PDA

View Full Version : YEAH I'M LOOKIN AHEAD!!!

sinfan75
10-28-2002, 08:31 PM
REMEMBER IF IF IF Sinton and Burnet meet,where should they play and who do ya think would win.I'll save prediction for IF it happens!HA!HA!

Chris Hart
10-28-2002, 09:09 PM
I really think Sinton should make the reg. final very easily, I don't see a real threat to them in districts 29/31/32. However I think Burnet's second round opponent, probably Gonzales/Wharton winner. Cuero is still a possibility, but I think it will be Wharton. Wharton could possibly test Burnet, but barring an upset in the second round for Burnet, it will happen. I will also wait on the prediction, until if/when it happens. I will say, it would be a monster match-up. I hope it happens.

eye of the tiger
10-28-2002, 09:44 PM
I think San Antonio would be a good place for Sinton to play Burnet. It is 138 miles from Sinton and 93 from Burnet so a little travel edge for Burnet but not really that much. What a great game that will be if it happens.

sinton66
10-28-2002, 10:37 PM
I'm guessing it would have to be the Alamodome or Memorial stadium in Victoria, depending on which one is available. I too prefer to wait til it happens to try a prediction.

BHSchrldr
10-28-2002, 10:55 PM
well, if burnet makes it that far, it should be an awesome game...cant wait to cheer for it!!! good luck both teams!

SintonFan
10-28-2002, 11:25 PM
I've seen both teams and they rock!
This would be a great matchup!

Happy Halloween!!!

sinton66
10-28-2002, 11:30 PM
And Happy Birthday to Sinton66?(today, not halloween)

<small>[ October 28, 2002, 10:35 PM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

Chris Hart
10-28-2002, 11:52 PM
Happy Birthday 66!!! I hope it was a good one. I hope this game happens, it would be a great game between two very good teams. But I would also like to meet all you guys, and I couldn't think of a better way to meet yall, than at a Burnet/Sinton Regional championship game. I don't really like to look that far ahead, but if either team doesn't make it to that game, I will be very disheartened. I will be rooting for you guys!!!

Again Happy Birthday 66!!!

sinton66
10-29-2002, 12:07 AM
Thanks, Chris, it has been a good one, and we're rooting for you guys too!

therealbulldogs
10-29-2002, 01:11 AM
I would suggest to play the game at Alamo Stadium but I doubt that Sinton wants to play there again.

SintonFan
10-29-2002, 04:47 AM
therealbulldogs:
I would suggest to play the game at Alamo Stadium but I doubt that Sinton wants to play there again.That was when Sinton had Davis.
Now they have Mitchell.
He might not be so superstitous.

Happy Birthday 66!!!!!!

<small>[ October 29, 2002, 03:48 AM: Message edited by: SintonFan ]</small>

SintonFan
10-29-2002, 04:48 AM
therealbulldogs:
I would suggest to play the game at Alamo Stadium but I doubt that Sinton wants to play there again.That was when Sinton had Davis.
Now they have Mitchell.
He might not be so superstitous.

Happy Birthday 66!!!!!!

This calls for two posts, yeah!

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Haven/1199/jpgs/b-cake3a.jpg

<small>[ October 29, 2002, 03:52 AM: Message edited by: SintonFan ]</small>

sinfan75
10-29-2002, 06:01 AM
That's what I think-Alamo Stadium or Alamo Dome.HAPPY BIRTHDAY 66!!

Old Green
10-29-2002, 06:19 AM
Happy Birthday sinton66.

A match up of Sinton/Burnet will be the most anticipated game in in Region 4 playoffs. Good luck to both teams.

bulldog65
10-29-2002, 07:16 AM
This should be an awesome matchup and I predict it will happen, but I also will wait to pick a winner. HAPPY BIRTHDAY sinton66! Or are you sinton67 now? HA Ha!

<small>[ October 29, 2002, 06:17 AM: Message edited by: bulldog65 ]</small>

sinton66
10-29-2002, 07:32 AM
I agree with all of you, it will indeed be a terrific game if it happens. The winner of this one would most likely get the survivor of Jasper/Bridge City in the semifinals, and would stand a very good chance. Old 66 turned 55 yesterday, and doesn't feel a day over 54. Thanks to all for your well wishes.

RBARKER
10-29-2002, 08:27 AM
Or the survivor of the Barbers Hill/Jasper finals wink . Dont over look the BH Eagles. Oh and Happy Birthday!

http://skins.hotbar.com/skins/mailskins/img/Birthd/Birthday_Party_professor_prv.gif

sinton66
10-29-2002, 08:45 AM
Of course, you're absolutely right, BH has as good a chance as anybody else in R3 of being there. Pardon my slip.

2KDawg
10-29-2002, 10:40 AM
No doubt this would be THE GAME! cant wait for this one.... both teams are very deadly so it should make for the best match of the season! Either way it goes, both teams would do a heck of a job representing region 4! So until then... Best of luck to both teams!!!

