PDA

View Full Version : Bellville Brahmas vs Navasota Rattlers

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-06-2007, 02:28 PM
This will be a very big game for both teams, with Giddings and Caldwell in this district, Bellville and Navasota need this win to stay in the play-off hunt. Giddings the #1 team in 3a, and Caldwell sould be in the top 10 this week after 2 impressive wins over good teams, looks that these two will battle for the top spot.
This district once again will leave a very good team out of the play-offs this year.
Will having the game in Bellville @ the Pasture of Pain give the Brahmas the edge or will the Rattlers be to much for Bellvillle?
Give your take on this one.

Bull's-eye
10-06-2007, 02:54 PM
Bellville will need to be a lot sharper than they showed against St. Thomas. Bellville has moved the ball on all their opponents, but turnovers and penalties has been their achilles heel. Special teams hasn't look too good, especially extra points and kick-offs.

necks_c/09
10-06-2007, 03:19 PM
Bellville by 10-14 cuz thats how much better they are.

Unless they have multiple TO's, they should win this one

KL3
10-06-2007, 03:59 PM
I could see this one going either way. It's fair week in Bellville also, so thats not good. IMO, this game will determine 3rd place in the district.

navscanmaster
10-06-2007, 04:12 PM
I think that some credit should be given to Navasota in that they won big WITHOUT Dexter Pratt. If he is healthy, it just depends on which Navasota defense shows up to play. Does somebody have a stat update on Nunn? Is it him or Brock leading the district, or somebody from Caldwell?

necks_c/09
10-06-2007, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
I think that some credit should be given to Navasota in that they won big WITHOUT Dexter Pratt. If he is healthy, it just depends on which Navasota defense shows up to play. Does somebody have a stat update on Nunn? Is it him or Brock leading the district, or somebody from Caldwell? If i had to guess, i would say brock or most likely the cantu kid from caldwell, everybody is saying hes a beast

KL3
10-06-2007, 05:12 PM
Nunn now has 809 yards on 105 carries for a 7.7 yard average.

KL3
10-06-2007, 05:14 PM
they won big WITHOUT Dexter Pratt.

Didn't he just miss part of the 4th quarter?

Bull's-eye
10-06-2007, 05:19 PM
Does somebody have a stat update on Nunn? Is it him or Brock leading the district, or somebody from Caldwell?

Nunn should have 809 yards on 105 attempts. The Chronicle mistakenly gave his St. Thomas stats to another player.

zebrablue2
10-06-2007, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by KL3
I could see this one going either way. It's fair week in Bellville also, so thats not good. IMO, this game will determine 3rd place in the district.

agreed.

IHStangFan
10-06-2007, 06:20 PM
this ought to be a good one. I'll take Bellville by 10

scotty
10-06-2007, 06:49 PM
Bellville has been piling up points, but it's hard to tell how good they really are. Their wins came over teams that aren't very impressive and their only loss is to a team that took a bad whipping in its last outing. District 23-3A should be a good race. Chances are that the top three teams from 23 should move into round two in the playoffs as 24 hasn't proven to be very strong. An average third place team from 24 could play for a while more. We'll see.

KL3
10-06-2007, 08:01 PM
In that Barbers Hill game Bellville was up 21-6 midway through the 2nd quarter and then proceded to lose 4 fumbles and 3 interceptions. Two of those fumbles were inside Bellville's 5 yard line setting up easy Barbers Hill scores.

HEMOTOXIC
10-06-2007, 08:35 PM
This one should be a good game. Maybe not as good as the 2004 game. Haven't seen Bellville play thus far, but I bet that they will play a solid game as usual. Navasota has the potential to be a very dangerous team heading into district play. It all depends on which team shows up to play. The one who beat the winless Cleveland Indians by 7 or the team that beat the Coldspring Trojans by the score of 54 to 30 inwhich everyone predicted them to lose to. If Navasota can have the type of game that they had against Coldspring, it will be tough for anyone in the district to beat them, especially coming into Rattler Stadium.

