PDA

View Full Version : Hutto Hippos Take on Giddings vs. Caldwell

Milk That Cow
10-06-2007, 02:21 PM
Any Hutto Hippos want to give us their take on Giddings and Caldwell and any future predictions since your team is the only team to play both so far...

Old Tiger
10-06-2007, 02:22 PM
Un-bias opinion here....

two words maan; Brock Fitzhenry....:eek:

winthebigone
10-06-2007, 05:13 PM
Over 100 points may be scored, and less than 10 passes (total) may be thrown.

Brock vs. Canto, Sims, and the rest. Who can stop who.

Old Tiger
10-06-2007, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by winthebigone

Brock vs. Canto, Sims, and the rest. Who can stop who. I'm going with you're not stopping Brock. Who do yall think yall are Liberty Hill?

winthebigone
10-07-2007, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
I'm going with you're not stopping Brock. Who do yall think yall are Liberty Hill?

1000 yards of offense, against two above average opponents, speaks volumes about the Caldwell offense. They run the "Liberty Hill" offense. That offense beat Giddings in the regional finals. By all means, Giddings will tough to stop. Nobody has stopped either team yet this year. It will be veer option vs. slot-T. Whoever steps up and plays D will take this one.

LH Panther Mom
10-07-2007, 12:18 AM
They run the "Liberty Hill" offense. That offense beat Giddings in the regional finals.
Not quite the same, from what I could tell. Mechanically, maybe. And no, I'm not an expert, but I have watched this offense for 1 and 2 games a week for 7 seasons. Don't get me wrong - Caldwell is good at what they do. :)

orangeblood
10-07-2007, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Not quite the same, from what I could tell. Mechanically, maybe. And no, I'm not an expert, but I have watched this offense for 1 and 2 games a week for 7 seasons. Don't get me wrong - Caldwell is good at what they do. :)

Check again, your Coaches consulted with our Coaches. Same

Old Tiger
10-07-2007, 10:49 AM
1000 yards of offense, against two above average opponents, speaks volumes about the Caldwell offense. They run the "Liberty Hill" offense. That offense beat Giddings in the regional finals. By all means, Giddings will tough to stop. Nobody has stopped either team yet this year. It will be veer option vs. slot-T. Whoever steps up and plays D will take this one. LH's defense beat Giddings :)

LH Panther Mom
10-07-2007, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by orangeblood
Check again, your Coaches consulted with our Coaches. Same
Mechanics - yes, the plays (from my untrained eye) were the same. Maybe that didn't make sense the first time, or came out differently than I thought. :thinking:

rundoe
10-08-2007, 05:26 PM

Brock vs. Canto, Sims, and the rest. Who can stop who.

One team comes to mind that can stop both!!

rundoe
10-08-2007, 05:28 PM
Un-bias opinion here....

two words maan; Brock Fitzhenry....:eek:

I seem to remember a team stopping him last year.

buff4life
10-08-2007, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by rundoe
I seem to remember a team stopping him last year.

He had 80 somethin yards in the first half, not exactly stopping him...

Old Tiger
10-08-2007, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
He had 80 somethin yards in the first half, not exactly stopping him... Also had some fumbles which led to 14 points.

buff4life
10-08-2007, 07:04 PM
Also had some fumbles which led to 14 points.

still not stopping him...

the fumbles were on exchanges between him and jarmon i believe

Old Tiger
10-08-2007, 07:05 PM
still not stopping him...

the fumbles were on exchanges between him and jarmon i believe http://youtube.com/watch?v=hNBCwtXaiQI

Doesn't look like an exchange fumble to me.

buff4life
10-08-2007, 07:07 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=hNBCwtXaiQI

Doesn't look like an exchange fumble to me.

forgot about that one :D

damnit casey and your damn internet surfing

Old Tiger
10-08-2007, 07:09 PM

damnit casey and your damn internet surfing lol...came across this one too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rx-392fIW8s

LH Panther Mom
10-08-2007, 08:49 PM
51 yds :)

buff4life
10-08-2007, 11:26 PM

alright...

buff4life
10-08-2007, 11:43 PM

where did you find that?

Haunta Yo
10-09-2007, 05:25 AM

Both teams base out of the Slot-T and the A set.
Coach Vance and LH are directly tied to Bruce Bush's way of doing things, but they have developed some of their own wrinkles.

