly did not. Luckily the D played pretty well and Barber was running strong...but I digress... this is a losing battle, I'm surrounded by Cowboy homers and Tony Romo disciples. :rolleyes: All hail Tony Romo, the greatest thing to ever put on a Cowboys jersey. :thumbsup:

Notice the naysayer here has been a Romo basher from Day One...we had several offseason discussions where you explained that you didn't like him because something about him rubs you the wrong way...call us all homers, and maybe some of us are, but maybe you have blinders on and don't want to see the good in him because every time Romo is brought up on this board, you seem to have something negative to say.

While the commentators were discussing how he looked "stunned" and showed the closeup of him with his helmet on standing on the sideline, I saw what I thought was a smirk. He seemed to me to be saying "This is ridiculous...So what? I'm Tony Freaking' Romo, and this is MY team!" My co-workers were talking this morning about his poise and how confident he seemed even when everything was going wrong. There's something to be said about a QB's leadership ability when his team puts up 25 points, he passes for over 300 yards, and runs a near-perfect two minute offense to lead his team back in the fourth quarter.

And if you don't think that he showed professionalism and leadership going out after his SIXTH turnover and leading the team on two scoring drives in the closing minutes of the game to lead his team to victory and not crumbling or giving in, I really don't know what you want from the guy.

bandera7
10-09-2007, 11:24 AM
I really dont like Romo either. But I dont think him laughing on the sidelines was neccesarily a bad thing. Its good to try to keep yourself from getting to uptight. If you cant relax and just go play football you will start forcing things. You start thinking about your throws, instead of just throwing. And then he would have started second guessing himself, and that is never good.

3afan
10-09-2007, 11:25 AM
that was really my only point ............ i just dont see how a smile on the sideline = unprofessionaliism - from any athlete

IHStangFan
10-09-2007, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Notice the naysayer here has been a Romo basher from Day One...we had several offseason discussions where you explained that you didn't like him because something about him rubs you the wrong way...call us all homers, and maybe some of us are, but maybe you have blinders on and don't want to see the good in him because every time Romo is brought up on this board, you seem to have something negative to say.

While the commentators were discussing how he looked "stunned" and showed the closeup of him with his helmet on standing on the sideline, I saw what I thought was a smirk. He seemed to me to be saying "This is ridiculous...So what? I'm Tony Freaking' Romo, and this is MY team!" My co-workers were talking this morning about his poise and how confident he seemed even when everything was going wrong. There's something to be said about a QB's leadership ability when his team puts up 25 points, he passes for over 300 yards, and runs a near-perfect two minute offense to lead his team back in the fourth quarter.

And if you don't think that he showed professionalism and leadership going out after his SIXTH turnover and leading the team on two scoring drives in the closing minutes of the game to lead his team to victory and not crumbling or giving in, I really don't know what you want from the guy. RIGHT YOU ARE...it is no secret I am not a fan of Tony Romo....again..because of his lack of professionalism. WOW...not sure how many more times I can say that. Peyton Manning...THAT is a team leader, a student of the game...all business. Throw accomplishments out the window..if I was a coach or an owner, I'd want my QB to emulate that work ethic and sense of professionalism. If my starting QB had thrown 5 INTs and was snickering about it because hes "Tony Freakin Romo" I'd of benched his ass for not having his head in the game and given him a serious talk about an attitude adjustment. It is just my opinion Tony Romo is not on the field to amuse himself...hence just another reason for me not to care for him. You can get your feathers all ruffled if you'd like, but week in and week out he proves to me he's got a lot of maturing to do. Does he have the game in him? Absolutely! Does he have the makings of a great QB? 100%. Time for him to put away the ego fueled "I'm Tony Freakin Romo" mentality and win for the Cowboys and not for Tony Romo....because "Tony Freakin Romo is a virtual nobody when compared to the greats...hes gotta earn it first, and 15 or so starts and a handful of wins doesn't make him anything special like he (and/or most of you people) seems to think he is at this point. That's just one man's opinion though. To each his own.

3afan
10-09-2007, 11:39 AM
you gotta get over someone laughing at himself LOL ... you said yourself you've done it !!! that has nothing to do with unprofessionalism IMO

now whats with the SFA 'Jacks being 0-5 ?!?!?! :eek: whas up with that?

IHStangFan
10-09-2007, 11:41 AM
you gotta get over someone laughing at himself LOL ... you said yourself you've done it !!! that has nothing to do with unprofessionalism IMO

now whats with the SFA 'Jacks being 0-5 ?!?!?! :eek: whas up with that? For me the professionalism thing just applies here because of the publicity and the fact that kids look up to athletes. I know in my line of work when a mistake is made, there is no room for laughter.

