PDA

View Full Version : Shipley's speed

xlr8tor
08-15-2003, 10:49 PM
I noticed where it is reported that Shipley runs a 4.4 40. He's a white boy right? That is fast regardless. Does he also return kick offs and punts? If so, how successful has he been in doing this in the past? What about defense? Does he do the ironman thing and play in the secondary as well. Looks like he's going to be an asset to UT or which ever college he chooses. Just my take.

Matthew328
08-15-2003, 10:53 PM
LOL yes Shipley is white...and yes he can run...he is legit 4.4...and he is definatley a 2 way if not 3 way threat..not only he is a 1st team all-state WR...but a 1st team DB..and a very dangerous kick returner..

Old Dog
08-15-2003, 11:19 PM
Shipley made 1st team all-state on both offense and defense last season. He was the 3A MVP. He hauled in 79 passes for 1717 yards and 22 TDs. He intercepted 10 passes and scored 3 TDs, plus he batted down 1 option pitch and picked it up on the fly and scored. He also returned 4 punts for TDs. He is just flat out a thrill to watch! Yes, I suppose Ironman is a pretty good description, but he is human.....an ingrown toenail slowed him down in the last 2 games. I've noticed on several threads that some opponents say he wasn't slowed down, but I assure you in the last 2 games he was not 100%! The word in Burnet is he has gained 10 lbs or so.... His 7 on 7 pics show him to be a little more muscular. Hope that answers your questions.

spaniard
08-16-2003, 12:49 AM
its good to hear that hes a little thicker, hes needed some meat on his bones, hehe.