I don't think Caldwell has ties to Coach Bush, but it is the same basic offense. Caldwell runs a few more plays using the TB and the HB to trap.

It's pretty common for good coaching staffs to consult with each other when they run similar offenses or defenses.

LH Panther Mom
10-09-2007, 07:28 AM
where did you find that?
First post, almost at the bottom (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=56771)

Originally posted by Haunta Yo
Coach Vance and LH are directly tied to Bruce Bush's way of doing things, but they have developed some of their own wrinkles.

I don't think Caldwell has ties to Coach Bush, but it is the same basic offense. Caldwell runs a few more plays using the TB and the HB to trap.

The misdirection that I have become accustomed to seeing each week over the years is the difference I noticed. Maybe that's the "wrinkle" we've added? I don't know. I'm certainly no expert on what the X's & O's are supposed to look like. I've looked at my sons' play sheets they have brought home and it's Greek to me.

What I did notice is that after watching less than a quarter, many times I could tell what the play was going to be at the snap. I don't mean the "specific" play, but who would be given the ball and which direction they would head. Maybe it's because I had no vested interest and paid more attention. :thinking:

Again, Caldwell is good at what they do. Best of luck to them!

rundoe
10-09-2007, 07:38 AM

It was and still is.

LH Panther Mom
10-09-2007, 08:43 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=hNBCwtXaiQI

That was SWEEEEEET! :)

rundoe
10-09-2007, 10:40 AM

It was a fumble and still is

rundoe
10-09-2007, 10:45 AM
I'm going with you're not stopping Brock. Who do yall think yall are Liberty Hill?

Done it before.

rundoe
10-09-2007, 10:47 AM

you've heard me over and over and probably more, the only stat that really counts is the final stat on the socreboard. Nuff Said.

winthebigone
10-09-2007, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Haunta Yo

It's pretty common for good coaching staffs to consult with each other when they run similar offenses or defenses.

Liberty Hill lives off the G-ISO to Allman and the buck sweep to their halfback.

Caldwell's version is different in that they use the HB/TB traps and unbalanced-quick pitch to take advantage of a great RB in Canto.

To defeat your enemy, you often have to adopt their tactics.

Great thing about the slot-t is that it allows you to compete with average talent, and kill people when you have good to great talent.

buff4life
10-09-2007, 03:49 PM
you've heard me over and over and probably more, the only stat that really counts is the final stat on the socreboard. Nuff Said.

do you enjoy putting words in my mouth or what?

but whatever

and i never said it wasn't a fumble, in fact i never argued that from the time it happened

buff4life
10-09-2007, 03:49 PM
First post, almost at the bottom (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=56771)

The misdirection that I have become accustomed to seeing each week over the years is the difference I noticed. Maybe that's the "wrinkle" we've added? I don't know. I'm certainly no expert on what the X's & O's are supposed to look like. I've looked at my sons' play sheets they have brought home and it's Greek to me.

What I did notice is that after watching less than a quarter, many times I could tell what the play was going to be at the snap. I don't mean the "specific" play, but who would be given the ball and which direction they would head. Maybe it's because I had no vested interest and paid more attention. :thinking:

Again, Caldwell is good at what they do. Best of luck to them!

thanks LHPM for being nice and classy about it...

buff4ever
10-09-2007, 04:41 PM
to take up for buff4life, he nor I and a lot of others never disputed the fumbles. Just b/c our coach did in an interview doesn't mean the town agreed with it. What Buff4life was getting at is that the fumbles (other than the one right before half) were all on us. We fumbled snaps, we fumbled hand offs; and while you would say that defenses cause these they do, but sometimes not literally if that makes since to you.

Maybe if brock hadn't gotten hurt he would have still run for 150 yards or something, we will never know. However, one thing we probably can say is that the score wouldn't have been as close if he hadn't gotten hurt.

buff4ever
10-09-2007, 04:45 PM
Now buff4life, you have to relax when it comes to rundoe, he seems to me to be a little narrow minded when it comes to football. IT IS ALL ABOUT THE LH with him. No hard feelings intended, I just don't think he cares about many towns programs other than his own. It is okay, that is allowed on this board.