SFA is 0-5? dang....how many of those have been conf. games if any?

3afan
10-09-2007, 11:45 AM
0-1 in SLC, lost to SE La Saturday

Rabbit'93
10-09-2007, 11:50 AM
IHStang- do you think Brett Favre is unprofessional, especially as of late. These guys have fun with what they do. Should they always be stoic and show no emotion at all. I wish manning would show some emotion at times.

You mentioned your line of work......we're talking about football though. A game.

GOFOR2
10-09-2007, 11:58 AM

Alot of that had to do with the OTs getting their butts kicked by the Bills' DEs. They kept the pressure on him and contained him inside the pocket, which made him uncomfortable. He was very timid. Give the man, or any QB for that matter, a little protection and he will make plays. There was also a lot of energy in Orchard Park...had to have been a tough place to play.

Txbroadcaster
10-09-2007, 12:15 PM
RIGHT YOU ARE...it is no secret I am not a fan of Tony Romo....again..because of his lack of professionalism. WOW...not sure how many more times I can say that. Peyton Manning...THAT is a team leader, a student of the game...all business. Throw accomplishments out the window..if I was a coach or an owner, I'd want my QB to emulate that work ethic and sense of professionalism. If my starting QB had thrown 5 INTs and was snickering about it because hes "Tony Freakin Romo" I'd of benched his ass for not having his head in the game and given him a serious talk about an attitude adjustment. It is just my opinion Tony Romo is not on the field to amuse himself...hence just another reason for me not to care for him. You can get your feathers all ruffled if you'd like, but week in and week out he proves to me he's got a lot of maturing to do. Does he have the game in him? Absolutely! Does he have the makings of a great QB? 100%. Time for him to put away the ego fueled "I'm Tony Freakin Romo" mentality and win for the Cowboys and not for Tony Romo....because "Tony Freakin Romo is a virtual nobody when compared to the greats...hes gotta earn it first, and 15 or so starts and a handful of wins doesn't make him anything special like he (and/or most of you people) seems to think he is at this point. That's just one man's opinion though. To each his own.

I have to disagree...Him "laughing" is his device to shake off a bad throw, series, half or whatever. Does not mean he is not intense enough of is not a leader. I dont really see this ego you feel he has that is any bigger than any other confident QB that is starting in the NFL...To me I am more concerned when he gets his head down and lets the plays bother him

Joe Montana is known as one of the greatest leaders ever in the NFL and he is famous for going into the huddle to start the game winning drive agianst Cincy in the SB and first thing out of his mouth is hey guys is that (cant remember the famous chick he thought it was) and cracking up the huddle and that seemed to work out fine.

IHStangFan
10-09-2007, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93
IHStang- do you think Brett Favre is unprofessional, especially as of late. These guys have fun with what they do. Should they always be stoic and show no emotion at all. I wish manning would show some emotion at times.

You mentioned your line of work......we're talking about football though. A game. theres a big diff. between Brett Farve's smile and Romo's smirk....and to compare the two as QBs is almost just as silly. Manning......Manning is all business, and that's why when he's done he'll get the greatest of all time. Football..the game...is their job, and they are expected to go out and perform/conduct themselves as professionals. Celebrating a win, or..hell..for that matter ...something positive is quite alright by me..but when you've thrown 5 picks, and you're in danger of losing and the majority of the blame lays on YOU...I don't think smirking is a natural reaction. You people think Romo is the next coming of Aikmen or Staubach, I think hes a cocky, ego-maniac who needs to do some growing up if he's gonna become what he COULD be. Let's just agree to disagree. Okay...I'm done w/ this discussion. I don't want anymore Tony Romo worshipers asking me "do you think" questions, cause I've told you all what I think. Have a good day :)

Txbroadcaster
10-09-2007, 12:28 PM
All I have ever asked u is WHY do u think he is has such a big ego and that it is such a problem?

crzyjournalist03
10-09-2007, 12:50 PM
All I have ever asked u is WHY do u think he is has such a big ego and that it is such a problem?

believe me, we've been there before...this is what he came up with:

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=68869&perpage=15&highlight=romo&pagenumber=4

just for the record though, if you've ever watched Peyton Manning in games where he's thrown 2-3 picks (I know, rarity, but it happens), he is usually seen on the sidelines with the same smirk. He may not be laughing, but that's just a personality difference.

Maroon87
10-09-2007, 12:55 PM
I thought Romo's postgame interview was hilarious...

Interviewer: "How did you shake off those 4 first half picks?"

