PDA

View Full Version : Finally picked up the new Ragweed album...

carter08
10-08-2007, 03:33 PM
It's pretty good. Not thier best, and the lyrics are a step down from previous albums, but there are some really good songs such as "Soul Agent", "Lawrence", and "In Oklahoma".

Too bad "Leaving Tennessee" didn't make it on.

Discuss the new Ragweed album. Please tell me that I'm wrong and all that crap.

Old Tiger
10-08-2007, 03:33 PM
Soul Agent is the best song on the CD.

Emerson1
10-08-2007, 03:35 PM
Is soul agent on their myspace?

Bull19
10-08-2007, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by carter08
It's pretty good. Not thier best, and the lyrics are a step down from previous albums, but there are some really good songs such as "Soul Agent", "Lawrence", and "In Oklahoma".

Too bad "Leaving Tennessee" didn't make it on.

Discuss the new Ragweed album. Please tell me that I'm wrong and all that crap.

you are wrong....imo its better than garage, not better than soul gravy though.... i really dig "deal"..the melody is really catchy

lyrics are a step down....i have to disagree, please explain your reasoning behind that statement

p.s. leaving tennessee will be on itunes shortly

carter08
10-08-2007, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
you are wrong....imo its better than garage, not better than soul gravy though.... i really dig "deal"..the melody is really catchy

lyrics are a step down....i have to disagree, please explain your reasoning behind that statement

p.s. leaving tennessee will be on itunes shortly

the lyrics just don't seem as good as they have on past albums. I don't know why.

I need to listen to it some more. It will grow on me.

Maroon87
10-08-2007, 03:58 PM
I've listened to it a few times online...it's sounds pretty good. Nothing drastically different.

PurplePride2006
10-08-2007, 05:24 PM
Didn't Like It The First Few Times, But Really Grew On Me. Now It's All I Listen To. Also Picked Up The New No Justice CD Today, Another One Of The Live At Billy Bob's Collection. Sounds Pretty Good.

PurplePride2006
10-08-2007, 05:44 PM
"Soul Agent" Isn't On Their Myspace, But "I Believe" Is, Another Great Song.

Gobbla2001
10-08-2007, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by PurplePride2006
"Soul Agent" Isn't On Their Myspace, But "I Believe" Is, Another Great Song.

I believe:( just not feeling that one... and one of the posters here has pointed out it's a Todd Snider cover...

I like the guitar in the song, but the words? that's the first single released off of this album? I dunno man... it's a big hit for 'em, and offa their last album a Randy Roger's cover was probably their biggest radio hit... this is a band praised for how orginal they are... or were...

where that's Ragweed from Purple and Gravy? I think their biggest accomplishment since before Garage has been letting younger people know just who in the hell Kinky is...

wish my name was ragweed, I could sell 8-track players like they were I-pods to these kids...

PurplePride2006
10-08-2007, 05:59 PM
Favorite Song Would Have To Be "Dead"

Antec
10-08-2007, 09:34 PM
They will be a Schroeder Dance Hall between Victoria and Goliad next week

CD is overated

Their first two CDs they put out were better

Gobbla2001
10-08-2007, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Antec
They will be a Schroeder Dance Hall between Victoria and Goliad next week

CD is overated

Their first two CDs they put out were better

my buddy wants to go out for that show... I'd like to because I like ragweed (not CCR) but I'd rather not deal with 800+ little kids in that hall...

the cd is good, but it's just not as big as it'll be blown up to be, and the singles won't be as good as the requests will end up showing...

like I said, if my name was Cross Canadian Ragweed I could sell make a killing selling 8-track players... nothing against 8-track players, but I think the name is being chosen highly over the product in regards to CroCaRa...

great band, great live, good music, great pioneers, but a lots of hype...

PurplePride2006
10-08-2007, 11:59 PM
i'm excited that they're coming Saturday night to play at our homecoming for WT, With Randy Rogers