PDA

View Full Version : Region III GotW (Week 6): China Spring (5-0) @ Waco La Vega (5-0)

JR2004
10-06-2007, 10:36 PM
Man oh man if Madison wasn't playing that night I'd go down to watch this one.

This should be really, really interesting to see whether the Parr Brothers from LaVega can withstand China Spring and their aerial show. I'm going to go with LaVega in this one, but it'll be close. If China can't stop the JT sweep it's going to be a long, long night.

I can't imagine there being a single empty seat at Pirate Field for this one. Heck I'd go just to listen to the good Reverend who does the PA over there in Bellmead. He sure is entertaining. Sounds like he's preaching on a Sunday morning...lol.

eagles_victory
10-06-2007, 10:38 PM
It will be a great game but i think Lavega and the Parrs will be too much

burnet44
10-06-2007, 10:46 PM
China won last year 42-41?
both made the playoffs
China killed by LH?
LaVega went 3 rounds?

winner gets a leg up
loser almost has to win out

a big game

Connally @ Robinson
same difference

district willl be decied early
Robinson plays
Connally
China
LaVega
all in a row

then the Ville and Lorena
by then we will know

Robinson is trying to set a school record
4th straight year in the playoffs

JR2004
10-06-2007, 10:50 PM
China always plays really well against LaVega and it's been pretty heated in recent years. I know that 4 years ago Willie Williams made the UIL bring in officials from an outside chapter (Houston)...He absolutely refused to sign off on a local chapter officiating a game over at China. Luckily he'll have the game at Pirate Field this coming Friday.

Eskew is averaging about 250 yards (1241 yards in 5 games) a game through the air and they're getting more production from their running game I believe this season. Mike Hicks is one heck of an athlete for China as well. He's probably the best WR in the Centex.

R3Editor
10-06-2007, 10:53 PM
Two of the few remaining undefeated teams in 3A will battle it out this week for the lead in the District 17-3A race. Discuss....

marlin fan
10-06-2007, 11:20 PM
This is a tough one i like both their bands!!:thinking:

LH Panther Mom
10-06-2007, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by marlin fan
This is a tough one i like both their bands!!:thinking:
Heyyyyyyy! You have a BN thread. :p ;)

I've heard about Mike Hicks for a couple of years, but didn't get the chance to see him play last season against us. I did see Dustin Eskew and he's a heck of a player! Now, along come the Parr brothers (previously from Mart) and from reading around, they both seem pretty decent too! I'm going to have to think before I vote.....should be a very good game!

marlin fan
10-06-2007, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

I've heard about Mike Hicks for a couple of years, but didn't get the chance to see him play last season against us. I did see Dustin Eskew and he's a heck of a player! Now, along come the Parr brothers (previously from Mart) and from reading around, they both seem pretty decent too! I'm going to have to think before I vote.....should be a very good game! i have to base the game on the band also lol

LH Panther Mom
10-06-2007, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by marlin fan
i have to base the game on the band also lol
Refs might be involved also. ;)

(FWIW - chat JOKE about refs and band :D )

JR2004
10-06-2007, 11:29 PM

I've heard about Mike Hicks for a couple of years, but didn't get the chance to see him play last season against us. I did see Dustin Eskew and he's a heck of a player! Now, along come the Parr brothers (previously from Mart) and from reading around, they both seem pretty decent too! I'm going to have to think before I vote.....should be a very good game!

I didn't catch the whole situation on the Parr Brothers, but wasn't it that they had moved to Mart and then wanted to come back? They both played tailback for LaVega last season when they went 3 rounds and almost upset Giddings. I'd enjoy getting a chance to see them play this year.

Does anyone know if LaVega still has a Rhodes on the roster? It seems like they've had a Rhodes for as long as I can remember. MLB pitcher Arthur Rhodes was a former Pirate once upon a time and it seems like there's been another 300 or so suit up for LaVega from that family...lol.

gobbler grad
10-07-2007, 10:19 AM
without the bands, Waco will take this one at home...:thinking:

JJ7997
10-07-2007, 12:07 PM
Refs might be involved also. ;)

(FWIW - chat JOKE about refs and band :D )

They always are when you're playing in Wacko.

LH Panther Mom
10-07-2007, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
I didn't catch the whole situation on the Parr Brothers, but wasn't it that they had moved to Mart and then wanted to come back? They both played tailback for LaVega last season when they went 3 rounds and almost upset Giddings. I'd enjoy getting a chance to see them play this year.

Does anyone know if LaVega still has a Rhodes on the roster? It seems like they've had a Rhodes for as long as I can remember. MLB pitcher Arthur Rhodes was a former Pirate once upon a time and it seems like there's been another 300 or so suit up for LaVega from that family...lol.
Hmmmmm, that might be about the Parr brothers, I'm not too sure. I haven't really looked into it that much, and hadn't really heard of them before the last couple of months.

