PDA

View Full Version : District 23-3A - The TOUGHEST District in the State

Milk That Cow
10-06-2007, 12:24 AM
It's Showtime in 23-3A....

After seeing what Caldwell and Giddings have done to Hutto, that's gonna be a great ball game...

By the way, one of these teams is not going to the Playoffs...

Giddings
Navasota
Bellville
Caldwell

Unbelievable...

This District, in my humble opinion, is By Far The Best In The Great State Of Texas...

Brahma84
10-06-2007, 12:28 AM
District 23-3A went 5-0 this week, with Giddings idle.

HEMOTOXIC
10-06-2007, 12:37 AM
Heck of a district. Now, the season begins!

footballgal
10-06-2007, 12:44 AM
32-3A

Don't know if it's the toughest in the state, but it sure will be a tough one. And district play starts next Friday.

Sorry, I thought it was a question... as you were.:o

Cameron Crazy
10-06-2007, 12:50 AM
I am going to agree, that is one tough district.

footballgal
10-06-2007, 01:18 AM
Btw, season overall is 22-6
Rio Hondo 6-0
Hidalgo 5-1
La Feria 4-1
Progreso 4-2
Port Isabel 3-2

4 very good teams 1 much improved team. 1 very good team will stay home during the playoffs.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-06-2007, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by footballgal
Rio Hondo 6-0
Hidalgo 5-1
La Feria 4-1
Progreso 4-2
Port Isabel 3-2 Progresso has improved, but its a 4 team race(RH, LF,PI and Hidalgo) of who wins district. AND back on topic 23-3a has some good teams but the clear favorite for district champs is Giddings.

big daddy russ
10-06-2007, 01:28 AM
Footballgal, no doubt D32 will be tough, but as far as top-end quality, 23-3A's pretty hard to beat. I don't know if there are as many high-caliber teams anywhere else in the state, especially with the Jasper district not being what it once was.

HEMOTOXIC
10-06-2007, 01:29 AM
Giddings 5-0
Caldwell 4-0
Navasota 4-1
Bellville 4-1
La Grange 2-2
Smithville 2-3

Top 4 teams: 17-2

HEMOTOXIC
10-06-2007, 01:30 AM
BTW: Caldwell could easily be 5-0 if it hadn't been for a cancelled game due to weather...

1st and goal
10-06-2007, 07:43 AM
I know the district is one of the toughest. I just hope they don't turn each other into pulp before the playoffs.

If Giddings wins out, I'd still like to see the others go deeper into the playoffs than last year.

Old Tiger
10-06-2007, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by footballgal
Rio Hondo 6-0
Hidalgo 5-1
La Feria 4-1
Progreso 4-2
Port Isabel 3-2

4 very good teams 1 much improved team. 1 very good team will stay home during the playoffs. Region I and IV are omitted from this conversation :D

cgaceb
10-06-2007, 07:45 AM
Caldwell and Giddings will battle for first. There may be 100 points scored in this one and will be over by 9:00.
Bellville and Navasota will play for 3rd and 4th and Bellville will win this one.

Old Tiger
10-06-2007, 07:47 AM
District 9

HEMOTOXIC
10-06-2007, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by cgaceb
Caldwell and Giddings will battle for first. There may be 100 points scored in this one and will be over by 9:00.
Bellville and Navasota will play for 3rd and 4th and Bellville will win this one.

:thinking:
:crazy:
I can't see that happening. Navasota will battle Caldwell for 2nd at Rattler Stadium.

winthebigone
10-06-2007, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
:thinking:
:crazy:
I can't see that happening. Navasota will battle Caldwell for 2nd at Rattler Stadium.

Navasota's biggest game of the year is next week against Bellville. A win could vault them into contention for the DC, a loss could demoralize them into the bottom half of the division. As far as Navasota beating Caldwell, tell them to work on stopping the run. Navasota hasn't stopped anybody on the ground yet, and Caldwell hasn't been stopped on the ground.

