PDA

View Full Version : Threads

rockdale80
10-07-2007, 02:16 PM
So the 10,000 replies thread gets closed because its an offseason thread, and the thread about a possible QB situation gets closed becuase why? I am just saying that if this is a 3A sports only forum then every thread that is not related to that should be closed. I mean where is the consistency? I am not saying run rampant with useless threads, but I dont see how some of them break the rules while others dont, when they are essentially the same thing....non sports related, or non 3A sports related. Just my 2 cents though.

luvhoops34
10-07-2007, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
So the 10,000 replies thread gets closed because its an offseason thread, and the thread about a possible QB situation gets closed becuase why? I am just saying that if this is a 3A sports only forum then every thread that is not related to that should be closed. I mean where is the consistency? I am not saying run rampant with useless threads, but I dont see how some of them break the rules while others dont, when they are essentially the same thing....non sports related, or non 3A sports related. Just my 2 cents though.

:eek:

necks_c/09
10-07-2007, 02:23 PM
So the 10,000 replies thread gets closed because its an offseason thread, and the thread about a possible QB situation gets closed becuase why? I am just saying that if this is a 3A sports only forum then every thread that is not related to that should be closed. I mean where is the consistency? I am not saying run rampant with useless threads, but I dont see how some of them break the rules while others dont, when they are essentially the same thing....non sports related, or non 3A sports related. Just my 2 cents though. 2 cents never got anybody anywhere in life.....

but could buy u a ticket outta here if u aint careful

rockdale80
10-07-2007, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
:eek:

You can take it how you want to, and I am not trying to stir anything up. Just pretty unclear on what is allowed these days and what is not. The rules seem to have evolved into something I(and I am sure others) do not exactly understand. This question is directed at the mods and anyone else that has a clear grasp on the threads that are allowed. So if you think this is slamming anyone or any mods you are wrong.

Gobbla2001
10-07-2007, 02:24 PM
what possible QB situation?

rockdale80
10-07-2007, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
what possible QB situation?

at UT. I ask this our of curiosity because there are so many threads closed, and frankly I have no clue as to why half the time.

luvhoops34
10-07-2007, 02:27 PM
You can take it how you want to, and I am not trying to stir anything up. Just pretty unclear on what is allowed these days and what is not. The rules seem to have evolved into something I(and I am sure others) do not exactly understand. This question is directed at the mods and anyone else that has a clear grasp on the threads that are allowed. So if you think this is slamming anyone or any mods you are wrong.

I'm taking it exactly how you posted it. And I understand EXACTLY what you are saying. This happens on an almost daily basis. Where have you been? I personally don't think there are any rules, except for what we as posters can or can't do. The rest is just left up to which ever way the wind is blowing that particular day. Just my take on the situation.

rockdale80
10-07-2007, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by necks_c/09
2 cents never got anybody anywhere in life.....

but could buy u a ticket outta here if u aint careful

Ironically enough that is your 2 cents.....:rolleyes:

burnet44
10-07-2007, 02:28 PM
If I post a closed thread here
even if it answers the question?
is that a rule violation?
my thread "10,000 posts stats got deleted

oh well

its .....................................

Gobbla2001
10-07-2007, 02:28 PM
at UT. I ask this our of curiosity because there are so many threads closed, and frankly I have no clue as to why half the time.

I think most A&M or UT threads are closed because the mods have to do too much monitoring on them... too much name-calling etc... and they just get tired of dealing with them...

I don't like that, but I guess that's how it goes...

burnet44
10-07-2007, 02:29 PM
over/under number here is 12
lol
can it make it?

Old Tiger
10-07-2007, 02:30 PM
2 cents never got anybody anywhere in life.....

but could buy u a ticket outta here if u aint careful I was watching 60 minutes once and this dude started off as a fry cook at McDonalds. Now he owns 6 stores and is worth 17 million. Similar to the situation about $.02

rockdale80
10-07-2007, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
I'm taking it exactly how you posted it. And I understand EXACTLY what you are saying. This happens on an almost daily basis. Where have you been? I personally don't think there are any rules, except for what we as posters can or can't do. The rest is just left up to which ever way the wind is blowing that particular day. Just my take on the situation.

