PDA

View Full Version : A way to get France's help

Old Cardinal
08-08-2003, 10:03 AM
If we want to get France to send folks to Liberia or Iraq, just tell them that they have found truffles growing there....Heard any French jokes lately?

Old Tiger
08-08-2003, 11:55 AM
You could also teach their women to shave... wink

exbccards76'smom
08-08-2003, 12:31 PM
How about teaching them about soap and water??

http://membres.lycos.fr/animatedpt/bd/waltdisney/tazman17.gif

Gilmer Buckeye
08-08-2003, 01:41 PM
Nope, but I understand the Polish troops are pretty upset that they are being shot at since they were told this was a "peacekeeping" mission.

Someone should take them aside and say, "Once again, as has so often been the case throughout recorded history, the joke is on you."

slpybear the bullfan
08-08-2003, 11:31 PM
The interesting part is how aggressively the Eastern European nations have taken to sending peacekeeping troops abroad. One of my good buddies still serving said... "It says a lot that nations so shortly removed from past repressive regimes recognize that danger elsewhere better than their Western Brethren." Good Stuff

Remember the Troops...

Old Cardinal
08-10-2003, 10:00 PM
I ran into 3 quotes about France that I thought were quite ironic--- A quote by Mark Twain! "France has neither winter or summer nor morals. Apart from these drawbacks, it is a fine country. France has usually been governed by prostitutes." #2 "Going to war without France is like going to war without your accordion." Norman Schwartskopf #3 "I would rather have a German division in front of me, than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton

<small>[ August 10, 2003, 10:01 PM: Message edited by: Old Cardinal ]</small>

sinton66
08-10-2003, 10:39 PM
Mark Twain was a very observant fellow!

"I do not dislike the French from the vulgar antipathy between neighbouring nations, but for their insolent and unfounded airs of superiority."
Horace Walpole, British letter-writer and memoirist

<small>[ August 10, 2003, 10:54 PM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>