LH as a community is great, and they are very successful, and I would be happy to have a rematch if both teams can make it to the quarter final again.

buff4ever
10-10-2007, 08:04 AM
buff4life, are you going to the game friday?

chaingang
10-10-2007, 11:00 AM

We've stopped Brock the past two years.;)

We being WOS:D

buff4life
10-10-2007, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by chaingang

We being WOS:D

but according to rundoe...its only the W that matters :D :D

i'll prolly get corrected, but i think he still had 100 yds

buff4life
10-10-2007, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
buff4life, are you going to the game friday?

yup, i'm coming into town mid afternoon and chillin by the pool with some other determinants and then cruisin down to the game..

Old Tiger
10-10-2007, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by chaingang

We being WOS:D Yall are a push :D 1-1 :D

rundoe
10-10-2007, 06:24 PM
Now buff4life, you have to relax when it comes to rundoe, he seems to me to be a little narrow minded when it comes to football. IT IS ALL ABOUT THE LH with him. No hard feelings intended, I just don't think he cares about many towns programs other than his own. It is okay, that is allowed on this board.

LH as a community is great, and they are very successful, and I would be happy to have a rematch if both teams can make it to the quarter final again.

Your wrong, but entitled to your opinion.. be it as immature as it is. Really wouldn't have expected much else.

As far as a rematch, looking forward to it.

buff4life
10-10-2007, 08:48 PM
Your wrong, but entitled to your opinion.. be it as immature as it is. Really wouldn't have expected much else.

As far as a rematch, looking forward to it.

pot callin the kettle black

rundoe
10-10-2007, 09:31 PM
pot callin the kettle black

No Comment. I'll let the team do the talking. Tired of playing with kids.

buff4life
10-10-2007, 10:02 PM
No Comment. I'll let the team do the talking. Tired of playing with kids.

do you want me to say it again?...kids?

buff4ever
10-11-2007, 07:59 AM
rundoe, I was waiting for you to make this mistake, and I knew you would. Immature kid you think I am. Is that you judging me by what you have viewed giddings by for a year now, only b/c you judged us by a few not as a whole.

If you would have paid attention to anything except LH football and hating giddings you would have read many post from myself explaining how I have ties in LH and respect LH a whole lot, and was happy for you guys.

I also state many times in a mature fashion how everyone could learn a little by judging towns as a whole and not by one or two or three or ten people. MY OPINION IN THE LAST YEAR WOULD TELL ME THAT YOU ARE NOT NEAR AS MATURE AS YOU THINK YOU ARE. I don't like calling anyone out on this board, but for some reason your one-sided immature post have finally pushed me over the edge, especially when you act like I am a immature kid.

Maybe you can ask LHPM her opinion of my post on this board for a year. I have no idea what she will say, but I have the utmost respect for her and feel like you will trust her opinion, RIGHT.

buff4ever
10-11-2007, 08:02 AM
that last comment was a question of whether or not you trust her, my gut tells me you do.

THESE ARE JUST MY OPINIONS THEY MEAN NOTHING BEYOND THAT!

rundoe
10-11-2007, 08:19 AM
Liberty Hill lives off the G-ISO to Allman and the buck sweep to their halfback.

Caldwell's version is different in that they use the HB/TB traps and unbalanced-quick pitch to take advantage of a great RB in Canto.

To defeat your enemy, you often have to adopt their tactics.

Great thing about the slot-t is that it allows you to compete with average talent, and kill people when you have good to great talent.

Good thing we have great talent

rundoe
10-11-2007, 08:34 AM
rundoe, I was waiting for you to make this mistake, and I knew you would. Immature kid you think I am. Is that you judging me by what you have viewed giddings by for a year now, only b/c you judged us by a few not as a whole.

If you would have paid attention to anything except LH football and hating giddings you would have read many post from myself explaining how I have ties in LH and respect LH a whole lot, and was happy for you guys.

I also state many times in a mature fashion how everyone could learn a little by judging towns as a whole and not by one or two or three or ten people. MY OPINION IN THE LAST YEAR WOULD TELL ME THAT YOU ARE NOT NEAR AS MATURE AS YOU THINK YOU ARE. I don't like calling anyone out on this board, but for some reason your one-sided immature post have finally pushed me over the edge, especially when you act like I am a immature kid.

Maybe you can ask LHPM her opinion of my post on this board for a year. I have no idea what she will say, but I have the utmost respect for her and feel like you will trust her opinion, RIGHT.

I was referring to the ONE post (actually two, now that I have gone back and reread the thread), you made about and directed at me. Did you think I was going to just ignore it? What mistake are you referring to?