I have had threads erased, and posts removed, and didnt take it up in public, so I dont think this is the same situation. This is a question that I have because I dont understand what is allowed and what is not. I thought as long as it was within the confines of the rules it was allowed, but when threads are within the confines of the rules they are still removed or locked. I have no clue why though and asking for clarification in a public forum because I know I am not the only one that could use it.

Gobbla2001
10-07-2007, 02:31 PM
we're gunna try

necks_c/09
10-07-2007, 02:33 PM
Ironically enough that is your 2 cents.....:rolleyes: yea, but i didnt bash the mods and their consistency on a sore topic.....

which is a quick way to get "ejected"

and not really a 2 cents.......

just telling u about ur opinion on that matter....

2 cents is an opinion......

i have a 2 cents on the matter and choose not speak it b/c i dotn want to get caught up in a thread that is heading south

rockdale80
10-07-2007, 02:33 PM
I think most A&M or UT threads are closed because the mods have to do too much monitoring on them... too much name-calling etc... and they just get tired of dealing with them...

I don't like that, but I guess that's how it goes...

And I can uderstand that, but recently it hasnt really evolved into that, and this was solely a UT QB thread. That was just an example. There are several others.

necks_c/09
10-07-2007, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
I was watching 60 minutes once and this dude started off as a fry cook at McDonalds. Now he owns 6 stores and is worth 17 million. Similar to the situation about $.02 No, nm just no......

what does a guys 2 cents....(opinion) have to do with a fry cook...)

no just no

burnet44
10-07-2007, 02:34 PM
its cheating to just post to up the count
you have to actually post thread lock down material
which I didnt so this post dont count

the inmates are restless today huh gobb?
lol

Gobbla2001
10-07-2007, 02:35 PM
yea, but i didnt bash the mods and their consistency on a sore topic.....

i have a 2 cents on the matter and choose not speak it b/c i dotn want to get caught up in a thread that is heading south

and you're an angel? ha

burnet44
10-07-2007, 02:36 PM
take the over

rockdale80
10-07-2007, 02:36 PM
yea, but i didnt bash the mods and their consistency on a sore topic.....

Did that bash the mods? I didnt think so. I have been here long enough to know what is and what is not bashing the mods, coupled with the fact that they know me well enough to know that is not the intent. I am merely asking a serious question that needs to be asked. I am not slamming them, and they may even choose not to reply. I am okay with that. I was just looking for an answer. When the slamming the mods threads were taking off I defended them. It was old and I know why they were hacked off about it. Fortunately, I am asking a question that is in no way slamming them.

Gobbla2001
10-07-2007, 02:37 PM
and this was solely a UT QB thread. That was just an example. There are several others.

hmmm

necks_c/09
10-07-2007, 02:37 PM
and you're an angel? ha today i am choosing to be, and i dont bash mods in an open forum..... maybe other people, but never mods....

im not that dumb

rockdale80
10-07-2007, 02:38 PM

im not that dumb

If you think that is the intent of this thread maybe you should re-evaluate that statement

necks_c/09
10-07-2007, 02:38 PM
Did that bash the mods? I didnt think so. I have been here long enough to know what is and what is not bashing the mods, coupled with the fact that they know me well enough to know that is not the intent. I am merely asking a serious question that needs to be asked. I am not slamming them, and they may even choose not to reply. I am okay with that. I was just looking for an answer. When the slamming the mods threads were taking off I defended them. It was old and I know why they were hacked off about it. Fortunately, I am asking a question that is in no way slamming them. ok, well it just appeared that way....

and congrats on 2000.... did u even notice?

burnet44
10-07-2007, 02:39 PM
ok, well it just appeared that way....

hi 5

If I post the answer will i get hammered?

rockdale80
10-07-2007, 02:39 PM
ok, well it just appeared that way....

Thanks, and no I didnt.

rockdale80
10-07-2007, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by burnet44
hi 5

If I post the answer will i get hammered?

go for it.

burnet44
10-07-2007, 02:41 PM
its a trick huh lol

TheDOCTORdre
10-07-2007, 02:42 PM
if i was a mod i would close this thread and have a good laugh about it

rockdale80
10-07-2007, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
if i was a mod i would close this thread and have a good laugh about it

Yeah, it didnt go the way I wanted it to go. I was really just looking for an answer. Nothing more.

luvhoops34
10-07-2007, 02:46 PM
I have had threads erased, and posts removed, and didnt take it up in public, so I dont think this is the same situation. This is a question that I have because I dont understand what is allowed and what is not. I thought as long as it was within the confines of the rules it was allowed, but when threads are within the confines of the rules they are still removed or locked. I have no clue why though and asking for clarification in a public forum because I know I am not the only one that could use it.

