PDA

View Full Version : 5A people

eagles_victory
10-06-2007, 06:43 PM
I was watching the texas ou game with a kid who played high school for 5a Klien... He said how did they find Colt Mccoy playing for a 2a theres no talent in 2a you dont start seeing talented players at least until 4a... Earlier he refered to all 2a and 3a teams being country boys just getting after it... I was bothered by this i truely hope all 5a fans players and coaches dont believe this

Old Tiger
10-06-2007, 06:45 PM
They do believe it.

3a and 2a players off the top of my head that played in the game today;
Deon Beasley
Manual Johnson
Billy Pittman
Quan Cosby
Colt McCoy
Jordan Shipley

Others on the roster that I can think of.
Curtis Brown
The other WO-S guy

mistanice
10-06-2007, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
They do believe it.

Deon Beasley
Manual Johnson
Billy Pittman
Quan Cosby
Colt McCoy
Jordan Shipley

Curtis Brown
The other WO-S guy

and Diboll native Jermichael Finley

not only that 3 former east Texas stars had TD's. Kelly and Vondrell from Longview and of course Finley

3afan
10-06-2007, 07:25 PM
the topic is not even worth discussing .....

charlesrixey
10-06-2007, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
the topic is not even worth discussing .....

amen!

Johnny 5
10-06-2007, 07:41 PM
They do believe it. Take a gander at the RGV sports forums and look at the wekly top 10 threads. It is sad.

eagles_victory
10-06-2007, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
the topic is not even worth discussing ..... and who r u to decide whats worth talking about and what isnt

turbostud
10-06-2007, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Johnny 5
They do believe it. Take a gander at the RGV sports forums and look at the wekly top 10 threads. It is sad.
Do you honestly think Rio Hondo would beat anyone on that top 10 list? I dont think they would. Doesnt mean RH has no talent. Look at PI. They have loads of talent year in and year out. Maybe RH should schedule someone on that list to find out where they rank. Edcouch Elsa(4a) comes to mind.

Perfect example is PI quit playing Los Fresnos(after they moved to 5a) for that reason alone. They could no longer compete. Now they just scrimmage. The Battle of Hwy 100 no longer exists.

block&tackle
10-06-2007, 10:13 PM
They do believe it.

Deon Beasley
Manual Johnson
Billy Pittman
Quan Cosby
Colt McCoy
Jordan Shipley

Curtis Brown
The other WO-S guy
OU's Alex English from Canadian - they knocked Colt's Jim Ned team out of the 2A playoffs in '04, although he was not a big factor in that game on the defensive side of the ball.

bandera7
10-07-2007, 01:05 PM
that comment is funny...considering that the two major football programs in Texas are led by a 3a and a 2a quarterback. And even Tech's QB isnt 5a, Ennis is 4a. We played McGee and Shipley in High school, back when we had the roughest district in the state with Burnet, Liberty Hill, Wimberley, Bandera, and Llano...and out of that district in 2002 Bandera and Burnet both played for a state championship. I have to say, lots of talent there, I hate that people make stupid generalizations like that.

Gobbla2001
10-07-2007, 01:08 PM
Two Words: Eric Dickerson

burnet44
10-07-2007, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Two Words: Eric Dickerson

2 words

Stud

he only needed 1 word lol
he didnt have a 100 vs us
but they won 21-6
and thats what counted

snydertiger2010
10-07-2007, 01:28 PM
They do believe it.

Deon Beasley
Manual Johnson
Billy Pittman
Quan Cosby
Colt McCoy
Jordan Shipley

Curtis Brown
The other WO-S guy

Not all of them believe that, my cousin graduated last year from a 5a school and they didn't think that

3afan
10-07-2007, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
and who r u to decide whats worth talking about and what isnt

just offering my opinion on the topic

Johnny 5
10-07-2007, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
Do you honestly think Rio Hondo would beat anyone on that top 10 list? I dont think they would. Doesnt mean RH has no talent. Look at PI. They have loads of talent year in and year out. Maybe RH should schedule someone on that list to find out where they rank. Edcouch Elsa(4a) comes to mind.

Perfect example is PI quit playing Los Fresnos(after they moved to 5a) for that reason alone. They could no longer compete. Now they just scrimmage. The Battle of Hwy 100 no longer exists.

WTH does that have to do with anything?

PlayaJBiehl20
10-07-2007, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Johnny 5

Not that 2a and 3a isn't good football, but the straight fact is, that there isn't as much talent as 5a. 4a and 3a are pretty close until you get into the top 5 of 4a.