BrahmaMom
10-06-2007, 09:03 PM
This has become quite a rivalry and should be a nailbiter. Let's hope the Brahmas work on TO's this week. Fair week--ugh. I hope the curfew is set and the coaches make those calls to the home numbers like the old days. Get ready, Bulls, this is a BIG game!

Bull's-eye
10-07-2007, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
This one should be a good game. Maybe not as good as the 2004 game.

That was a great game, even though Bellville came out on the short end of the scoreboard. I remember the Bellville stands giving both teams a standing ovation.

BrahmaMom
10-07-2007, 06:29 PM
2004 WAS an awesome game. The Brahmas are on a roll. Keep it going, Bulls! Don't let the Fair distract you!

zebrablue2
10-07-2007, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
That was a great game, even though Bellville came out on the short end of the scoreboard. I remember the Bellville stands giving both teams a standing ovation.

2004. what a war. 34-31 bellville with less than a minute to play. navasota had fourth and about 15 from the 25 of bellville. screen play, and touchdown. 37-34 rattlers. I was one of the sickest parents in the stands.

rancher
10-07-2007, 08:03 PM
Bellville in the last three games has not looked like the Bellville of the first two games. Against Sealy and Columbia, Bellville played very discipline, few pentalities and turnovers. The last three games the other side of the coin. Bellville must play mistake free and not play like the last three games. If they play like they did against Sealy and Columbia, they will win by 10. If not, they will take a big loss.

BrahmaMom
10-07-2007, 08:12 PM
Great advice, rancher. I am sure the coaches are frustrated with the lack of discipline. I remember "back in the day" when players were ripped for a penalty, even when they had gotten equipment caught in an opponent's jersey. C'mon Brahmas, let's bear down and play mistake-free ball for the rest of the season. GO BULLS!

HEMOTOXIC
10-07-2007, 09:50 PM
Gosh, I am getting excited already. Good luck to both teams. Maybe we will have a game even better than 2004.:D

Darren
10-08-2007, 07:39 AM
It will be close but I will take Bellville on this one.

Earlier in the season I thought that both of these teams would make the playoffs but with the way Caldwell is playing this could be a matchup to determine 3rd place.

buff4ever
10-08-2007, 08:12 AM
I have said all season thus far that bellville will finish 2nd in district and still think it, just ahead of caldwell.

Bellville by 10.

UPanIN
10-08-2007, 08:30 AM
Every year we hear about fair week at Bellville and how it may cost them a win.

Let's see. It's Columbus day today. I sure hope them Rattlers can stay focused this week and not get caught up in all the hoopla.:D

Navasota 35
Bellville 43

Navasota always has trouble in Bellville.

And the 2004 game was a great game.

Bull19
10-08-2007, 01:21 PM
if bellville's running game gets shut down, navasota will take this one

BrahmaMom
10-08-2007, 01:50 PM
As long as we don't suffer from penalties and TO's, we have got a great chance--even during Fair week. It will be an exciting game.

Bull's-eye
10-08-2007, 04:42 PM
The "Red Mustache" will be in town for the big game, even though he will be on the Navasota sidelines. Let the Rattlers put up with him for awhile! :D Just kidding, he's always welcome on the Bellville side.

zebrablue2
10-08-2007, 05:48 PM
The "Red Mustache" will be in town for the big game, even though he will be on the Navasota sidelines. Let the Rattlers put up with him for awhile! :D Just kidding, he's always welcome on the Bellville side.

how is elmer doing? last time we spoke he was in the hospital.

Bull's-eye
10-08-2007, 06:01 PM
He's doing fine. He got his voice back and is talking up a storm!

KL3
10-08-2007, 06:21 PM
How is the health of Pratt from Navasota?

navscanmaster
10-09-2007, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by KL3
How is the health of Pratt from Navasota?
Not serious. He should be healthy and hungry after only 9 carries. With the passing game finally picking up steam, it really takes a good defensive game plan to put the brakes on Navasota. On the other hand, Navasota has to play tough defense like they did for three quarters against Coldspring, or offensive balance may not be enough to take a game at the Pasture of Pain. I will be listening to this one at work unfortunately, but at least that eliminates being distracted by the "Red Mustache" in the sea of Royal Blue!

