PDA

View Full Version : Mack & Co.

Old Tiger
10-07-2007, 08:12 PM
A few things that they need to do.

1. Re-evaluate all player at all positions. Open up every position similar to how USC does and let the best players start and not the more "experienced"
2. Get better coordinators because IMO they are holding the team back more than anything.
3. Change the offense to fit Colt or utilize Chiles more in the way that the Florida Gators did last year with Tim Tebow.

They just need to get things in gear and quit being conservative with the players and talent we have. Amazing how the offense looked yesterday when he opened it up vertically. This is just my opinion so it doesn't matter.

Emerson1
10-07-2007, 08:19 PM
They need to get Chiles in more. There is nothing in this offense that Colt can do that he can't. They aren't throwing downfield, or throwing very hard passes.

zebrablue2
10-07-2007, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
A few things that they need to do.

1. Re-evaluate all player at all positions. Open up every position similar to how USC does and let the best players start and not the more "experienced"
2. Get better coordinators because IMO they are holding the team back more than anything.
3. Change the offense to fit Colt or utilize Chiles more in the way that the Florida Gators did last year with Tim Tebow.

They just need to get things in gear and quit being conservative with the players and talent we have. Amazing how the offense looked yesterday when he opened it up vertically. This is just my opinion so it doesn't matter.

Colt was 19-26-1 int. and 324 yards on sat. pretty darn good game. USC fell to stanford yesterday. colt is not the problem.

KTA
10-07-2007, 08:38 PM
Colt was 19-26-1 int. and 324 yards on sat

Whats his stats for the rest of the year?

Oh wait I have them

YEAR CMP ATT YDS CMP% YPA LNG TD INT SACK RAT

2007 137 212 1578 64.6 7.44 58 10 10 9 133.28

Take away the Rice game, and it changes quite a bit.

I agree I think they should open up EVERY position competition brings out the best in atletes.

TexanAlum_06
10-07-2007, 08:51 PM
I agree. especially at LB!!!!!!! there is to much loyalty in the program towards the older players. the best players should play, simple as that. I personally would rather ogbannaya or mcgee get the majority of the snaps at RB. Charles fumbling problems are too costly and it happens to frequently. Im interested to see what Cody Johnson will do next year when hes available.....

Old Tiger
10-07-2007, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by TexanAlum_06
I agree. especially at LB!!!!!!! there is to much loyalty in the program towards the older players. the best players should play, simple as that. I personally would rather ogbannaya or mcgee get the majority of the snaps at RB. Charles fumbling problems are too costly and it happens to frequently. Im interested to see what Cody Johnson will do next year when hes available..... foswhitt whitaker is the next great back at texas

TexanAlum_06
10-08-2007, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
foswhitt whitaker is the next great back at texas

Yeah good point, I forgot about Fozzy. but even after the fact, Im anxious to see what cody johnson will bring to the table....

KTA
10-08-2007, 12:42 AM
Im ready to see what the young ones in the secondary are going to do.....hopefully it will be a reapeat of Huff, C. Griffin, Ross, Mi. Griffin....if not better:D

Buccaneer
10-08-2007, 03:26 AM
I think Texas' defense has way more problems than the offense!

Old Tiger
10-08-2007, 05:46 AM
No wonder Jamaal fumbles...

On Jamaal Charles' fumble: Just from what I could see on the video screen and during the ballgame that he had the ball properly tucked away and I think one of (Oklahoma's) linebackers did a great job of hitting the ball with his hand, knocking it out, and again that was a momentum changer. Give (Oklahoma) credit for moving (the ball) out. We lost some field position, but we came right back and scored.