PDA

View Full Version : Pray for One of Sinton's former softball opponents

Phil C
10-07-2007, 09:00 AM
She played pitcher for Odem HS until she graduated in 2002. She was an outstanding pitcher and worthy opponent of Riflearm. At that time Sinton, George West and Odem had outstanding softball teams in District 30AAA. All three teams made the playoffs at that time. Her name is Hope Ortiz and she was a worthy opponent and outstanding person. She is now undergoing treatment for Leukemia at M.D. Anderson in Houston. We pray for her successful treatment and complete recovery.

Hope we love you and will be praying for you. You were a great opponent in HS and know you are a fighter and we pray for your complete recovery.

Phil C
10-07-2007, 09:05 AM
I don't like to solicit but in case some of you wish to contribute to help the family in the expenses you can send checks or money orders to payable to Arnold Ortis to:

Bay Area Sports
4701 Ayers #103
Corpus Christi, Texas 78415

I didn't find out about her illness until Friday night. I am sure that her hometown of Odem will be starting fund raisers for her.
Don't hesitate to send what you can even if it is only $1. If 1000 people send $1 that is $1000 which is a big help for gasoline and other travel expense plus help for the hospital. If the same 1000 people were to say $1 isn't much then what they get is $0. Remember many small donations add up to a lot.

Contribute only if you want to. As I said I don't like to solicit donations and if I am out of order the mods can delete this thread. Regardless whether you can donate or not please keep Hope and her family in your prayers.

OnceABucJr
10-07-2007, 11:34 AM
BPhil, there is a fund-raising raffle going on now which will culminate with activities on Oct 28 from 1-4 at the Odem SB field - lots of activites and opportunities to participate & contribute. Raffle/Benefit tickets available now for $50. Raffle prizes are (1) Harley "Fat-Boy" motorcycle (2) Custom-made BBQ pit/smoker (3) UT Canopy tent (4) Reed Supermarket $500 Gift Cert. (5) 10 Speed Bike. I have 10 sets of 10 tickets each I would love to have help selling if anyone is interested in a great cause for a great athlete and a great friend & foe of Sinton softball. BPhill knows how to get in touch with me or I can PM you on the DL.

Phil C
10-07-2007, 12:09 PM
Thank you Once. I will plan to stop by and participate. I am ashamed to say $50 is too much for me but I will be sending a donation through the Bay Area Sports on payday.
And please as I have said no matter how small your donation is it is worthwhile for this outstanding young lady.