PDA

View Full Version : The 3ADL Disbands the Big XII

BobcatBenny
10-07-2007, 12:34 PM
I don't know if anyone is interested, but you never know.

I have seen several interesting opinions posted recently. . . and it does come from some comments made about Texas Tech.

1. It was suggested that TTU players cannot be taken seriously until Tech wins a championship.
2. The only thing that matters is winning the championship.
3. That Texas Tech should join the WAC, apparently they can't compete in the BIG XII (which may or may not be true).

OK, setting the value of school pride and revenue generated through athletics aside, lets disband the Big XII here on the 3ADL.

So, the Big XII disbands based upon the fact that certain teams will never compete and Texas Tech goes to the WAC.

Here are the other Big XII teams. Where do they go?

Baylor
Colorado
Iowa State
Kansas
Kansas State
Missouri
Nebraska
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
Texas
Texas A&M

JJ7997
10-07-2007, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny

I have seen several interesting opinions posted recently. . . and it does come from some comments made about Texas Tech.

1. It was suggested that TTU players cannot be taken seriously until Tech wins a championship.
3. That Texas Tech should join the WAC, apparently they can't compete in the BIG XII (which may or may not be true).

OK, setting the value of school pride and revenue generated through athletics aside, lets disband the Big XII here on the 3ADL.

So, the Big XII disbands based upon the fact that certain teams will never compete and Texas Tech goes to the WAC.

Baylor
Colorado
Iowa State
Kansas
Kansas State
Missouri
Nebraska
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
Texas
Texas A&M

Mizzou, Iowa State, Kansas, and K-State go into a newly formed Big Midwest conference with outcasts of the Big 10.

Baylor goes to Div. I-AA where it can compete.

Nebraska, Colorado, Blow-U and Okie Lite make the Prarie Dog conference.

Finally, The Aggies and Stumblin' Steers face off ten consecutive weeks in the Texas conference and the winner of the most games gets an automatic bid in the NC game. :D

Gobbla2001
10-07-2007, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by JJ7997

Finally, The Aggies and Stumblin' Steers face off ten consecutive weeks in the Texas conference and the winner of the most games gets an automatic bid in the NC game. :D

Haha...

I say send Nebraska and Iowa State somewhere else... send Baylor to the CUSA then bring in Houston, TCU and try and get Arkansas...

eagles_victory
10-07-2007, 04:34 PM
Bring back the southwest conference: for Texas, A&M Baylor and Tech.... Colorado joins the Pac-10... Iowa St. Kansas Kansas St. Nebraska join the Big Ten bringing it to a monster conference... Missouri joins conference USA Oklahoma and Oklahoma St. join the SEC

JJ7997
10-07-2007, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Bring back the southwest conference: for Texas, A&M Baylor and Tech.... Colorado joins the Pac-10... Iowa St. Kansas Kansas St. Nebraska join the Big Ten bringing it to a monster conference... Missouri joins conference USA Oklahoma and Oklahoma St. join the SEC

Interesting ......:thinking:

3afan
10-07-2007, 05:50 PM
Baylor competes in the Big XII in every other sport ... to boot them because they are not a football power would weaken the Big XII overall

IHStangFan
10-07-2007, 06:03 PM
all confs are disbanded and 8 super confs. are formed. Then a playoff system is implemented for the winners of each conf. Playoffs determines who gets into the NC game.

rundoe
10-07-2007, 07:24 PM

Baylor
Colorado
Iowa State
Kansas
Kansas State
Missouri
Nebraska
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
Texas
Texas A&M

A & M currently #1.

orangeblood
10-07-2007, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
all confs are disbanded and 8 super confs. are formed. Then a playoff system is implemented for the winners of each conf. Playoffs determines who gets into the NC game.

This really makes sense, I like it......

BobcatBenny
10-07-2007, 10:30 PM
Shouldn't Notre Dame, Baylor, SMU, TCU and BYU be in the same conference?

Perhaps with the three Military Academies?

lakers
10-08-2007, 12:18 AM

Now that would be really cool. I like that idea.

icu812
10-08-2007, 08:27 AM

:clap:

Sweetwater Red
10-08-2007, 08:36 AM
I heard rumors that the Big 10 is looking to add another team.
They want to have 12 teams so they can have a championship
game like the Big 12. The rumor is they're looking to add Missouri.

Old Tiger
10-08-2007, 09:05 AM
Western Conference - Cal, USC, UCLA, Oregon, Oregon State, Stanford, Washington, Washington State, Utah, BYU, Boise State, Fresno State, and Hawaii

Southwesterm Conference - Texas, Texas Tech, TCU, Texas A&M, Arizona, Arizona State, Houston, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Arkansas, LSU, Nevada, and New Mexico State

Southeastern Conference - Florida, Miami, Florida State, Georgia, South Carolina, Auburn, Alabama, USF, Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia Tech, Louisville, and Clemson.