I'll see if I can find out about any "Rhodes" kids for La Vega.

eagles_victory
10-07-2007, 01:20 PM
i dont remember any rhodes kids on LVs roster when we played them but then again that doesnt mean they werent there they just might not of been some of the better players... As for the Parrs im not completely sure I just know they moved from Mart to Lavega and were huge for them last year... there was an incident involving them that led to them being suspended for the first two games against Marlin and Groesbeck (there first game back Fairfield which was just great) but now there back and better then ever and i think the rest of Lavegas team is stronger for having won the first two games without them one of those being over a quality Marlin team

JJ7997
10-07-2007, 02:32 PM
La Vega 42 Chinaberry 14

The Pirate ground game will keep the Texas Tech of high school's off the field.

As for the others,

Connally 34 Robinson 13
Gatesville 10 Lorena 9

PlayaJBiehl20
10-07-2007, 09:43 PM
My aunt teaches at CS. I guess Ill go with CS?

formermbcouns
10-07-2007, 10:03 PM
La Vega in this one...

lakers
10-08-2007, 12:33 AM
My family is from waco, so i will be pullin for La Vega on this one.
La Vega by 7...

buff4life
10-08-2007, 07:26 PM
If La Vega has an Offensive line anything like last years, they will run right through China Spring and keep there so-called texas tech like offense off the field...

la vega by 14

burnet44
10-08-2007, 10:07 PM
Vega 41 China 21
China a la PPU wont play any D
hit them in the mouth and its over
Vega can withstand a loss worse than China

Robinson 21 Connally 20
any drive killer-penality-turnover
desides this one
loser has a tough road to hoe
winner will be no worse than 3-2

The Ville 21 Lorena 20
same as above
the loser dont win any more
the winner dont ethier

Darren
10-09-2007, 01:37 PM
I think that La Vega wins this one big. WLV by 21

buff4ever
10-09-2007, 04:54 PM
La Vega takes it by 14 or 17. They have too much talent for china springs right now.

grmfan93
10-09-2007, 07:44 PM
i`m going with china springs

JR2004
10-09-2007, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by burnet44
Vega 41 China 21
China a la PPU wont play any D
hit them in the mouth and its over
Vega can withstand a loss worse than China

I'm not real sure how you can put China Spring and Tech together. Coach Bell usually has a pretty good ground game and none of his teams at China have never been anything resembling soft.

LaVega will have the tougher kids due to the brand of football they play, but it's never bothered China. I just don't see this being a blowout. I really don't remember the last time LV blew out China. I do remember China winning by some lopsided scores in recent years against LaVega.

JR2004
10-09-2007, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
If La Vega has an Offensive line anything like last years, they will run right through China Spring and keep there so-called texas tech like offense off the field...

la vega by 14

Unless Bell has completely transformed his offense from what it's been since his days at Clifton years ago, there's very little about it that resembles what Tech does.

Swarm 51
10-10-2007, 12:01 AM
I'm taking La Vega by 21 over C.S. Coach Williams and his assistants have instilled the "can win" attitude and the team has bought into it. Also, the Pirates are now a much more disciplined group than in the past years. China Springs played a rather soft non-district schedule. The Pirates will be their first real competition, so we will see if the Cougars are for real or not.

JJ7997
10-10-2007, 09:03 AM
Unless Bell has completely transformed his offense from what it's been since his days at Clifton years ago, there's very little about it that resembles what Tech does.

As I was the one who made the original comparison between PPU and Chinaberry let me clarify why I did so.

It was because every couple of years Chinaberry has a new QB and wideouts who pile up all kinds of yards and stats. There always seems to be someone new to come along and do the same thing over. Thats all I was referring to when I made the comparison.

burnet44
10-10-2007, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Swarm 51
\ his assistants have instilled the "can win" attitude and the team has bought into it. Also, the Pirates are now a much more disciplined group than in the past years.

the assistants there have helped the turn around

buff4life
10-10-2007, 12:56 PM

if you didn't read correctly, i put "so-called" meaning someone referred to it before me...

JR2004
10-10-2007, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
if you didn't read correctly, i put "so-called" meaning someone referred to it before me...

Yeah I read it correctly.

Fotbol
10-11-2007, 10:59 AM
La Vega's Secondary all were in Austin last year for the State Meet in Track, I think they can handle CS's Air Attack, but don't be fooled, LV's Wideouts have a little something in store for CS's Secondary, Play action can hurt if you get caught up with the Parr Brothers.

JJ7997
10-11-2007, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Fotbol
La Vega's Secondary all were in Austin last year for the State Meet in Track, I think they can handle CS's Air Attack, but don't be fooled, LV's Wideouts have a little something in store for CS's Secondary, Play action can hurt if you get caught up with the Parr Brothers.

I was wonderin' where ya were ol' Cunbed10, Are you gonna be at the game cheerin' for the Pirates ?

Fotbol
10-12-2007, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by JJ7997
I was wonderin' where ya were ol' Cunbed10, Are you gonna be at the game cheerin' for the Pirates ? Never The only Central Texas Teams I cheer for is MB