PDA

View Full Version : Vernon and Perryton

jch1993
11-26-2001, 05:29 PM
On this one I think I will have to go with Vernon. The have a very good running game with Bernard Scott and Termayne Willie and passing with Cody Chandler who also like to take off running. Bernard has over 2,000 yards rushing and Chandler is over 1,000 passing. Compared to Perryton as a team 1073 rushing and 543 passing. Low stats and the only stat that really is important is the score. Look for Vernon to stop the running of Matt Applehans and for the secondary to keep Cuyler Dear (6' 6" 210) from throwing which will force him to deal with the linebackers from Vernon. The offensive and defensive lines for both teams are about equal sizes, but when you add the speed for Vernon that will create some mismatches. Turnovers will be a key in this game with Perryton losing an average of 3 fumbles per game. Final Score 38-14

Matthew328
11-27-2001, 11:42 AM
I gotta agree...Vernon is strong and looking like they are getting better every week...Scott and Willie are 2 excellent backs..I think they'll handle Perryton pretty easy

eye of the tiger
11-27-2001, 01:40 PM
gotta go with vernon. i know very little about perryton, but vernon is playing great football right now. no knocks on perryton they have had a great year, but i think vernon will take this game.

whsfan
11-27-2001, 11:01 PM
I was very impressed with the Vernon defense. Especially the play of their defensive linemen. It's going to be hard for Perryton to have the time to put up much of a passing game. I'm looking forward to the Vernon-Everman matchup.

rsjmann
11-28-2001, 07:53 AM
I am going with Perryton. Vernon messed up by agreeing to play at Dick Bivins Feild. Perryton is undefeated their. They are very fast and strong, much to Lamesa's surprise. I cannot believe Vernon agreed to play there. Perryton will be use to the synthetic turf at the stadium. It is nothing like you have ever played on. Perryton in the upset.

Matthew328
11-28-2001, 08:17 AM
Vernon has played on the synthetic turf before...Wichita Falls Memorial Stadium has the synthetic turf.....also Fouts Field in Denton has the long cut turf also I think....that won't have a factor....