PDA

View Full Version : Columbus 20, Sealy 17 Final (OT)

Bellville22
10-06-2007, 01:21 AM
Columbus drives down for the game tying score with 2 minutes in regulation. Sealy kicks a field goal during the first overtime possession. Columbus scores a TD on its second play in OT.

The Cards are 5-0 and have two big district wins!

Bull19
10-06-2007, 11:59 PM
THIS GAME WAS ONE OF THE BEST GAMES I'VE WITNESSED IN A LONG TIME. IF COLUMBUS COULD'VE CAPITALIZED ON THIER SECOND TO LAST DRIVE ON THE THIRD AND LONG THIS GAME WOULD'VE NEVER HAD TO GO INTO O.T......BUT A WIN IS A WIN...GREAT JOB C-TOWN

Bull's-eye
10-07-2007, 12:05 AM
Bull19, thanks for calling me with those updates. Wished I could of seen that game. Congratulations Cardinals!!

duke55
10-07-2007, 12:07 AM
cheaaaaaaaaa 5-0

Necked
10-07-2007, 12:17 AM
If they both take care of business this week it sets up an interesting matchup the following week when Columbia comes to Columbus. Would be for 1st place in district. Not too many people would have seen that coming at the start of the season.......

necks_c/09
10-07-2007, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by Necked
If they both take care of business this week it sets up an interesting matchup the following week when Columbia comes to Columbus. Would be for 1st place in district. Not too many people would have seen that coming at the start of the season....... no one, but I knew deep down that we were not gonna be in the cellar, just didnt think we'd be (2-0)

but the players told me(dex and Lane), that they were gonna go (0-3) then (6-1)

and finish (8-4)

On pace to do so.

zebrablue2
10-07-2007, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by Necked
If they both take care of business this week it sets up an interesting matchup the following week when Columbia comes to Columbus. Would be for 1st place in district. Not too many people would have seen that coming at the start of the season.......

never saw this columbus team coming. coaches have done a great job. sealy has also done a great job in moving forward with a young team. I said at the start of the season I thought sealy was a year away. 2008 will be a good one for sealy. they may also have something to say in 2007, but I believe they still fall short of the playoffs. necks are also making some noise, and have a shot. will be a great district to keep up with the final five weeks.

JDOG
10-07-2007, 10:05 AM
All the Necks needed to do was clean up the turnovers and dumb mistakes and they have done that. It will be interesting to see how they handle the size from Needville and Columbus. They are big and strong.

necks_c/09
10-07-2007, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by necks_c/09
no one, but I knew deep down that we were not gonna be in the cellar, just didnt think we'd be (2-0)

but the players told me(dex and Lane), that they were gonna go (0-3) then (6-1)

and finish (8-4)

On pace to do so. i meant (6-4) just 4 the record.

and they said that after we were (0-2)... not at the beginning of the season.

scotty
10-07-2007, 06:27 PM
It's been a long time since the Sealy-Columbus game had any meaning other that pride, but this one did and what a game it was. Hard hitting from start to finish and both teams had their chance in winning during regulation time. Had Sealy scored on the first time they had the ball after second half kickoff it may have been more than Columbus could have overcome. But it was a hard hit by Columbus that caused the fumble at around the 18 to turn the ball over. Some of Sealy's sophomores are beginning to really play well. Columbus is pretty much a senior club and those guys are entitled to some success, they took their lumps the past couple of years. Coach Mascheck is also a good guy and good for Columbus. I saw where their top booster donated another $200,000 so they can add a new 8-lane track around the football field. That makes around $2 million he and his wife have given to the Columbus school.

maestro
10-07-2007, 06:28 PM
what is this week's schedule for the district???