PDA

View Full Version : Cellar Dweller

JJ7997
10-07-2007, 11:32 AM
Who will take over the dubious distinction as bottom feeder in the big 12 south ? Will it be the Bear cubs or the Stumblin' Steers from Austin ?

Old Tiger
10-07-2007, 11:34 AM
Dumb poll. Gary Pinkel and the Missouri Tigers will win the Big 12

JJ7997
10-07-2007, 11:36 AM
No worse than alot of others I've seen .

Old Tiger
10-07-2007, 11:37 AM
You're just asking for something to start up because this board is mainly Texas fans.

JJ7997
10-07-2007, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
You're just asking for something to start up because this board is mainly Texas fans.

No its just an intriguing subject.

Bull Butter
10-07-2007, 11:38 AM

At least someone agrees with my assessment that this board should be re-named "UT Down Low"

Old Tiger
10-07-2007, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by JJ7997
No its just an intriguing subject. Texas will still finish 2cd in the big 12 south. Oklahoma wins and will play Missouri in the Big 12 championship. Missouri will play in the national title game being undefeated

Old Tiger
10-07-2007, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
At least someone agrees with my assessment that this board should be re-named "UT Down Low" I am a UT fan but I get tired of it also. Especially those who go wondering around the net and finding negative articles just to piss the UT fans here off.

JJ7997
10-07-2007, 11:41 AM
Texas will still finish 2cd in the big 12 south. Oklahoma wins and will play Missouri in the Big 12 championship. Missouri will play in the national title game being undefeated

I dont think anyone will finish undefeated. JHMO

Of course, maybe the Jaybirds have a shot. :D

Bull Butter
10-07-2007, 11:43 AM
Who does Mizzou have left on their sked? Can they actually run the table without stumbling?

eagles_victory
10-07-2007, 11:45 AM
Who does Mizzou have left on their sked? Can they actually run the table without stumbling? Ou will beat Mizzou next week i think

Old Tiger
10-07-2007, 11:46 AM
Who does Mizzou have left on their sked? Can they actually run the table without stumbling?

October 13 at Oklahoma
October 20 Texas Tech
October 27 Iowa State
November 3 at Colorado
November 10 Texas A&M
November 17 Kansas State
November 24 at Kansas

This 3 week spand is pretty tough(Nebraska, Oklahoma, Tech)

Plus they have quite a few former 3a players on their roster

LH Panther Mom
10-07-2007, 11:53 AM
At least someone agrees with my assessment that this board should be re-named "UT Down Low"
:tongue: :tongue: Ironic that you say that since I told someone just last night that we were NOT the "UT Downlow". :p

pirate4state
10-07-2007, 12:05 PM
At least someone agrees with my assessment that this board should be re-named "UT Down Low" While I agree that there are more UT fans than any other university on the board - I'd just as soon have all the college talk be GONE! They rarely contribute anything positive to the board and 7 out of 10 times (I just made that up) these threads end up getting closed, not because the mods are UT supporters, because we all aren't, but because you get people throwing out "you're an idiot" "you're a moron" "your mom stinks" crap. :rolleyes:

It always starts out in jest and then you get some over zealous idiot ( :D ) start in with their agenda. If you think I'm talking about YOU (general) than I probably am! :kiss:

JJ7997
10-07-2007, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
some over zealous idiot

Hey, theres none of those on this board !

Phil C
10-07-2007, 12:12 PM
There is a possibility that there might not be any teams with perfect records. I see a controvery coming which is good. You cannot have a real playoff system with No. 1 vs No. 2 because too many teams are worthy and some have more difficult schedule than others. That is why the smaller divisions have the top 16 teams in the playoffs and it has worked for years.
You aren't going to get lucky very often and have something like UT vs UNC work every year. Someday Division 1 will have a good playoffs sytem but it will be slow coming.