Northeastern Conference - Virginia Tech, Boston College, Maryland, Pittsburgh, Rutgers, Syracuse, West Virginia, North Carolina, Ohio State, Penn State, Virginia, Connecticut, North Carolina State

Midwestern Conference - Michigan, Michigan State, Wisconsin, Notre Dame, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Kansas State, Illinois, Air Force, Purdue, Iowa, and Colorado

East At Large Conference - Cincinatti, Indiana, Iowa State, Memphis, Central Florida, Ole Miss, Mississippi, Northwestern, Western Michigan, Wake Forest, Ohio, Navy, and Vanderbilt

West At Large Conference - Rice, SMU, UTEP, Kansas, Louisiana Tech, Stanford, Colorado State, UNLV, New Mexico, Wyoming, Utah State, San Jose State, and Tulsa

Then all the rest and whoever has the best record out of those gets a big into a tournament. 4 teams on each side of it and this bid alternates from each side year to year.

tigerbyheart
10-08-2007, 09:34 AM

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Maroon87
10-08-2007, 10:11 AM

:thumbsup:

Exactly. You have to win your way in.

burnet44
10-08-2007, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
I heard rumors that the Big 10 is looking to add another team.
They want to have 12 teams so they can have a championship
game like the Big 12. The rumor is they're looking to add Missouri.

dumb idea
season ending "conference championship" games are dumb
its only for more money
it kills ya

1. gives your best team a chance of a late season loss thereby killing your conference in the MNC race
2. the BCS is all about staying unbeaten so why give your conference teams another game to possibly lose?
3. any loss is tough to overcome a loss at the end of the season is a killer
4. look at the pac 10 and big 10 no season ending game and these 2 conferences have had teams in the natl champ game

1998 January 4, 1999 1 Tennessee 23 2 Florida State 16 1999
1999 January 4, 2000 1 Florida State 46 2 Virginia Tech 29 2000
2000 January 3, 2001 1 Oklahoma 13 2 Florida State 2 2001
2001 January 3, 2002 1 Miami (Florida) 37 4 Nebraska 14 2002
2002 January 3, 2003 2 Ohio State 31† 1 Miami (Florida) 24 2003
2003 January 4, 2004 2 LSU 21 1 Oklahoma 14 2004 Sugar Bowl
2004 January 4, 2005 1 Southern California 55 2 Oklahoma 19
2005 January 4, 2006 2 Texas 41 1 Southern California 38 2006
2006 January 8, 2007 2 Florida 41 1 Ohio State 14 2007 BCS );

7? years an entry in the BCS game with no conference champ game

please correct me here
I didnt think FSU had a conference championship game?

the season ENDING game is just for money
it kills ya
the NCAA likes em
why
money

Please correct the above mentioned no champ games if I am wrong

I just think it kills ya

didnt CU beat Texas at Texas Stadium and kill them in the rankings?
Texas beating Neb hurt Neb? correct this one too ty

sahen
10-08-2007, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
Baylor competes in the Big XII in every other sport ... to boot them because they are not a football power would weaken the Big XII overall

Not only do we compete we are 3rd or 4th in the Big 12 in national titles....But we suck at football so we should just destroy our whole athletic program...

SUPERMANN5107
10-08-2007, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Western Conference - Cal, USC, UCLA, Oregon, Oregon State, Stanford, Washington, Washington State, Utah, BYU, Boise State, Fresno State, and Hawaii

Southwesterm Conference - Texas, Texas Tech, TCU, Texas A&M, Arizona, Arizona State, Houston, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Arkansas, LSU, Nevada, and New Mexico State

Southeastern Conference - Florida, Miami, Florida State, Georgia, South Carolina, Auburn, Alabama, USF, Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia Tech, Louisville, and Clemson.

Northeastern Conference - Virginia Tech, Boston College, Maryland, Pittsburgh, Rutgers, Syracuse, West Virginia, North Carolina, Ohio State, Penn State, Virginia, Connecticut, North Carolina State

Midwestern Conference - Michigan, Michigan State, Wisconsin, Notre Dame, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Kansas State, Illinois, Air Force, Purdue, Iowa, and Colorado

East At Large Conference - Cincinatti, Indiana, Iowa State, Memphis, Central Florida, Ole Miss, Mississippi, Northwestern, Western Michigan, Wake Forest, Ohio, Navy, and Vanderbilt

West At Large Conference - Rice, SMU, UTEP, Kansas, Louisiana Tech, Stanford, Colorado State, UNLV, New Mexico, Wyoming, Utah State, San Jose State, and Tulsa

Then all the rest and whoever has the best record out of those gets a big into a tournament. 4 teams on each side of it and this bid alternates from each side year to year. I like this idea cause we all know the BCS is the stupidest system ever imagined.