PDA

View Full Version : Rockdale vs Marlin

keep_it_real
10-05-2003, 11:57 PM
Whats gonna happen, why is it gonna happen, and how is it gonna happen?!?!?!?!

MARLINFAN
10-06-2003, 01:07 AM
WHO HAS ROCKDALE played this yr

cunbed10
10-06-2003, 08:29 AM
MARLINFAN:
WHO HAS ROCKDALE played this yrI Can tell you who they haven't played...Waco University, Hewitt-Midway, Burnet, and Ennis.

BIG19
10-06-2003, 09:37 AM
Is this their first district game? No matter, I am taking Marlin by 21. Time for the dogs to be let loose.

CHS_Grad '85
10-06-2003, 09:55 AM
It's not like Marlin sat down and quietly lost those games... they are a strong group of kids and they know where they want to be for post season... I think Smith is healthy again and will be an asset to the game... Marlin should win this one...

linkon
10-06-2003, 02:01 PM
This game has the chance to b a good one...if rockdale plays extremely good and has no turnovers...but i know Marlin is gonna b lookin for a victory. and marlin is no joke so its either gonna b a good game or a blowout? O yea is tank back?????????

Bellville22
10-06-2003, 03:38 PM
Marlin 38
Rockdale 7

duckbutter
10-06-2003, 03:59 PM
Marlin 21
Rockdale 14

marlin fan
10-06-2003, 04:02 PM
i think it might be a little closer to last years score 24-0

<small>[ October 06, 2003, 04:07 PM: Message edited by: marlin fan ]</small>

Chris Hart
10-06-2003, 04:59 PM
If Marlin abandons the passing game and relies on their strength of running, then they win BIG 35-7. If they continue to try and throw the ball too much then they should win 21-7. Marlin definately needs the passing game in the playoffs, but right now I'd RUN the ball and gain some confidence.

GoForIt
10-06-2003, 05:35 PM
THis is a hard one to forecast because Marlin, true, has played tougher foes but Rockdale knows it has to win those its not expected to because of how even the district is. Still though: Marlin 27, Rockdale 20

keep_it_real
10-06-2003, 08:06 PM
Rockdale will have to step up this week, they are coming off a sloppy win against an improving Smithville and one other win against Elgin. ahhheeemmmm shouldve beat Giddings cough cough 5 turnovers cough cough........ injury has hurt them the entire season, but hopefully with the week off last week the injured will be healed up enough. I know that there is at least one starter still out though and i HOPE Michael menley will be back. We havent had him since the first half of the first game against Bellville in which bellville was held to 6 points I believe. i WOULD LIKE TO SAY ONE MORE THING IN CASE ANY TIGERS READ THIS, JUST BECAUSE YOUR PICKED TO LOSE DOESNT MEAN YOU HAVE TO BELIEVE IT AND NOT EXPECT TO WIN, IF THAT WAS THE CASE i WOULD JUST TELL EVERY OTHER TEAM ROCKDALES WINNING BY 5 TOUCHDOWNS!!!!!! NOW ITS DISTRICT SO BRING HAT!!!!!

keep_it_real
10-06-2003, 08:08 PM
I got sofired up I forgot to give my prediction. Rockdale 17 Marlin 10.

Pudlugger
10-06-2003, 08:10 PM
keep_it_real:
Rockdale will have to step up this week, they are coming off a sloppy win against an improving Smithville and one other win against Elgin. ahhheeemmmm shouldve beat Giddings cough cough 5 turnovers cough cough........ injury has hurt them the entire season, but hopefully with the week off last week the injured will be healed up enough. I know that there is at least one starter still out though and i HOPE Michael menley will be back. We havent had him since the first half of the first game against Bellville in which bellville was held to 6 points I believe. i WOULD LIKE TO SAY ONE MORE THING IN CASE ANY TIGERS READ THIS, JUST BECAUSE YOUR PICKED TO LOSE DOESNT MEAN YOU HAVE TO BELIEVE IT AND NOT EXPECT TO WIN, IF THAT WAS THE CASE i WOULD JUST TELL EVERY OTHER TEAM ROCKDALES WINNING BY 5 TOUCHDOWNS!!!!!! NOW ITS DISTRICT SO BRING HAT!!!!!Great post KIR! My sentiments exactly!! :D :D :D

BHS#1
10-06-2003, 09:19 PM
If Tank is healty I think the score will be around
Marlin 30 something to 7

BHS#1
10-06-2003, 09:24 PM
Maybe Rockdale 14 or 21. I havent seen them play sense the last time they played Burnet about two years back wasent it. I know Burnet won the last game they played against them.