Old Dog
10-29-2002, 01:37 PM
Happy Bday Sinton66! Hope we all can meet when Sinton and Burnet play (hopefully)! It appears most of the posters on this site are either pretty young or "aged" such as us. How far is Victoria from Sinton?

Phil C
10-29-2002, 02:33 PM
Sinton is 66.4 miles from Victoria and Burnet is 173.3 miles from Victoria. If they could meet in San Antonio it would be best for both teams even though sometimes you have to take what is available.

whtfbplaya
10-29-2002, 03:56 PM
I do not think this match up will occur.

29x281
10-29-2002, 07:12 PM
Wharton will definitely be tough. But then Wharton's 1st round game won't exactly be a gimme, either. Gonzales is a good team as well.

All Burnet can do this week is beat Ingram.

pirate4state
10-30-2002, 10:50 AM
Can someone list the possible playoff bracket situation? For example do they have a bi-week for district winners?? Or do they just play Bi-district, Area, Regionals, Quarter-Finals, Semi-Finals, Finals? For the life of me I can't remember how it all went down last year and that's when I jumped on the bandwagon (b/c of how well Sinton was doing). Yes, I'm a bandwagon jumper http://fp.funfiles.plus.com/anim_emoticons/shaking_head_in_dismay.gif ! Also, who would Sinton play first, from what district and so on?

Thanks!!

bd0707
10-30-2002, 12:04 PM
REGION 4 DIVISION 1 PLAYOFF PICTURE
(as I see it)

Dist. 25 Burnet
Burnet
Dist. 26 Somerset

Dist. 27 Gonzales
Gonzales
Dist. 28 Wharton

Dist. 29 Hondo
Sinton
Dist. 30 Sinton

Dist. 31 Falfurias
La Feria
Dist. 32 La Feria

I won't be making a prediction for the Region 4 Final, opting instead to savor the moment.

Disclaimer #1 ; These predictions are in no way meant to show any disrespect to any other team seeking to make a Division 1 playoff bid.

Disclaimer #2 ; These predictions are for amusement purposes only and in no way should be misconstrued as a Licensed Professional Sport Betting Handicapping.

Disclaimer #3 ; The Provider of these Predictions may not have any idea of what he is talking about and therefore could be totally off base on said Predictions. In that event the said Provider would savor the above mentioned moment equally as much if the Region 4 Final was between Burnet and La Feria.

Disclaimer #4 ; HeeHee,HaHa,LoL.....just kidding!

<small>[ October 30, 2002, 11:20 AM: Message edited by: bd0707 ]</small>

bd0707
10-30-2002, 12:14 PM
I don't know why my last post did not appear in a "Bracket" form. That is the way I typed it. so here is my 2nd round predictions.

Burnet over Gonzales
Sinton over La Feria

SintonFan
10-30-2002, 10:08 PM
bd0707:
REGION 4 DIVISION 1 PLAYOFF PICTURE
(as I see it)

Dist. 25 Burnet
Burnet
Dist. 26 Somerset

Dist. 27 Gonzales
Gonzales
Dist. 28 Wharton

Dist. 29 Hondo
Sinton
Dist. 30 Sinton

Dist. 31 Falfurias
La Feria
Dist. 32 La Feria

I won't be making a prediction for the Region 4 Final, opting instead to savor the moment.

Disclaimer #1 ; These predictions are in no way meant to show any disrespect to any other team seeking to make a Division 1 playoff bid.

Disclaimer #2 ; These predictions are for amusement purposes only and in no way should be misconstrued as a Licensed Professional Sport Betting Handicapping.

Disclaimer #3 ; The Provider of these Predictions may not have any idea of what he is talking about and therefore could be totally off base on said Predictions. In that event the said Provider would savor the above mentioned moment equally as much if the Region 4 Final was between Burnet and La Feria.

Disclaimer #4 ; HeeHee,HaHa,LoL.....just kidding!bd0707, you wouldn't be a lawyer by any chance?
Good job IMHO on the situations.

bd0707
10-31-2002, 12:27 AM
Sintonfan, no I am not an attorney lol, just offering a little levity to what is sometimes a little touchy around here. While I have your attention, have you seen Yokums facilties. I've heard they are exceptional for a 3a school. The reason I ask is because Burnet does not have a history of opting for big stadiums in the playoffs.
I don't know the geography very well, would Yokum be middle ground for a 2nd round against Wharton or Gonzales. Also I like your idea about the Alamodome for a regional final, warm is good. In 1999 when Burnet played and lost to Mathis for regional honors they played at Rocket Stadium in San Antonio. coooold! By the way what ever happened to that running back for Mathis that year, I spoke to him briefly after that game. I would have sworn that guy had a wife, three kids, and a mortgage lol he was "The Man" and ran all over Burnet that night.

