PDA

View Full Version : The number 5000 (NF)

DaHop72
10-08-2007, 04:21 PM
For my 5000th post, I will give my take on the downlow. I consider the downlow to be a good place to keep up with football during the season, but more than that I consider the downlow to be my extended family. Many of you come on here to do nothing more than gripe and belly ache about every little thing that comes up. If it’s during football season you get all booty hurt if someone disagrees with you about your team or who’s the best QB. During the off season you gripe and belly ache about non football thread. Why not try to be a part and get to know the people that comprise the body of this board. If you should choose to do so you would know people by dual names, real and screen name. This is a simple thing for most of you but for some it would be hard.

Here are a list of some of my friends: Kellye, Rita, Debbie, Tony, Matt, Talena, Lori, Lorey, Jill, Grant, Cary, Forrest, Rick, Ross, Jeremy, Tim, Matt, Donnie, Ray, Effie, Michael, Mike, Marlin, Gary, Jesse, Casey, Scott, Rueben, Reggie, Byron, Larry, Madison, Tomas, Josh, Colton, Tim, Ryan, Mark, Jared, Cody, Ted, Meg, Amy, Daniel, Walter, Derrick, Mike, Nate, Andres, Bryson, Chris, Ty, and of course Ashton. These are people that without the downlow I would have never known and what a loss it would have been for me. These are people who have prayed for each other, laughed with and at each other and cried with each other as well. If you read this list and don’t know these people by their given names then you are missing out on a great blessing in your life. I look forward to adding names to this list as time goes by.

For those of you who only come on the board to gripe about how things are run, about favorites or to show disrespect for your town or other towns you are missing the boat.

There is nothing wrong with trash talking about rivalry games with people from those towns if it is civil. Some of the best threads that you can read are when people throw rocks at each other in good fun and don’t get all booty hurt.

For the small clique that is on here and your only goal is to piss and moan about things on this board, you should probably join in the camaraderie of this board or stay on the other board with your “friends” where you can say and do what you want and not worry that some “mod” is going to clip your wings.

For the younger ones, trust me you will learn that there is a broad base of wisdom on this board some young some older who you can learn from. Some learn the easy way and some learn the hard way.

Sweetwater Red
10-08-2007, 04:26 PM
I know this response doesn't do your post justice but here it is.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

piratebg
10-08-2007, 04:30 PM
Congrats DaHop :clap: :clap: :clap:

Your 5000th post was awesome bro. :)

lakers
10-08-2007, 04:31 PM
I'm a newbie on the board.
well put though...

tigerbyheart
10-08-2007, 04:35 PM
http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/5118/youarethemanzz7.gif Hops!!!!

Thanks for help on the smileys!!!:D

crzyjournalist03
10-08-2007, 04:37 PM
just for you Hop...

Did somebody change my avatar???

http://www.hipart.com/walsh/Capt-Jack-Sparrow.jpg

pirate4state
10-08-2007, 04:39 PM
BRAVO!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

you are the man Hops!!! :)

STANG RED
10-08-2007, 04:47 PM
Great job Hops!!!

But a select few of us know you actually hit 5000 way before this. That is if you include ALL of your posts.;) :D

Keep em coming Hops!

Snyder_TigerFan
10-08-2007, 04:57 PM
Great post Hops!

Congrats!:clap: :clap:

LH Panther Mom
10-08-2007, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
But a select few of us know you actually hit 5000 way before this. That is if you include ALL of your posts.;) :D

:evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

That was beautimous, Hops! :weeping: :kiss:

DaHop72
10-08-2007, 07:00 PM
Great job Hops!!!

Keep em coming Hops! :confused: :confused: :confused: :devil: :D

TheDOCTORdre
10-08-2007, 07:07 PM
congrats Hops, you are a classy individual on this board

sww-bull52
10-08-2007, 07:07 PM
Great job Hops. I find myself avoiding alot of threads because of the people who post on them. Your posts are some of the few I actually go looking for.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Ranger Mom
10-08-2007, 07:16 PM
Great job Hops!!!

Keep em coming Hops!

LOL!! :clap: :clap:

That was an AWESOME post Hops!!!

Old Tiger
10-08-2007, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72

Here are a list of some of my friends: Kellye, Rita, Debbie, Tony, Matt, Talena, Lori, Lorey, Jill, Grant, Cary, Forrest, Rick, Ross, Jeremy, Tim, Matt, Donnie, Ray, Effie, Michael, Mike, Marlin, Gary, Jesse, Casey, Scott, Rueben, Reggie, Byron, Larry, Madison, Tomas, Josh, Colton, Tim, Ryan, Mark, Jared, Cody, Ted, Meg, Amy, Daniel, Walter, Derrick, Mike, Nate, Andres, Bryson, Chris, Ty, and of course Ashton. These are people that without the downlow I would have never known and what a loss it would have been for me. These are people who have prayed for each other, laughed with and at each other and cried with each other as well. If you read this list and don’t know these people by their given names then you are missing out on a great blessing in your life. I look forward to adding names to this list as time goes by.

How the hell did I make this list, honestly! Even I'm shocked.

tigerpride_08
10-08-2007, 08:02 PM
congrats...:clap:

DaHop72
10-09-2007, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
How the hell did I make this list, honestly! Even I'm shocked. Maybe I know another Casey:devil: :devil:

j/k:D :D

pirate4state
10-09-2007, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
How the hell did I make this list, honestly! Even I'm shocked. What's your name again? :D

Darren
10-09-2007, 01:45 PM
All I know is that after reading your post DaHop72 I think that I will start using the term Booty hurt more often.