BrahmaMom
10-06-2003, 10:06 PM
KIR, I love that enthusiasm, accompanied by words of wisdom. You're a great role model, hope you can be there to inspire the Tigers. Good luck, Rockdale. The Brahmas may have beaten you two years in a row, but you kept a piece of them last year. Go after Marlin, KIR may be telling folks all kinds of great things out there you gotta live up to!

linkon
10-06-2003, 10:14 PM
KIR your words are strong...you speak with much wisdom... im glad rockdale has fans like you and im glad i know you in person I cant wait till friday to see rockdale play marlin hopefully it will b a great game GO ROCKDALE !!!

keep_it_real
10-07-2003, 01:15 PM
Thanks guys, Rockdale has played Bellville, Elgin, Taylor, Smithville, and Giddings..... the schedule has't been an easy one if thats what you mean. Taylor will beat Ennis too. Bellville is as solid as they come, maybe cant match burnetts offense, but Bellvilles Defense is better, alot better. Elgin is picked to win their district, so is Bellville, Taylor is knocking off top ranked teams, I believe they are # 4 now.

Pandora
10-07-2003, 01:18 PM
Marlin by 24.

Bellville22
10-07-2003, 02:04 PM
keep_it_real
[QB] Taylor will beat Ennis too. Bellville is as solid as they come, maybe cant match burnetts offense, but Bellvilles Defense is better, alot better. QB]Pretty bold statements there. Hard for me to believe either.

Greenwoodbro
10-07-2003, 02:08 PM
From what i hear Marlin isnt what they were supposed to be, i hear they r overated.

Lombardi
10-07-2003, 03:20 PM
Marlin is salty.Don't let their record fool you.They are a top 10 3A football team..

BrahmaMom
10-07-2003, 06:38 PM
I was surprised by the statement that sounded like Bellville's defense was stronger than our offense. Up until we played Rice, I felt a lot more confident of our offense than defense. Oh well, Rockdale's been up against some good teams, they should be ready! Good Luck!

keep_it_real
10-07-2003, 07:12 PM
Hmmmmmm..... yeah I would like to take back that statement, actually both of them.... I was just trying to point out that the tigers havent been playing powder puffs. Sorry guys.

marlinbulldogplayer
10-07-2003, 09:07 PM
the tank is back in will get the start this week against rockdale. he is around 95 to 100% so he should do pretty good this week. but best of luck to both teams.

cunbed10
10-08-2003, 07:26 AM
marlinbulldogplayer:
the tank is back in will get the start this week against rockdale. he is around 95 to 100% so he should do pretty good this week. but best of luck to both teams.Well the season starts for Marlin right now, no more games that doesn't count, Bring it or get it brought 2 YA!

cunbed10
10-08-2003, 08:29 AM
keep_it_real:
Thanks guys, Rockdale has played Bellville, Elgin, Taylor, Smithville, and Giddings..... the schedule has't been an easy one if thats what you mean. Taylor will beat Ennis too. Bellville is as solid as they come, maybe cant match burnetts offense, but Bellvilles Defense is better, alot better. Elgin is picked to win their district, so is Bellville, Taylor is knocking off top ranked teams, I believe they are # 4 now.Taylor could not stay with Ennis, even if they live together.

cunbed10
10-08-2003, 08:31 AM
Greenwoodbro:
From what i hear Marlin isnt what they were supposed to be, i hear they r overated.Let's hope so for your sake, If I listened to everything I heard, Midland Greenwood was quite slow as a team, but it's a good thing that I don't listen to what I hear huh!

keep_it_real
10-08-2003, 04:55 PM
Yeah probably not..............