spaniard
10-31-2002, 12:38 AM
bd0707:
Sintonfan, no I am not an attorney lol, just offering a little levity to what is sometimes a little touchy around here. While I have your attention, have you seen Yokums facilties. I've heard they are exceptional for a 3a school. The reason I ask is because Burnet does not have a history of opting for big stadiums in the playoffs.
I don't know the geography very well, would Yokum be middle ground for a 2nd round against Wharton or Gonzales. Also I like your idea about the Alamodome for a regional final, warm is good. In 1999 when Burnet played and lost to Mathis for regional honors they played at Rocket Stadium in San Antonio. coooold! By the way what ever happened to that running back for Mathis that year, I spoke to him briefly after that game. I would have sworn that guy had a wife, three kids, and a mortgage lol he was "The Man" and ran all over Burnet that night.i remember that guy too, he was good. too bad 'ol abbo tried to do the same thing with our guys, and we were too tired to be effective against their defense. but that was then, this is now. hope to see you guys at quarters.

SintonFan
10-31-2002, 12:58 AM
Nice levitating, hehe.
I haven't seen the Yoakum facilities. That would almost be a home-field advantage for Gonzales. Wharton and yall would be closer to nuetral.
Burnet has a fairly large 3-A stadium. Bigger than what I'm used to. Yall also have a nice crowd. It's a shame if small venues are your coach's choice. Sinton has nice crowds, too.
Sorry, 66 came up with the Alamodome idea. I can't take credit for that.
Lol... about your guy who had a wife and kids... nice anology... heh heh...
:D :D :D
jus havin some fun...

sinton66
10-31-2002, 07:36 AM
Burnet/Gonzales would probably be Austin area. Burnet/Wharton maybe Bastrop.

bd0707
10-31-2002, 08:33 AM
Thanks 66,

whtfbplaya
10-31-2002, 03:04 PM
How far is it from Burnet to
College Station:
San Antonio:

2KDawg
10-31-2002, 03:41 PM
Well guys not for sure but what i heard from a pretty good source is that the word around burnet is that all of there playoff games will be played on turf... There caoch is well known and supposably is trying to have it scheduled that way..? dont know for sure... You said the first game would be Austin area... well i was told that he was trying to get into round rock stadium (5A school)on the outskirts of austin. They installed turf a year or two back..... dont hold me on this but i think it might happen..?

Phil C
10-31-2002, 04:14 PM
Pirate4State in football the Division One teams (the schools with the largest population in each district making the playoffs) play in Division 1 for the State championship. To get to the State championship you have to win four games then the state championship game is played by the remaining two teams.
Division 2 consists of the each of the other two teams in each district that makes the playoffs. Since there are more teams they play an extra game. To get to the State championship in Division 2 you have to win five games before the state championship game between the final two teams.
In other sports it is different because there are no divisions. The district champions get a bye while the No. 2 and No. 3 teams play an elimination round. This will leave 64 teams left and then a game is played leaving 32 then another game leaves 16 then another game leaves 8 and then another game leaves 4 and then there are two for the state championship.

Phil C
10-31-2002, 05:21 PM
wht Burnet is 130.7 miles from College Station and 97.3 miles from San Antonio.

eye of the tiger
10-31-2002, 10:55 PM
sinton66:
And Happy Birthday to Sinton66?(today, not halloween)Happy birthday. Sorry I am so late with the congrats. Hope it was a good one and hope for many many more. You are one of the really good guys around.

sinton66
11-01-2002, 12:07 AM
eye of the tiger:

sinton66:
And Happy Birthday to Sinton66?(today, not halloween)Happy birthday. Sorry I am so late with the congrats. Hope it was a good one and hope for many many more. You are one of the really good guys around.Thanks buddy! It was a nice BD. Hopefully I'll get to enjoy a few more. :D

SINTON81
11-01-2002, 12:20 AM
Sinton66, I would also like to wish you a late Happy Birthday!!! :)

sinton66
11-01-2002, 07:21 AM
SINTON81:
Sinton66, I would also like to wish you a late Happy Birthday!!! :) Thank you also!

SINTON81
11-01-2002, 09:13 AM
Pirate4state, You can find the Division I playoff brackets at www.uil.utexas.edu/ath/fbpair/aaaone.html (http://www.uil.utexas.edu/ath/fbpair/aaaone.html)

One more thing, in Division I there is no Area round, so just move everything but the Bi-district round over one to the left. The State Finals will be around 12-14-2002.

<small>[ November 01, 2002, 08:16 AM: Message edited by: SINTON81 ]</small>

pirate4state
11-01-2002, 09:23 AM
SINTON81:
Pirate4state, You can find the Division I playoff brackets at www.uil.utexas.edu/ath/fbpair/aaaone.html (http://www.uil.utexas.edu/ath/fbpair/aaaone.html)

One more thing, in Division I there is no Area round, so just move everything but the Bi-district round over one to the left. The State Finals will be around 12-14-2002.Thanks Sinton81, this is exactly what I was looking for.

horns04
11-01-2002, 10:32 AM
1st off let me start off by saying I think everman will be in the finals again this year. so if sinton gets to the finals what are some sites where the game might be played. or if jasper or burnet gets in what some possible sites?