I agree with you on judging a town as a town, a team as a team, and a coach as a coach and a player as a player. As far as being one sided. I tend to respond to a lot of threads on here, not just ones concerning Liberty Hill. I seldom start threads (the one I can think of is me hitting 1000 posts last night.)

Trust me, I do NOT take Gidding lightly, never have. I keep up with a lot of the other teams, but am mostly interested in the ones that are interesting or that we may run into on the playoffs. Just because I don't comment on them does not mean I am not interested. I still read em. I just choose to listen and learn.

So lets keep this on the up and up and if I offended you by reponding to your post I apoligize. Just no more personal attacks on me ok? That should be done in pm's or in person. Does that satisfy you?

And no, I prefere to keep LHPM out of this.

HipposGitErDun
10-11-2007, 11:10 AM
I was at both games. Here are the observations.

1. Neither defense is great. They both have a few good linebackers. I think this is a toss-up with the favor going to the coach that has the best scheme for the opponent. The other key is to wrap up the running backs when you hit them. Hutto hit Caldwell at or behind the line of scrimmage on most of the big gains they had, but did not wrap up. Pretty much the same against Giddings. Much of that is hard running, and much of that was just not wrapping up. The defenses of these two teams will have to make tackles when the opportunity is there. If you do that and make the offense take 10 plays or more to score, there is a much better chance that a turnover or penalty will occur to kill the drive.

2. Both have a very good running game.(DUH) I have to give the edge to Giddings in that if Brock breaks free, no one can catch him. I think one team will break it open with a big pass play, and if not the game will be decided by the team that wins the turnover battle.

3. It is hard to compare scores in the two games vs. Hutto. We lost our best offensive player in the first half vs Caldwell and he had big yards against Giddings. We also lost our key middle linebacker right after halftime with the score very close. We played fairly well against Giddings when we did not turn the ball over, and did not play well at all against Caldwell.

4. I think they are both really nice teams(though one dimensional) and I have to give the edge to Giddings based on the speed of Brock. If you like running teams, you wont want to miss this one.

rundoe
10-11-2007, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by HipposGitErDun

1. Neither defense is great. They both have a few good linebackers. I think this is a toss-up with the favor going to the coach that has the best scheme for the opponent. The other key is to wrap up the running backs when you hit them. Hutto hit Caldwell at or behind the line of scrimmage on most of the big gains they had, but did not wrap up. Pretty much the same against Giddings. Much of that is hard running, and much of that was just not wrapping up. The defenses of these two teams will have to make tackles when the opportunity is there. If you do that and make the offense take 10 plays or more to score, there is a much better chance that a turnover or penalty will occur to kill the drive.

2. Both have a very good running game.(DUH) I have to give the edge to Giddings in that if Brock breaks free, no one can catch him. I think one team will break it open with a big pass play, and if not the game will be decided by the team that wins the turnover battle.

3. It is hard to compare scores in the two games vs. Hutto. We lost our best offensive player in the first half vs Caldwell and he had big yards against Giddings. We also lost our key middle linebacker right after halftime with the score very close. We played fairly well against Giddings when we did not turn the ball over, and did not play well at all against Caldwell.

4. I think they are both really nice teams(though one dimensional) and I have to give the edge to Giddings based on the speed of Brock. If you like running teams, you wont want to miss this one.

Good post and good observation. :thumbsup:

buff4life
10-11-2007, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by HipposGitErDun

not faulting your observations at all, but if you put the fact that you were missing people against caldwell, our defense was missing two starting dlinemen and a linebacker against hutto...but your right, our defense was fairly lackluster THAT night

buff4ever
10-11-2007, 04:56 PM
I would say that waco midway was better offensively than hutto and our defense held them to 14. Maybe it is b/c of having all starters in the line up, or b/c our 3-3 lined up better with their offense or both. But that is how I see it. Our defense will surprise many I feel when it comes down to it, When we face teams with a run dominant attack and they are very good at it, I think we will make the proper adjustments. We gave up some points to hutto when they were running the ball pretty well at our 3-3 defense, that was with some starters out and no adjustments. The defense will be a factor like it usually is. The D has scored this year as well w/ one interception TD being called back for a stupid penalty (on our player, not blaming the ref) 30 yards away from the ball. They will score more like they did last year.