MRHXIIIMAN07
10-08-2003, 06:32 PM
whatever dudes

<small>[ October 08, 2003, 06:33 PM: Message edited by: MRHXIIIMAN07 ]</small>

olddawggreen
10-08-2003, 08:06 PM
Go get em Marlin, show them your real stuff! Im picking you to take district. Good Luck and play hard!

go4it
10-08-2003, 09:16 PM
Rockdale 36, Marlin 24

HornetMom
10-08-2003, 09:53 PM
MRHXIIIMAN07:
whatever dudesThat's an unusual name. What does it stand for?

GoForIt
10-08-2003, 11:48 PM
Marlin 24, Rockdale 10

keep_it_real
10-09-2003, 01:03 AM
Rockdale 21 Marlin 13

espn1
10-09-2003, 07:32 AM
keep_it_real:
Thanks guys, Rockdale has played Bellville, Elgin, Taylor, Smithville, and Giddings..... the schedule has't been an easy one if thats what you mean. Taylor will beat Ennis too. Bellville is as solid as they come, maybe cant match burnetts offense, but Bellvilles Defense is better, alot better. Elgin is picked to win their district, so is Bellville, Taylor is knocking off top ranked teams, I believe they are # 4 now.Man! You should apply for a job at Disney. What an imagination. If Taylor played Ennis 10 times. Ennis would win 11 of them. Marlin will win this game hands down.

Matthew328
10-09-2003, 07:36 AM
Wow Taylor beating Ennis...that gave me a good laugh before class...unreal the things people will say...Ennis beats Taylor by 60 and makes Taylor like it...

cant stop me
10-09-2003, 11:33 AM
Rockdale 16 Marlin 10

keep_it_real
10-09-2003, 01:19 PM
Dude, I Don't really think that Taylor would beat Ennis, but they are a better team than Marlin was a year ago, and no body thought Ennis was gonna lose to Marlin, look what happened, I promise they could.......

cunbed10
10-09-2003, 03:19 PM
cant stop me:
Rockdale 16 Marlin 10I would like to take some of the Drugs you are doing, if this gets you this high imagine how high the Titantic would get, probably out of the depths of the big blue sea :D

cant stop me
10-09-2003, 03:38 PM
na i dont share .... but u prolly havnt ever even seen rockdale play? they have the talent to beat Marlin its just if they can put it together, and have no turnover's and stupid mistakes. Really i just wanna see a good game not a blow out ...

cant stop me
10-09-2003, 03:39 PM
never mind im sure u have seen rockdale play lol but they have talent

M-square
10-09-2003, 06:17 PM
Marlin can beat anybody. I expect Marlin to crush Rockdale by 30 points.

Rockdale Who!!!!!

Bulldog for Life

Pudlugger
10-09-2003, 08:05 PM
M-square:
Marlin can beat anybody. I expect Marlin to crush Rockdale by 30 points.

Rockdale Who!!!!!

Bulldog for LifeAnswer me this M-Square: If Marlin can beat anybody how come they have lost 4 games and the only team they could beat in the past 5 weeks is a tiny 2A school-Mart? Explain it to me like I'm 6 years old so the others posting on this board from Marlin can understand. Thanks. :mad:

Tanglefoot
10-09-2003, 09:00 PM
Go, Marlin. You can do it!!!

cant stop me
10-09-2003, 09:57 PM
yeah i guess we will c rockdale get crushed tommarow.....But i expect it to b a good game but if rockdale does win that would b funny and i hope they do but i got respect for marlin to there a very good team!! but go ROCKDALE!!

GoForIt
10-09-2003, 10:08 PM
It's funny how an upset like last year vs. Ennis can cause a town to stay a little in denial over the current situation. It think that upset was the worst thing that could happen to them because they have rested on those laurels. The talent is there but they need to get back into the game mentally as well.

<small>[ October 09, 2003, 10:08 PM: Message edited by: GoForIt ]</small>

M-square
10-10-2003, 10:08 AM
Pudlugger:
I bet LaGrange couldn't beat us. The only reason yall beat us the first time was because for that poor kick-off that yall did. Now if yall think that yall can beat us wait until the playoffs. Just because yall couldn't beat Rockdale doesn't mean that we cant. I bet that we even beat yall by 30 points like last year.