IHStangFan
10-06-2007, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Region I and IV are omitted from this conversation :D I'd love to see a D32 team matchup w/ a D23 team in the playoffs.

HEMOTOXIC
10-06-2007, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by winthebigone
Navasota's biggest game of the year is next week against Bellville. A win could vault them into contention for the DC, a loss could demoralize them into the bottom half of the division. As far as Navasota beating Caldwell, tell them to work on stopping the run. Navasota hasn't stopped anybody on the ground yet, and Caldwell hasn't been stopped on the ground.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, we heard that before playing Coldspring, and we won pretty handily, 54 to 30. Yes, Caldwell is probably a better team than Coldspring. But hey, Caldwell has to play defence too.

CelinaCatFan
10-06-2007, 10:01 PM
I agree with 9-3A. Two of these teams are not going to the playoffs:

Celina (5-0)
Whitesboro (5-0) - they already beat Prosper
Prosper (4-1)
Pilot Point (4-1)
Frisco Wakeland (4-1)

navscanmaster
10-07-2007, 06:48 AM

Also, I would have to say that Navasota did a pretty darn good job against the run against Coldspring. Almost half their yardage came on two runs that weren't even touchdowns. They only threw the ball 5 or 6 times. Their leading rusher averaged only 3 yards per carry if you take away his 75 yard scamper to start the second half. This was a team that was averaging 300 yards rushing a game. I am by no means saying that they are ready to halt the Hornets of Buffaloes, but heck, progress is progress, and you have to give them credit. Defense has never been one of Navasota's strong points, but it is improved many times over at this point of the season compared to the last decade. Bellville will be THE most important game of the year for Navasota, and vice versa. I hope the better team wins. Go Rattlers!

winthebigone
10-07-2007, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Also, I would have to say that Navasota did a pretty darn good job against the run against Coldspring. Almost half their yardage came on two runs that weren't even touchdowns. They only threw the ball 5 or 6 times. Their leading rusher averaged only 3 yards per carry if you take away his 75 yard scamper to start the second half. This was a team that was averaging 300 yards rushing a game. I am by no means saying that they are ready to halt the Hornets of Buffaloes, but heck, progress is progress, and you have to give them credit. Defense has never been one of Navasota's strong points, but it is improved many times over at this point of the season compared to the last decade. Bellville will be THE most important game of the year for Navasota, and vice versa. I hope the better team wins. Go Rattlers!

Navasota is very explosive on offense. The Buffalos and Hornets will have to contain Pratt and Stokes. I expect 23-3A to be a blood bath with the four big ones (Giddings, Caldwell, Navasota, and Bellville) beating each other up. I still say no one will go through without a loss, even Giddings.

orangeblood
10-07-2007, 10:03 AM
Navasota is very explosive on offense. The Buffalos and Hornets will have to contain Pratt and Stokes. I expect 23-3A to be a blood bath with the four big ones (Giddings, Caldwell, Navasota, and Bellville) beating each other up. I still say no one will go through without a loss, even Giddings.

AGREED!!!!!!!!!

footballgal
10-07-2007, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
I'd love to see a D32 team matchup w/ a D23 team in the playoffs.
+1

duke55
10-07-2007, 02:46 PM
no doubt D23

HEMOTOXIC
10-08-2007, 09:34 PM

Agreed as well. I think that the Rattlers are beginning to see exactly how good they can be. I just hope that they can continue to build on their 4 game win streak as they travel to Bellville where it is always a tough place to play. The crowd needs to make sure they are there and are loud! The team really feeds off the crowd.

Bull19
10-08-2007, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
Agreed as well. I think that the Rattlers are beginning to see exactly how good they can be. I just hope that they can continue to build on their 4 game win streak as they travel to Bellville where it is always a tough place to play. The crowd needs to make sure they are there and are loud! The team really feeds off the crowd.

no doubt this is going to be a playoff game in the regular season if you know what i mean