I hadn't heard that term used before and I feel that it needs to be a staple in the DL vernacular.

:clap: :D :clap: :D :clap:

sweetwater07
10-09-2007, 01:51 PM
For my 5000th post, I will give my take on the downlow. I consider the downlow to be a good place to keep up with football during the season, but more than that I consider the downlow to be my extended family. Many of you come on here to do nothing more than gripe and belly ache about every little thing that comes up. If it’s during football season you get all booty hurt if someone disagrees with you about your team or who’s the best QB. During the off season you gripe and belly ache about non football thread. Why not try to be a part and get to know the people that comprise the body of this board. If you should choose to do so you would know people by dual names, real and screen name. This is a simple thing for most of you but for some it would be hard.

For those of you who only come on the board to gripe about how things are run, about favorites or to show disrespect for your town or other towns you are missing the boat.

There is nothing wrong with trash talking about rivalry games with people from those towns if it is civil. Some of the best threads that you can read are when people throw rocks at each other in good fun and don’t get all booty hurt.

For the small clique that is on here and your only goal is to piss and moan about things on this board, you should probably join in the camaraderie of this board or stay on the other board with your “friends” where you can say and do what you want and not worry that some “mod” is going to clip your wings.

For the younger ones, trust me you will learn that there is a broad base of wisdom on this board some young some older who you can learn from. Some learn the easy way and some learn the hard way.

Great Post Rick, glad to see my name on that list

:clap: :clap: :clap:

LH Panther Mom
10-09-2007, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Darren
All I know is that after reading your post DaHop72 I think that I will start using the term Booty hurt more often.

I hadn't heard that term used before and I feel that it needs to be a staple in the DL vernacular.

:clap: :D :clap: :D :clap:
If you hung out in the chat, you'd hear it regularly. :devil:

Phil C
10-09-2007, 03:40 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by DaHop72
[B] Here are a list of some of my friends: Kellye, Rita, Debbie, Tony, Matt, Talena, Lori, Lorey, Jill, Grant, Cary, Forrest, Rick, Ross, Jeremy, Tim, Matt, Donnie, Ray, Effie, Michael, Mike, Marlin, Gary, Jesse, Casey, Scott, Rueben, Reggie, Byron, Larry, Madison, Tomas, Josh, Colton, Tim, Ryan, Mark, Jared, Cody, Ted, Meg, Amy, Daniel, Walter, Derrick, Mike, Nate, Andres, Bryson, Chris, Ty, and of course Ashton. These are people that without the downlow I would have never known and what a loss it would have been for me. These are people who have prayed for each other, laughed with and at each other and cried with each other as well. If you read this list and don’t know these people by their given names then you are missing out on a great blessing in your life. I look forward to adding names to this list as time goes by.

HEY!!!!!!!
:mad: :mad: :mad:

:D

44INAROW
10-09-2007, 03:46 PM
Nice post Hops......... I am honored to be one of your friends :)
Congrats on tne 5000 - Keep em coming :)

AP Panther Fan
10-09-2007, 05:31 PM
Great post and congratulations on 5,000!

I'll look forward to meeting you in the future....it's nice to have things to look forward to!:)

DaHop72
10-09-2007, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Great post and congratulations on 5,000!

I'll look forward to meeting you in the future....it's nice to have things to look forward to!:) Me too, I'm looking forward to meeting you and 44INAROW.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Pmoney
10-09-2007, 09:12 PM
hey hop whats the deal? lol im not on your list:eek:.....haha congrats on 5000

Tiger Baseball
10-09-2007, 09:15 PM
Great job Hops!!!

Keep em coming Hops!

:D :clap: :D

Go getem hops

DaHop72
10-09-2007, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Pmoney
hey hop whats the deal? lol im not on your list:eek:.....haha congrats on 5000 :mad: :mad: Well crud, I knew I would forget someone and of all people Snyder's answer to Tiger Woods.:devil: :devil: And for sure PMoney falls in that list as well.:thumbsup:

Tiger Baseball
10-09-2007, 09:17 PM
:mad: :mad: Well crud, I knew I would forget someone and of all people Snyder's answer to Tiger Woods.:devil: :devil: And for sure PMoney falls in that list as well.:thumbsup:

So do ya know how to edit:doh:

DaHop72
10-09-2007, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Tiger Baseball
So do ya know how to edit:doh: Well I think that it's a little past the 60 minute edit window.:doh:

Tiger Baseball
10-09-2007, 09:29 PM
Report this post to a moderator:D

LH Panther Mom
10-09-2007, 10:49 PM
Me too, I'm looking forward to meeting you and 44INAROW.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
:dispntd: :bigcry: :dispntd: :bigcry: :dispntd:

DaHop72
10-10-2007, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:dispntd: :bigcry: :dispntd: :bigcry: :dispntd: :kiss: :kiss: I just figured wanting to meet you was a given. After all, you are still a West Texas girl who has been transplanted.:D

Snydertigersrul
10-10-2007, 07:43 AM

Thanks Hops and a great post. I'm glad that I'm included in your list of friends. I hope to see you Friday night in Canyan.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-10-2007, 08:13 AM
I love you too Hops, in a non-gay way of course. ;) :thumbsup:

rockdale80
10-10-2007, 11:08 PM
Nicely put Rick. Very nicely put. Hopefully I will be around for 5000 more:) ;)

SideBurnWillie
10-10-2007, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
Thanks Hops and a great post. I'm glad that I'm included in your list of friends. I hope to see you Friday night in Canyan.

I think that was Larry The Cable Guy he listed!