No one else has a clue either.

AP Panther Fan
10-07-2007, 02:49 PM
and some of us don't really care...:)

necks_c/09
10-07-2007, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
and some of us don't really care...:) u 2?

AP Panther Fan
10-07-2007, 02:51 PM
u 2?

definitely not worth fretting over;)

luvhoops34
10-07-2007, 02:53 PM
Yeah, it didnt go the way I wanted it to go. I was really just looking for an answer. Nothing more.

There is no answer.

Because it falls under the category of "the mods can do whatever they see fit" rule. So if a post is locked or deleted and you don't understand why, just refer to that rule. :D Then you don't have to worry about making posts such as this one that really serve no purpose.

rockdale80
10-07-2007, 02:54 PM
definitely not worth fretting over;)

There are very few things on this board that get me very excited. Dont worry. I am simply asking a question.....not mad at all.

burnet44
10-07-2007, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Agreed. I'll be the bad mod today and close it.

there is your reason

Is this against the rule to quote?
if so please delete
ty

It was a trap huh?

37 replies

way over on the over/under

Emerson1
10-07-2007, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by burnet44
there is your reason

Is this against the rule to quote?
if so please delete
ty

It was a trap huh?

37 replies

way over on the over/under

It actually is against the rules to quote someone in some cases. That's why jason isn't here anymore.

carter08
10-07-2007, 06:22 PM
I started a "20000 replies" thread DURING the off season and it got closed...

Emerson1
10-07-2007, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by carter08
I started a "20000 replies" thread DURING the off season and it got closed...
I started a see how long it takes to get from 10000 to 1 thread and it was deleted. Nothing can touch the greatness of word association though.

carter08
10-07-2007, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
I started a see how long it takes to get from 10000 to 1 thread and it was deleted. Nothing can touch the greatness of word association though.

I did a "Count to a million" thread once.

We got to 50ish

rundoe
10-07-2007, 06:58 PM

I got in a lot of trouble asking this type of question last season.

rundoe
10-07-2007, 07:01 PM
and some of us don't really care...:)

and some of us do.

LH Panther Mom
10-07-2007, 07:10 PM
PM function - try using it. :thumbsup:

Big Papa
10-07-2007, 07:11 PM

you can say that all you want...it might not be what you wanted but its what you got....im not you so i have no idea what your intention really is but this seems more like it belongs in a pm wiht you and the mods...and youll say your not the only one that wants to know...well if other people really want to know than they can do the same thing in a pm...just like you can do..imo

rundoe
10-07-2007, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

are you talking to me?

KTA
10-07-2007, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

Most of the time, if your dealing with certain people it STILL dont work. I posted a poll about who would be the starting QB at UT next year, and LHPM closed it just because she didnt like it. There was no bashing in the poll, just a straight up question with 4 answers.

There is no bashing or talking down to a mod in my last statement, just FACTS.

Over on the "pig" I used to call a over use of power by a mod GNOG (Green Name Of God) because the mods had green names and they could do what they wanted.....looking back on it, it really wasnt that bad.

sinton66
10-07-2007, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by KTA
Most of the time, if your dealing with certain people it STILL dont work. I posted a poll about who would be the starting QB at UT next year, and LHPM closed it just because she didnt like it. There was no bashing in the poll, just a straight up question with 4 answers.

There is no bashing or talking down to a mod in my last statement, just FACTS.

Over on the "pig" I used to call a over use of power by a mod GNOG (Green Name Of God) because the mods had green names and they could do what they wanted.....looking back on it, it really wasnt that bad.

This ain't Burger King, yall don't get it your way. And FYI, if she hadn't closed it, I would have.

LH Panther Mom
10-07-2007, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by KTA
LHPM closed it just because she didnt like it.
Good job putting words in my mouth and knowing my thoughts at the time, since I specifically said whether or not I liked it had no bearing...nor did I tell you whether or not I liked it. :thumbsup:

That poll has been open for HOURS. Oh, but let's just jump all over the mod......because you can. :rolleyes: