PDA

View Full Version : AP Draws First Blood Against Ingleside

piratebg
10-08-2007, 08:54 AM
http://www.kristv.com/global/story.asp?s=7180861
(There is a video link to the right of the story)

Vandals tag Ingleside High School stadium

Oct 8, 2007 08:22 AM
Vandals tag Ingleside High School stadium

INGLESIDE - The rivalry between two local high schools goes beyond the football field as graffiti vandals target Mustang Stadium in Ingleside. Ingleside High School football players discovered the graffiti damage Sunday afternoon as they were getting ready for weekend practice.

IHS officials were upset with the vandalism, but warn their own students not to take the issue into their own hands.

Sometime Saturday night, vandals attacked the home of Ingleside's football team - Mustang Stadium - spray painting the logo and school colors of rival school - Aransas Pass. Players who came to survey the damage were angered. Players hope to get they're payback on the field.

"We're gonna beat 'em. That's what it is: revenge, on the field. We're gonna beat em pretty bad," said sophomore Devon Long.

Ingleside superintendent Troy Mircovich hoped his students can take the vandalism in stride, and asks them to avoid thinking about causing any damage to the next town over.

"It's taxpayer money, and as a taxpayer myself, we just don't want that to happen. We don't want that to happen to Aransas Pass and we sure don't want it to happen in Ingleside," he said.

Now most of the graffiti was limited to the walls of Mustang Stadium, and some with major grammatical errors. Now while the Ingleside superintendent asked his students not to retaliate this week, he said he rather see the matter resolved on the football field this Friday, something that Mustang players can agree on.

"That's the opportunity for both teams to get a chance to say what they need to and play it on the field. Let's not tear up anymore facilities. We don't need that," Mircovich said.

"I'm gonna get some good tackles in this game. That's all I know. I'm gonna hit them pretty hard," Long said.

In the meantime, school officials will look through surveillance video from security cameras to see if they can identify any of the vehicles that came onto campus Saturday night. If Aransas Pass students are found to be responsible for the tagging, Superintendent Mircovich said he will contact officials at Aransas Pass High School and let them decide how to discipline the students.

Online Reporter: Alex Stivers

pirate4state
10-08-2007, 08:56 AM
I know this is a heated rivarly, has this kind of stuff always happened or is this a first "serious" occurrence? :thinking:

mustangs suck!

piratebg
10-08-2007, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
mustangs suck!

LMAO :clap: :clap: :clap:

I love rivalries. They make things so much more interesting. :p

pirate4state
10-08-2007, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by piratebg
LMAO :clap: :clap: :clap:

I love rivalries. They make things so much more interesting. :p

You know I couldn't pass up an opportunity.

I don't condone what these kids did, but I have to admit that it made me laugh. Me & my wicked sense of humor. :evillol:

piratebg
10-08-2007, 09:04 AM
GO PANTHERS :D

AP Panther Fan
10-08-2007, 09:14 AM
Well, I hope they catch them.:(

It is sad when a good rivalry turns into something much worse...vandalism.

As a resident of Aransas Pass this is extremely embarrasing and will unfortunately reflect badly on the entire community. There isn't a year that goes by that there isn't some sort of stupid act that takes place prior to the game. What used to be harmless fun seems to get worse each year. Kids today don't seem to know how to have fun and keep it clean.:(

P4S...it happens every year and goes both ways. We have had the windows broken at the high school and an I burned into our field...of course grass will grow back eventually. Doon would tell you that one year the window was broken out of his son's truck. I know for a fact that their mustang statue was painted purple one year too.

I don't even know what to say, other than I am sorry, to my friends from Ingleside. This type of behavior is unacceptable and once again, I hope they catch the little ####'s that did it.

pirate4state
10-08-2007, 09:18 AM
Sometimes you gotta wonder if it is even football players doing this, ya know?

You'd think they'd be smarter than that, but then I remember we are talking about 15-18 year old kids. :doh: I'm not saying they are ALL bad, but obviously these are not the brightest bunch.

LH Panther Mom
10-08-2007, 09:19 AM
Sunday afternoon practice????? :thinking: :thinking:

I wonder if it might not be AP kids. I've heard of hometown kids doing stupid stunts to make it look like the other town. (Just a thought...)

AP Panther Fan
10-08-2007, 09:21 AM
Good Lord....is it Monday or what? I was trying to correct a typo and look what I did! I can't get it off either.:mad:

pirate4state
10-08-2007, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Good Lord....is it Monday or what? I was trying to correct a typo and look what I did! I can't get it off either.:mad: Settle down chica. :p I removed your goof, now what do you need to edit? :nerd:

piratebg
10-08-2007, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

I wonder if it might not be AP kids. I've heard of hometown kids doing stupid stunts to make it look like the other town. (Just a thought...)

What if it wasn't hometown kids or AP kids? What if it was a kid or a group of kids from another near by town just trying to stir the pot? Who could it be?

AP Panther Fan
10-08-2007, 09:25 AM
Settle down chica. :p I removed your goof, now what do you need to edit? :nerd:

Thanks. I am not going to worry about the fact that I misspelled ####s.;)

I think I just need to step away from the computer.:D

AP Panther Fan
10-08-2007, 09:27 AM
What if it wasn't hometown kids or AP kids? What if it was a kid or a group of kids from another near by town just trying to stir the pot? Who could it be?

lol...I don't think Sinton wants to take credit for this one.;) Painting their brand new press box = not good!

LHPM...I thought the Sunday practice was a bit strange, but maybe that is why they are winning and we aren't?

Ranger Mom
10-08-2007, 09:30 AM

That was my initial thought!! That happened in Midland a few years ago between Midland High and Lee. Lee kids vandalized their own property with Midland High grafitti and got BUSTED!!!

Phil C
10-08-2007, 09:41 AM
I agree it could even be local Ingleside kids or fans doing it to stir up the football team. I remember when I went to Freer a bonfire got burned the night before it was supposed to and the kids we had to take off from school to build another one which was even better. We were playing Hebbronville and everyone blamed Hebbronville and rumors were started. It wasn't until years later I found out it was some local high school students (not me!) that had done it to fire the team up. So you never know for sure until you find out.

pirate4state
10-08-2007, 09:45 AM
LHPM...I thought the Sunday practice was a bit strange, but maybe that is why they are winning and we aren't?

No practice on Sunday

see here (http://www.uil.utexas.edu/athletics/manuals/football/pg22_pract_game_restr.pdf)

I'm sure the kids are just confused about what they were doing up at the school on a SUNDAY! :doh:

LH Panther Mom
10-08-2007, 09:46 AM
"There shall be no team or individual practices, condition, or individual or team meetings on Sunday" :thinking: :thinking:

http://www.uil.utexas.edu/athletics/manuals/football/pg40_51reg_season.pdf (page 10)

Ranger Mom
10-08-2007, 09:51 AM
"There shall be no team or individual practices, condition, or individual or team meetings on Sunday" :thinking: :thinking:

http://www.uil.utexas.edu/athletics/manuals/football/pg40_51reg_season.pdf (page 10)

:thinking: Interesting!!:thinking:

AP Panther Fan
10-08-2007, 09:53 AM
A couple of our athletic booster club people a few years back went into our field house during the first half of the Ingleside/AP game and just slightly messed it up to give the impression that it was people from Ingleside. They dumped trash on the floor and hung a few signs on lockers...my son's locker had a picture of a crown on it...something like the homecoming queen would win.;)

Long story short, we came back in the second half and won in the last 19 seconds by a field goal. Final score 29-27.

I can't imagine the Ingleside kids doing what was done though this time. It was bad and involved spray paint. My daughter showed me the pictures yesterday on My Space and then of course it was all over the morning news today.

