PDA

View Full Version : One for the coaches

BobcatBenny
10-06-2007, 11:22 AM
After pondering Celina's games, I have got to ask.

I know each school has varying numbers of coaching and scouts available, but seriously, how much time do you spend watching film and reviewing scouting reports?

For example, each week I see teams try to throw the over the middle slant on Celina.

And each week I watch the other team's receivers dizzily stagger to the sidelines.

I know this is football and you have got to run the plays you have, but don't you think you would modify your game plan to at least open this play up first? Does this stuff not show up on film and scouting reports?

Yes, B44 I am an ignoramus so if you would just explain to me what great coaching minds look at, I would appreciate it.

necks_c/09
10-06-2007, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
After pondering Celina's games, I have got to ask.

I know each school has varying numbers of coaching and scouts available, but seriously, how much time do you spend watching film and reviewing scouting reports?

For example, each week I see teams try to throw the over the middle slant on Celina.

And each week I watch the other team's receivers dizzily stagger to the sidelines.

I know this is football and you have got to run the plays you have, but don't you think you would modify your game plan to at least open this play up first? Does this stuff not show up on film and scouting reports?

Yes, B44 I am an ignoramus so if you would just explain to me what great coaching minds look at, I would appreciate it. our players watch film 2 days a week i think, and they each get a copy of the offensive and defensive gameplan/ scouting reports on tiesday i think....

so, in turn, we know the other team pretty well, but i think the first day of film is just watching our friday game and what went wrong and what worked and why what went wrong.....

not sure about the other day

PlayaJBiehl20
10-06-2007, 01:11 PM
I know my dad used to be a coach and I would go with him on Saturdays. They know what the tendencies are in each formation, the blocking schemes and visa versa on defense, so to answer your question teams should know not to throw slants over the middle if yall cover it well, but then again you have to stick to your gameplan. If you throw alot of slants you cant change it just because your playin a good defensive team.

BobcatBenny
10-06-2007, 03:32 PM
Not to get focused on the slant pass verses game preparation, but perhaps the slant is just that play coaches use as a crutch to attempt to get a sluggish offense going.

block&tackle
10-06-2007, 04:04 PM
I am no expert but it seems like it is an OC's answer to not being able to protect his QB for long enough for anything more than a quick hitter. I also wonder how much film they have been watching when I see them try to throw screens. :doh:

burnet44
10-06-2007, 04:25 PM

Yes, B44 I am an ignoramus so if you would just explain to me what great coaching minds look at, I would appreciate it.

Its good to know I get so much love here.

BobcatBenny
10-06-2007, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by burnet44
Its good to know I get so much love here.
I just figured that question would bring out your slant. So I was decapitating it. Just like a good ol boy from Celina :)

burnet44
10-06-2007, 04:56 PM
I just figured that question would bring out your slant. So I was decapitating it. Just like a good ol boy from Celina :)

my swim and underneath move would leave you wondering what happened

not to mention the whip and sting
then there is the slide and punch
followed by the up and thumb

Im unstoppable