BrahmaMom
10-09-2007, 07:50 PM
Bull's Eye, please ask our buddy to wander over to the Brahma side for old times' sake. Glad to hear he's doing well. He is one fine gentleman.

HEMOTOXIC
10-09-2007, 09:20 PM
the "Red Mustache" in the sea of Royal Blue! [/B]

Yes, it will be great to see him. He is a friend of the family. 'Red Mustache' really loves his football and despite what everyone thinks, his Bellville Brahmas. Maybe we can get him to wear Navasota blue Friday, lol.

Bull19
10-09-2007, 09:34 PM
Yes, it will be great to see him. He is a friend of the family. 'Red Mustache' really loves his football and despite what everyone thinks, his Bellville Brahmas. Maybe we can get him to wear Navasota blue Friday, lol.

theirs no "maybe" about it. he will be in navasota blue

Bull's-eye
10-09-2007, 09:41 PM
He will be in a sea of blue, sitting on the sidelines with the Rattlers.

orangeblood
10-09-2007, 11:24 PM
I went with Navasota on this one, the Navasota posters talked me into it. They are up on thier team and sound so positive. That I had to go with them. It should be a great game, good luck to Bellville as well. Alot of good teams in 23-3a, hard to believe only 3 can go from this district....

Bull's-eye
10-10-2007, 05:33 PM
The Red Mustache wants to know who is the better back? Bellville's Nunn or Navasota's Pratt?

This season has been a break out year for Nunn. He is more of a power back with very good speed. Nunn is on a pace for about 1600 yds for the regular season. I have only seen Pratt a couple of games against Bellville. Last year, Navasota got behind early and went mostly to their passing offense.

Bull's-eye
10-10-2007, 07:59 PM
The Red Mustache reports that Pratt won't play friday night. Can anybody confirm this?

KL3
10-10-2007, 08:04 PM
Not serious. He should be healthy and hungry after only 9 carries.

Hmmm....

navscanmaster
10-11-2007, 06:09 AM
Well, I am not exactly an insider, so I only report what I have heard from others who are closer. However, I would guess that Bellville not knowing his status until kickoff kind of leaves a big grey area in their defensive game plan. Do we crash the linebackers to stop Pratt and trust our D-backs, or do we sit back and force them to run without their star back? Hmmmmm..... is right.

zebrablue2
10-11-2007, 07:07 AM
The Red Mustache reports that Pratt won't play friday night. Can anybody confirm this?

the red mustache usually has the inside scoop. sounds like even if he plays, may not be at full strength. I will go with bellville and the pasture advantage. bulls by 6.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-11-2007, 07:17 AM
Neal McCoy and Stoney LaRue will be in town for their show at the fair Saturday, maybe he could give a preveiw on Friday night?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-11-2007, 07:22 AM
Well, I am not exactly an insider, so I only report what I have heard from others who are closer. However, I would guess that Bellville not knowing his status until kickoff kind of leaves a big grey area in their defensive game plan. Do we crash the linebackers to stop Pratt and trust our D-backs, or do we sit back and force them to run without their star back? Hmmmmm..... is right.

If he plays, or if he dont, Bellville coaches will have the team ready for both.

3afan
10-11-2007, 07:23 AM
i voted for Navasota simply because when I played for Cove the toughest MLB I ever had to block was from Navasota, so they'll win Friday

hows that for logic?

UPanIN
10-11-2007, 08:00 AM
red mustache spends his afternoons watching the Rattlers practice. He should know something.

Brahma84
10-11-2007, 08:04 AM
Come on. This could be the game that already decides a play-off spot. Giddings and Caldwell are both playing very well. This game could be for third in district. Pratt was probably hurt in the game last week and has been resting this week instead of practicing. There is no way he will miss this game, even if he is not 100%.

UPanIN
10-11-2007, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by Brahma84
Come on. This could be the game that already decides a play-off spot. Giddings and Caldwell are both playing very well. This game could be for third in district. Pratt was probably hurt in the game last week and has been resting this week instead of practicing. There is no way he will miss this game, even if he is not 100%.

