PDA

View Full Version : Toss up: Most Penalties, or Worst Refs?

Stownhorse09
10-07-2007, 12:16 AM
So, for anyone who saw the Sweetwater-Borger game,
or listened to it on the radio,
what did you think about the refs?

Personally, I think they were just a little biased [/sarcasm],
but that's just me.

LH Panther Mom
10-07-2007, 12:25 AM
Did they change the game in any way? Were the penalties accurate and called the same for both sides? Was player A-OL ripping the jersey off of player B-T, but player B-OL doing the same to player A-T and getting away with it?

Stownhorse09
10-07-2007, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Did they change the game in any way? Were the penalties accurate and called the same for both sides? Was player A-OL ripping the jersey off of player B-T, but player B-OL doing the same to player A-T and getting away with it?

Well,
three times a touchdown was called back IN A ROW against Sweetwater.

S'water RB Steven Fields was ejected from the game for Two Personal Fouls that never occurred,

but nothing was ever done about the Borger Offensive line holding,
or any block in the backs that so BLATANTLY occurred.

GreenMonster
10-07-2007, 08:56 AM
I think there should be a complete and total ban on threads saying the officials were terrible or biased. These guys have no interest in the outcome. They have a thankless job. There's probably a ton of people in Borger that are saying the exact same thing that you are. Let it go.

TheDOCTORdre
10-07-2007, 09:30 AM
Sweetwater won the game, does this thread even matter?

GetRDoneStangs
10-07-2007, 10:11 AM
I posted this the other morning after returning ffrom Borger on the Sweetwater/Borger game thread. I honostly feel they where not being biased...just in-experienced! 3 members of the crew had less than 5 years of varsity exp and 2 of those at 3 years or less.

Part of my Pre-Game is going to meet the REfs and we record name. position, and YEARS of EXP. Then it is played live on our broadcast just before kick-off. Tonights crew was from the Amarillo Chapter (nothing to the Chapter....but they where a little closer!) ...and was one of the least experienced we have had in years.

Our radio crew repects the rights of the officials and will not talk about actions on the field. I feel if mistakes where made..hopefully we can all learn from such mistakes. I hope they review game films and if calls where correct than continue to call as so....if they made mistakes then that is why they are out there. It was a young crew and the only way to learn is by getting out there and doing it.

They also have not seen a team that was a Wish-Bone orriented attack......the plays and blocking scemes are quite different than the spread.

That being said..Sweetwater wins and now prepares for District play vs Commanche next Friday.......I think the charters should be getting in here pretty quick ...now that it is well past 4 am!!