Pudlugger
10-10-2003, 10:20 AM
M-square:
Pudlugger:
I bet LaGrange couldn't beat us. The only reason yall beat us the first time was because for that poor kick-off that yall did. Now if yall think that yall can beat us wait until the playoffs. Just because yall couldn't beat Rockdale doesn't mean that we cant. I bet that we even beat yall by 30 points like last year.You still didn't answer my question. And BTW the 2000 score was only close 'cause our dbs let the receiver catch the ball in the endzone with no time left on the clock. It didn't matter if Marlin scored except it made yall feel better about the game. La Grange led in all stats and nobody thinks Marlin should have won. Fielding kick-offs is as much an aspect of football as catching a pass for a touchdown. Have you ever heard of "Special Teams"? Many close games are decided by the kicking and returning game. Go get some victories before you get on the board and talk trash about who yall can beat. :mad:

theyoefnshow
10-10-2003, 10:20 AM
what's sad is that Marlin bases their success/lack there of on the basis of one player. I'm not going to be suprised one bit if Rockdale wins tonight.

theyoefnshow
10-10-2003, 10:32 AM
btw, I LIKE the dawgs...just wish they'd use all the weapons at once u know?

M-square
10-10-2003, 10:38 AM
Pudlugger
We don't need any victories if we know yall wouldn't put that years team against against ours. Did you know that Tye Gunn And Jeremy Modkins(our quarterback) go to the same school in TCU. But any way we would come to yall home town and beat yall.

2k3_QB_10
10-10-2003, 02:16 PM
This should be a test for Rockdale, even though the odds are against them. If you believe, anything can happen. Marlin believed they could beat Ennis last year, and they did. Rockdale has to believe in order to win this match up. Maybe coach creghan has some tricks up his sleeve for this game? The game is played on the field, not on here, meaning, predictions don't mean anything!!!!

keep_it_real
10-10-2003, 02:54 PM
MAN I CANT WAIT UNTIL TONIGHT!!!! ITS FOOTBALL WEATHER AND WE ARE GONNA BE AT TIGER STADIUM.... ONE MORE THING YOU MAY BE ABLE TO CONTAIN JAMAL SOMEWHAT BECAUSE OF MARLINS SPEED, BUT YOU CANT STOPP STRYKER SULAK #99..... EVERYBODY FROM MARLIN I WANT YOU ALL TO WATCH AND SEE HOW MANY TIMES THE BALL GOES TO HIS SIDE......COME ON ROCKDALE TONIGHTS THE NIGHT BOYS!!!!!!! MAKE EM FEEL YOU!

olddawggreen
10-11-2003, 08:48 AM
49-Zip I TOOOOOLD YOU SO! Way to go Marlin, now go win your district.

BrahmaMom
10-11-2003, 11:26 AM
KIR: If you could bottle and sell that level of enthusiasm, you'd have something there! Nobody can say you didn't give it all you had!

keep_it_real
10-11-2003, 12:52 PM
I want to see Marlin and Bellville Play. Pound for pound almost an even identical matchup, Marlin is up on speed, Bellville is up on execution and power.

BrahmaMom
10-11-2003, 02:17 PM
That'd be an intense match-up, wouldn't it?

M-square
10-12-2003, 08:16 PM
Pudlugger

M-square
10-12-2003, 08:17 PM
Pudlugger
Didn't i say that we were going to beat them by 30 points. WEll i guess you can say 50. But check this out i bet you are a believer now. After we win this week we are going to be calling yall out.

Pudlugger
10-13-2003, 06:54 AM
M-square:
Pudlugger
Didn't i say that we were going to beat them by 30 points. WEll i guess you can say 50. But check this out i bet you are a believer now. After we win this week we are going to be calling yall out.Marlin has a long haul before they could meet La Grange in the playoffs and there are some excellent teams in the way so just keep your powder dry son. :rolleyes:

M-square
10-13-2003, 09:33 AM
Pudlugger
You just keep your powder dry son becuase when we get to you i am going to make LaGrange feel like a stepchild just stole something. Marlin will make it to yall so don't worry about it. wink