PDA

View Full Version : The future of Caldwell

hornetz_kik-azz
10-24-2002, 07:23 PM
I firmly believe that the seniors that are in Caldwell now are paving a road for a new breed of Hornets. Now, I'm sure that there are a few people who may be skeptical, but I have been in high school for only 2 years, and have seen the finatic change. Last year the team was a good one as far as athletic talent goes, but their hearts weren't in it, like the seniors this year are. Now, I take that back there were a few of the seniors who loved the game and would have given everything up for it. But I'm sure you understand my point. I feel that with the up-kept attitude of the seniors now, in the years to come, our team will succeed in leaps and bounds. GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE HORNETS THIS FRIDAY; FOOTBALL, VOLLEYBALL, AND THE CHEERLEADERS. BEAT MARLIN. oh yea, HornetPride sucks nutz. That varsity cheerleader you talked about earlier was my friend. And not to mention what you said about the team!

Gatsby
10-24-2002, 08:22 PM
I appreciate your optimism, and I concur. I believe the Caldwell Hornets will improve.

However, I do believe it is necessary for all participants to realize that is the journey, not the destination that is important. It is the struggle that makes you who you are, not whether or not you win.

Ponder this. Most athletes (or cheeleaders, or band members) upon leaving high school never participate in such events again. So why are these events important to their future? They shape their character.

Failure is not the loss of a game, or the inability of a team to advance, but rather, failure is the knowledge that the team did not put in every ounce of power from their mind, body, and soul into what they did. One KNOWS when they have failed to do this.

I just want you to remember this.
Give yourself for that which you wish to achieve, and you have truly lost nothing, regardless of the outcomes of your efforts.

hornetz_kik-azz
10-24-2002, 08:33 PM
I LIKE POO...

hornetz_kik-azz
10-24-2002, 10:02 PM
hornetpride is a dumba$$

hotstuff
10-25-2002, 07:40 AM
I agree. Now go figure out which person it is in fourth period P.E. class whose parent is Hornet Pride. He's right under your nose.