PDA

View Full Version : Comments about RII Week 6 GotW

JR2004
10-06-2007, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
Yes, i know the odds are Brownsboro vs Van will be more exciting

but unless you've been at one of these games, you don't fully appreciate how big this game is for the entire area, not just the two schools

I could say the same for Madison-Lincoln when they played the South Dallas Super Bowl. Even though Lincoln was a heavy favorite, it was still the biggest game in DISD that week because of how long the two schools have been rivals and how heated it is in that neighborhood. They go all the way back to the PVIL days long before either were in the UIL.

I'll be sure to suggest that one as a game of the week for next season even if Lincoln is going to be down. Not much of a problem really with the reasoning here on your alma mater and Pilot Point for this coming week, just found that other game to be much bigger.

LH Panther Mom
10-06-2007, 02:09 PM
3rd time for Celina as GotW? :confused:

charlesrixey
10-06-2007, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

the first was a region 3 gotw

BobcatBenny
10-06-2007, 02:28 PM
Celina vs. Robinson
Frisco Wakeland vs. Celina
Celina vs. Pilot Point

Mom those are killer games.

You should have seen the environment last night. It was a beautiful sight.

And PP will be even crazier. What are we to do?

What will the region think if Whitesboro keeps winning?

Whitesboro vs. Celina (GotW potential)

. . . and if Whitesboro has a game where a win guarantees the play-offs it will be another district 9 GotW. How could it not be?

I know district 23 thinks it has a monopoly on an exciting district, but this district has the potential to be insane . . . if things keep going like they are.

Then you look at the region.
Royse City
Gilmer
Brownsboro
Van
Quinlan-Ford
Pittsburg
et al

Rixey you do not owe anyone an apology, you have a tough job.

. . . but, you are my homie! :D

LH Panther Mom
10-06-2007, 02:36 PM
the first was a region 3 gotw
Region II Zero Week (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=69094&highlight=GotW)

charlesrixey
10-06-2007, 02:38 PM
Region II Zero Week (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=69094&highlight=GotW)

alright, you got me

but that was kof's fault

it was supposed to be region III, i think

pirate4state
10-06-2007, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
Brownsboro and Van have a bigger game than this one. Agreed --- :dispntd:

LH Panther Mom
10-06-2007, 06:11 PM
alright, you got me

but that was kof's fault

it was supposed to be region III, i think
Sorry, but no, it wasn't his fault. Supposed to be, yes, but it was already Region II GotW before R3Editor had a chance to post it, so another was chosen for Region III. :)

BobcatBenny
10-06-2007, 06:17 PM
Ut Oh! Rixey is gettin womanized! :D

charlesrixey
10-06-2007, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
Ut Oh! Rixey is gettin womanized! :D

no kiddin!:eek:

charlesrixey
10-06-2007, 06:20 PM
nobody said anything when clyde kept getting put on game of the week

it just so happens there aren't a huge number of great games in reg. 2 every week

pirate4state
10-06-2007, 06:24 PM

it just so happens there aren't a huge number of great games in reg. 2 every week

it's your call. it just looks messed up that you are a Celina fan and already half the GOTWs have been Celina games, that's all i'm saying.

JR2004
10-06-2007, 06:38 PM

Well personally the region I pay attention to the most for obvious reasons is Region II and occasionally Region III because of Gatesvile and a few other teams.

P4S makes a valid point. Half the games of the week have involved Celina. There are other good games in the region and it's good to spread the love to other teams even if you might not know as much about them as you will about Celina. Spreading the love to other schools helps to encourage more folks from other schools to post in my opinion and it gives the board a more inclusive feel to it instead of just being here for the benefit of a handful of teams.

Well except for Pittsburg. Putting them up really didn't get any of their fans to post. Then again after last night I don't know that I'd be posting if I was from Pitt for a good long while. :doh:

charlesrixey
10-06-2007, 06:45 PM
Well personally the region I pay attention to the most for obvious reasons is Region II and occasionally Region III because of Gatesvile and a few other teams.

P4S makes a valid point. Half the games of the week have involved Celina. There are other good games in the region and it's good to spread the love to other teams even if you might not know as much about them as you will about Celina. Spreading the love to other schools helps to encourage more folks from other schools to post in my opinion and it gives the board a more inclusive feel to it instead of just being here for the benefit of a handful of teams.

Well except for Pittsburg. Putting them up really didn't get any of their fans to post. Then again after last night I don't know that I'd be posting if I was from Pitt for a good long while. :doh:

alright
ya'll warmed up my cold heart;)

LH Panther Mom
10-06-2007, 06:53 PM
(I don't think we have any Pitt fans....... ;) )

charlesrixey
10-06-2007, 07:01 PM
can someone un-sticky and un gotw this thread, please?

or just delete it:(

JR2004
10-06-2007, 07:04 PM
(I don't think we have any Pitt fans....... ;) )

There was at least two that signed up from Smoaky the week they had game of the week. They just didn't post at all.

mr.leopard man
10-06-2007, 08:57 PM
Prosper vs Frisco W. should be interesting game this friday also...both with one district loss already...

bobcat1
10-06-2007, 10:11 PM
I guess LHPM and P4S could have jumped up there and volunteered to be Region II Coordinator too. Kinda like an armchair QB or a back seat driver, ain't it?:p Ain't there anything exciting to pick apart in Reg. III or IV?:D

BobcatBenny
10-06-2007, 10:19 PM
Maybe there needs to be a rule that there is no open questioning of regional coordinators decisions on the DL? After all, this ain't a democracy. :doh:

LH Panther Mom
10-06-2007, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
I guess LHPM and P4S could have jumped up there and volunteered to be Region II Coordinator too. Kinda like an armchair QB or a back seat driver, ain't it?:p Ain't there anything exciting to pick apart in Reg. III or IV?:D
Just a question to think about before you decide this is "anti-Celina". How many games have there been in Region II this season?

Now, I picked all four regional games the past two seasons, so come up with another argument. In my mind there was NEVER a more important game than the one my child was involved in. But I did manage to find AMPLE games throughout the year in my own region that had nothing to do with my team.

This game is apparently the most important game IN Region II. I'm splitting off the comments about the choice onto another thread.

bobcat1
10-07-2007, 07:05 AM
Gosh I was just playin' No need to get into a tizzy until December.;) :p Never thought about it being anti Celina. I know you are pulling for us, just as we are pulling for the Panthers to return to the state game to meet us. :D

necks_c/09
10-07-2007, 07:47 AM
as benny said, these were all highly anticipated big time games between big time programs.

I have no reason to like celina more than any other team, but when there are matchups between powerhouses.

It NEEDS to be gotw.

Celina has earned the respect not to be questioned in any way shape or form, and until somebody comes along and can rightfully say that their game is more anticpated/ meaningful than any of these games, then it should stay as Rixey has made them.

Celina-Robinson ( both sate finalists last year, hello)
Celina- Frisco Wakeland ( celina top 5, FW top 20, and its a district game)
Celina-PP( another highly anticipated district game)

All are deserving.

3afan
10-07-2007, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny

Mom those are killer games.

in the immediate area maybe - but not for the entire Region ....