Romo: "It was four? It seemed like seven."

IHStangFan is entitled to his opinion but I'd rather have Romo smirking on the sideline than sitting with a towel over his head like some QBs do. Just my $.02...:)

Txbroadcaster
10-09-2007, 01:16 PM
believe me, we've been there before...this is what he came up with:

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=68869&perpage=15&highlight=romo&pagenumber=4

just for the record though, if you've ever watched Peyton Manning in games where he's thrown 2-3 picks (I know, rarity, but it happens), he is usually seen on the sidelines with the same smirk. He may not be laughing, but that's just a personality difference.

ahhh did not know he tangled with my wife over it HAHAHA

crzyjournalist03
10-09-2007, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87

IHStangFan is entitled to his opinion but I'd rather have Romo smirking on the sideline than sitting with a towel over his head like some QBs do. Just my $.02...:)

I think that's the reason I love him and IHStangFan doesn't like him...

To me, I enjoy seeing someone who is relaxed and clearly thoroughly enjoying what he's doing and is able to admit his mistakes and joke about them. But I guess it just doesn't come across that way to some.

piratebg
10-09-2007, 01:22 PM
I think that's the reason I love him and IHStangFan doesn't like him...

To me, I enjoy seeing someone who is relaxed and clearly thoroughly enjoying what he's doing and is able to admit his mistakes and joke about them. But I guess it just doesn't come across that way to some.

And I'd have to agree. A smile or a smirk would make me feel better than a look of frustration. Composure is the key.

Txbroadcaster
10-09-2007, 01:23 PM
At least he did not crawl into a ball and start whimpering...actually that might have been kinda funny to see

crzyjournalist03
10-09-2007, 01:25 PM
At least he did not crawl into a ball and start whimpering...actually that might have been kinda funny to see

haha...I was actually pretty ticked at Brad Johnson when they did that report that he had put down his clipboard, put on his helmet, and was standing on the sideline...don't know if he did that on his own or coaches told him to get ready, but if you listen to Phillips, I'd bet on the former...

pirate4state
10-09-2007, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87

:thumbsup:

Who cares if IHStang doesn't like Tony Romo or thinks he is unprofessional?? He's from INGLESIDE!!! What does he know? :evillol: :evillol: :kiss:

Txbroadcaster
10-09-2007, 01:26 PM
haha...I was actually pretty ticked at Brad Johnson when they did that report that he had put down his clipboard, put on his helmet, and was standing on the sideline...don't know if he did that on his own or coaches told him to get ready, but if you listen to Phillips, I'd bet on the former...

BAD reporting

He was getting ready in case he had to rush out for FG at end of first half

crzyjournalist03
10-09-2007, 01:28 PM
BAD reporting

He was getting ready in case he had to rush out for FG at end of first half

oh ok...then I take it back. :)

If Johnson had been standing on the sidelines getting into the game though...I'd want his HEAD!!!! :mad:

pirate4state
10-09-2007, 01:28 PM
I thought I heard them talking about Johnson putting on his helmet to talk to the officials??? :confused:

What does it matter???? The game is OVER! Bring on the Pats!! :cheerl:

crzyjournalist03
10-09-2007, 01:30 PM
I guess that's what you get with women on the sidelines doing the reporting... :devil: :evillol: :evil:

yes...I'm joking

ronwx5x
10-09-2007, 01:30 PM
theres a big diff. between Brett Farve's smile and Romo's smirk....and to compare the two as QBs is almost just as silly. Manning......Manning is all business, and that's why when he's done he'll get the greatest of all time. Football..the game...is their job, and they are expected to go out and perform/conduct themselves as professionals. Celebrating a win, or..hell..for that matter ...something positive is quite alright by me..but when you've thrown 5 picks, and you're in danger of losing and the majority of the blame lays on YOU...I don't think smirking is a natural reaction. You people think Romo is the next coming of Aikmen or Staubach, I think hes a cocky, ego-maniac who needs to do some growing up if he's gonna become what he COULD be. Let's just agree to disagree. Okay...I'm done w/ this discussion. I don't want anymore Tony Romo worshipers asking me "do you think" questions, cause I've told you all what I think. Have a good day :)

I know IHStang says he's gone, but in my uneducated estimation, Romo is still better than Quincey Carter!

Darren
10-09-2007, 01:31 PM
It’s a defense mechanism.... Some people get down and hang there head, some people use excuses and still others use laughter to deflect scrutiny.

He admitted that he didn't do well and he thanked his defense for bailing him out. I don't know that more you could ask of a guy.

After you played a game like that wouldn't you be happy to come out of there with a win?