That my friend is called "common sense".:clap:

HEMOTOXIC
10-11-2007, 12:30 PM
Don't give the Brahmas the edge so quickly. Even after Pratt went down last week, the Rattlers still scored 21 points. I am not sure if he is playing or not. What I have been hearing is that he isn't. But, we shall see. Good Luck to both teams!

BrahmaMom
10-11-2007, 02:29 PM
I hope the Brahmas are ready whatever Navasota brings to the field. I guess my big question of the week is whether Red Mustache's mustache is still RED or now BLUE??? The Pasture and this game will make it tough for Navasota. I take the Brahmas, since I'm not good at numbers, I'll say a win but not a score. GO BULLS!! PS Don't forget, the fair brings old Bulls home to the Pasture--that could spur the team on to victory even more!

buff4life
10-11-2007, 03:39 PM
Don't give the Brahmas the edge so quickly. Even after Pratt went down last week, the Rattlers still scored 21 points. I am not sure if he is playing or not. What I have been hearing is that he isn't. But, we shall see. Good Luck to both teams!

Navasota still has to prove themselves, only people that say anything good about the performance are navasota fans...

until they beat Bellville, which i don't think they will do, i think they are overrated,

but let the play on the field prove me wrong

HEMOTOXIC
10-11-2007, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
Navasota still has to prove themselves, only people that say anything good about the performance are navasota fans...

until they beat Bellville, which i don't think they will do, i think they are overrated,

but let the play on the field prove me wrong

Everyone has to prove themselves. But, unless you come home with a state title, it doesn't even matter. So, Buff4life, maybe your Buffaloes should win a title before you get too big headed.
As I have stated before, I am not going to brag about what my favorite team will do. I will let the Rattlers prove themselves tomorrow. Navasota will be Bellville stiffest competition thus far. And, you call Navasota overated? Let's see if the Rattlers can put up 50 on the Brahmas.

buff4life
10-11-2007, 04:16 PM
Everyone has to prove themselves. But, unless you come home with a state title, it doesn't even matter. So, Buff4life, maybe your Buffaloes should win a title before you get too big headed.
As I have stated before, I am not going to brag about what my favorite team will do. I will let the Rattlers prove themselves tomorrow. Navasota will be Bellville stiffest competition thus far. And, you call Navasota overated? Let's see if the Rattlers can put up 50 on the Brahmas.

alright...never said anything about my team, i just said before you constantly receive praise and say pick your poison with which person and have unlimited confidence from EVERYONE, the team has to prove themselves for their homers,

Navasota has not played anyone yet, Giddings has played good competition and showed they are a good team...

UPanIN
10-11-2007, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
Navasota has not played anyone yet, Giddings has played good competition and showed they are a good team...

Now that's a good "HOMER" statement.:clap: :clap:

navscanmaster
10-11-2007, 04:37 PM
The "thread" seams to be fraying a little now. Lets pray for a good, injury-free game. Both teams need to advance from this game in good shape because Caldwell, Giddings, and LaGrange are not going to make it easy.

buff4life
10-11-2007, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by UPanIN
Now that's a good "HOMER" statement.:clap: :clap:

homer or not its accurate, Hutto and Waco Midway are "good teams" am i wrong?

UPanIN
10-11-2007, 04:42 PM
Never heard of them.:D

rancher
10-11-2007, 05:07 PM
I heard today from friends that Pratt will play. I hope that someone can give the scores of the Jr. High, Fresh and JV games today. How are the younger teams doing for Bellville.

necks_c/09
10-11-2007, 05:11 PM
1. Giddings
2. Caldwell
3. Bellville
4. the rest

nuff said

Bull's-eye
10-11-2007, 05:22 PM

Navasota did very well minus Pratt, but they are definately a better team with him. Earlier in the season, some Navasota posters were complaining they weren't using him enough. They thought Navasota would fair better by running Pratt a little more and not pass so much.

Bull's-eye
10-11-2007, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by BrahmaMom
I guess my big question of the week is whether Red Mustache's mustache is still RED or now BLUE???

What about grey?? :D I just got it from the "horse's mouth", it will be Navasota blue. He actually uses green the most, because he follows the Tatum Eagles.