Maroon87
10-08-2007, 09:53 AM

most of the graffiti was limited to the walls of Mustang Stadium, and some with major grammatical errors.

That's my favorite sentence in that entire article...:D

LH Panther Mom
10-08-2007, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
That's my favorite sentence in that entire article...:D
That might be a huge clue. Maybe they should compare TAKS writing scores for schools in the area. :D

pirate4state
10-08-2007, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
That's my favorite sentence in that entire article...:D HAHA

I think one of the things that they wrote was "We taking over!" :D

Ranger Mom
10-08-2007, 09:59 AM
I can't remember who brought up hoping it wasn't the football players, but I think, more often than not, the football players don't have anything to do with it.....its normally random student "fans"...or that is what I see more around here!!

AP Panther Fan
10-08-2007, 10:02 AM

I am sure the Caller-Times will be printing a retraction/clarification...they are probably working on it now.

pirate4state
10-08-2007, 10:04 AM
I am sure the Caller-Times will be printing a retraction/clarification...they are probably working on it now. Yes, I'm sure. I'm sure someone has already alerted the people that their players are talking about Sunday practices on TV. :devil: :D

Maroon87
10-08-2007, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I can't remember who brought up hoping it wasn't the football players, but I think, more often than not, the football players don't have anything to do with it.....its normally random student "fans"...or that is what I see more around here!!

And sometimes it's not even fans from the same school. Anyone could go get purple and gold spray paint and jump a couple of fences. For all we know it could've been someone from Rockport or somewhere else.

Fal44
10-08-2007, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
I agree it could even be local Ingleside kids or fans doing it to stir up the football team. I remember when I went to Freer a bonfire got burned the night before it was supposed to and the kids we had to take off from school to build another one which was even better. We were playing Hebbronville and everyone blamed Hebbronville and rumors were started. It wasn't until years later I found out it was some local high school students (not me!) that had done it to fire the team up. So you never know for sure until you find out.

my dad has told me about that so many times...

AP Panther Fan
10-08-2007, 10:50 AM
Yes, I'm sure. I'm sure someone has already alerted the people that their players are talking about Sunday practices on TV. :devil: :D

You're right. I just assumed it was the Caller Times...sorry about that.

IHStangFan
10-08-2007, 11:00 AM
I know this is a heated rivarly, has this kind of stuff always happened or is this a first "serious" occurrence? :thinking:

mustangs suck! it has happened since the begining of time.

pirate4state
10-08-2007, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
it has happened since the begining of time. that the MUSTANGS SUCK? I agree!!! :D :D :D

IHStangFan
10-08-2007, 11:37 AM
that the MUSTANGS SUCK? I agree!!! :D :D :D don't come crying to me when those Mustangs stomp a mudhole in those ole dirty Pie Rats and then walk it dry again! :D :p

Ingleside Fan
10-08-2007, 12:41 PM
don't come crying to me when those Mustangs stomp a mudhole in those ole dirty Pie Rats and then walk it dry again! :D :p

Get her! I got your back!

big daddy russ
10-08-2007, 12:53 PM
it has happened since the begining of time.
I don't know whether you were in HS when this happened or whether it was the year after you graduated, but some AP kids gave our mustang statue an extra body part that originally wasn't on the statue-- in their own school colors.

pirate4state
10-08-2007, 01:02 PM
don't come crying to me when those Mustangs stomp a mudhole in those ole dirty Pie Rats and then walk it dry again! :D :p HAHA --- you must have me confused with someone else. I don't cry! We'll see about that mudhole in 4 weeks! :mad:

piratebg
10-08-2007, 01:14 PM
Well, this Pirate team is young and learning a new offense, but they've shown some really good improvements over the past couple of weeks. Plus the are healthy, something that they were not last year. I think they can give Ingleside a much better game this year. I won't guarantee a Pirate victory yet, but I think they can give the Mustangs a run for their money.