Sweetwater Red
10-09-2007, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I thought I heard them talking about Johnson putting on his helmet to talk to the officials??? :confused:

That's exactly what he was doing. He put his helmet on so he
wouldn't get the Emmitt Smith penalty when he went on the field.

pirate4state
10-09-2007, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
That's exactly what he was doing. He put his helmet on so he
wouldn't get the Emmitt Smith penalty when he went on the field.

Just how many damned rules are there in the NFL b/c of Cowboy players?? HATERS!! :D

crzyjournalist03
10-09-2007, 01:36 PM
Just how many damned rules are there in the NFL b/c of Cowboy players?? HATERS!! :D

LOL...I was explaining the horsecollar rule to my wife last night and remembered that it was T.O. that Williams tore up...funny how things change...

pirate4state
10-09-2007, 01:46 PM
from wikipedia ---- 7 rules --- I'm sure that is more than any other NFL team :eek:

-the Deion Sanders rule[9] -- Player salary rule which correlates a contract's signing bonus with its yearly salary. Enacted after Deion Sanders signed with the Dallas Cowboys in 1995 for a minimum salary and a $13 million signing bonus. (There is also a college football rule with this nickname.)

-the Emmitt Smith rule[8] -- A player cannot remove his helmet while on the field of play, except in the case of obvious medical difficulty. Enacted in 1997.

-the Erik Williams rule[citation needed] -- no hands to the facemask by offensive linemen

-the Mel Renfro rule[8] -- allows a second player on the offense to catch a tipped ball, without a defender subsequently touching it. Enacted in 1978.

-the Michael Irvin rule[citation needed] -- no taunting. Another rule, resulting in offensive pass interference, prohibiting WRs to push off CBs, is also often called "the Michael Irvin rule."

-the Roy Williams rule[15] -- no horse-collar tackles. Enacted in 2005 when Williams broke Terrell Owens's ankle and Musa Smith's leg on horse-collar tackles during the previous season.

-the Tony Romo rule[17] -- Teams will now be given 45 minutes - 25 extra minutes than in years past - to prepare the balls for the game; and 12 sequentially numbered "K" balls will be used in the game, monitored by an official, instead of the ball boys.

Maroon87
10-09-2007, 01:48 PM
from wikipedia ---- 7 rules --- I'm sure that is more than any other NFL team :eek:

-the Deion Sanders rule[9] -- Player salary rule which correlates a contract's signing bonus with its yearly salary. Enacted after Deion Sanders signed with the Dallas Cowboys in 1995 for a minimum salary and a $13 million signing bonus. (There is also a college football rule with this nickname.)

-the Emmitt Smith rule[8] -- A player cannot remove his helmet while on the field of play, except in the case of obvious medical difficulty. Enacted in 1997.

-the Erik Williams rule[citation needed] -- no hands to the facemask by offensive linemen

-the Mel Renfro rule[8] -- allows a second player on the offense to catch a tipped ball, without a defender subsequently touching it. Enacted in 1978.

-the Michael Irvin rule[citation needed] -- no taunting. Another rule, resulting in offensive pass interference, prohibiting WRs to push off CBs, is also often called "the Michael Irvin rule."

-the Roy Williams rule[15] -- no horse-collar tackles. Enacted in 2005 when Williams broke Terrell Owens's ankle and Musa Smith's leg on horse-collar tackles during the previous season.

-the Tony Romo rule[17] -- Teams will now be given 45 minutes - 25 extra minutes than in years past - to prepare the balls for the game; and 12 sequentially numbered "K" balls will be used in the game, monitored by an official, instead of the ball boys.

I think the number of Cowboy- inspired rules nealry equals the number of Cowboy players in the Hall of Fame.:p

crzyjournalist03
10-10-2007, 09:47 AM
There are some great articles on ESPN.com's front page today about Romo...I found this article to be some of the best sports reading I've done in a while.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=wojciechowski_gene&id=3055891&sportCat=nfl

chaingang
10-10-2007, 10:58 AM
There are some great articles on ESPN.com's front page today about Romo...I found this article to be some of the best sports reading I've done in a while.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=wojciechowski_gene&id=3055891&sportCat=nfl

Awesome!! I love it. Kind of taunting though.:D

crzyjournalist03
10-10-2007, 12:21 PM
This one's especially for IHStangFan:

www.tonyfreakingromo.com

What can I say? The guy's a stud! ;)

buff4life
10-10-2007, 12:53 PM

he's laughing because his team won...

quarterbacks have to have a short memory and he can't dwell on this one bad game that he had...he has to put in the past and laugh about it and move on...yet take his mistakes seriously