KL3
10-11-2007, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by rancher
I heard today from friends that Pratt will play. I hope that someone can give the scores of the Jr. High, Fresh and JV games today. How are the younger teams doing for Bellville.

Bellville JV 3-? (They beat Sealy, Columbia, and St. Thomas, not sure about the Barbers Hill and Houston Christian games)

Bellville Freshman (5-0)
Bellville 8th Grade A (4-0)
Bellville 7th Grade A (4-0)

The 7th and 8th grade A and B teams swept Navasota in the first games of the season.

strike hard
10-11-2007, 06:46 PM
Should be a great game to watch. Go Rattlers!!!

BrahmaMom
10-12-2007, 12:17 AM
No matter what color the mustache, he will always have fans in Bellville! The freshman team beat Navasota, but the Rattlers scored first--first time all season the Bulls have allowed that. The Brahma offense looked stout, the defense needed to get tougher and they did when they needed to. Tell the red Mustache he missed #11's baby brother on that gorgeous Navasota field tonight! He's bigger and stronger than his older brother at the same age! My baby!

navscanmaster
10-12-2007, 07:02 AM
In response to the comment about many of us wanting Pratt to get the ball more, there is a reason. He is still averaging just shy of 10 yards per carry. The best way to help a team that is known for having a traditionally weaker defense is by keeping it off the field. That is done running the ball effectively and getting first downs. When you are going three and out by not executing well in the passing game, like Navasota was earlier in the season, the defense doesn't hardly even have time to rest and regroup. Both games that Pratt has carried the ball 20 times, he has eclipsed the 200 yard mark. Now that the spread offense is clicking, Pratt is an even more dangerous weapon not only rushing, but he has one of the softest pairs of hands on the team. If they can continue to throw effectively for first downs, then so be it. Just a note, in the interview with Coach Fedora after Coldspring, he said that Dexter told him "coach, they are all over me every play. The other guys are playing well, get them the ball."

venomous tat2
10-12-2007, 02:20 PM
In response to the comment about many of us wanting Pratt to get the ball more, there is a reason. He is still averaging just shy of 10 yards per carry. The best way to help a team that is known for having a traditionally weaker defense is by keeping it off the field. That is done running the ball effectively and getting first downs. When you are going three and out by not executing well in the passing game, like Navasota was earlier in the season, the defense doesn't hardly even have time to rest and regroup. Both games that Pratt has carried the ball 20 times, he has eclipsed the 200 yard mark. Now that the spread offense is clicking, Pratt is an even more dangerous weapon not only rushing, but he has one of the softest pairs of hands on the team. If they can continue to throw effectively for first downs, then so be it. Just a note, in the interview with Coach Fedora after Coldspring, he said that Dexter told him "coach, they are all over me every play. The other guys are playing well, get them the ball."

He told Coach Fedora AT half time I just want to win their D is set to stop me give the ball to the other guys some. That is a TRUE
team player, not worring about his stats but putting the team first. Coldspring is a good team they have a ton of speed and a BIG & fast rb & a rec that won their dist track meet in the 100.

trg
10-15-2007, 03:13 PM
Just a little update:

8th grade beat Navasota (5-0)
7th grade beat Navasota (5-0)

Just to brag a little: 8th grade A team has only been scored on once so far this year and that was with a combined A & B team and late in the 4th quarter with B team playing. Can't wait to see my baby playing under the Friday night lights.

KL3
10-15-2007, 03:29 PM
Thanks for the info trg. How did their season go last year? Here are the scores for the 8th grade A team this season.....

Bellville 8th Grade A (1-0) 27 Navasota 0
Bellville 8th Grade A (2-0) 22 Stephen F. Austin (Bryan) 0
Bellville 8th Grade A (3-0) 42 Smithville 8
Bellville 8th Grade A (4-0) 14 Jane Long Middle School (Bryan) 0
Bellville 8th Grade A (5-0) 24 Navasota 0

trg
10-15-2007, 03:37 PM
They lost one last year to, I believe, Caldwell so I know they will be looking for paybacks this year.